Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (3 Viewers)

Nobbie_67

I've always said if we got to Wembley we'd win and here we are. We have an incredible recent record, a great manager in Robins and Adi in support of course, plus some real playmakers in the team and a confidence that builds with each game. Remember last season and the late late goals... we haven't needed them on this latest run.

I'm going 4-1 City (66-1) and can't bloody wait! Wish I could stop waking up so early though, I'll be half dead by Saturday! 😆

fernandopartridge

He is a class act, not just in football terms, but the way he conducts himself in all aspects.

Nathan Jones did a fantastic job for us, particularly when you bear in mind we were almost certs for relegation when he came back. You got the feeling it had run its course before he left for the second time though, RE came in and made a real difference- we were by no means struggling when Jones went, but you could see a real difference.

There is a younger section of our fanbase that has only ever known us on an upward trajectory, but most of us remember the dark days only too well, we’re too long in the tooth to be making bold predictions!
Interesting point about Jones, similar to Potter at Brighton maybe where they'd probably hit the ceiling of what they could achieve

Johhny Blue

I've always said if we got to Wembley we'd win and here we are. We have an incredible recent record, a great manager in Robins and Adi in support of course, plus some real playmakers in the team and a confidence that builds with each game. Remember last season and the late late goals... we haven't needed them on this latest run.

I'm going 4-1 City (66-1) and can't bloody wait! Wish I could stop waking up so early though, I'll be half dead by Saturday! 😆
You really think Wilson will break his clean sheet streak?

croatskyblue

People seem to have forgotten the meaning of the phrase "cult hero". That usually means a massive character, not necessarily just your teams best player-people like Huckerby, Konjic or Killer. Vic's not a cult hero, he's just a very good player. If anyone's a cult hero of the present squad, it's probably Ben Wilson.

I think this is right, which makes Max Biamou a cult hero right? 🙈😂

Harry

Woodrow is out for Luton so they have no strikers to bring on if Morris and Adebayo tire other than Taylor who has never scored and started once I think.

MikeyMoo

Took my wife and boys to both Wembley games '17 and '18. The Oxford game was one of the best days of my youngest boy's life - he was 5. Loved it, sang, shouted, going crazy. Went to Kindegarten next day and painted it. Got that framed! Gutted to miss out on tickets this time around, but since I would only have got two that would have been a big problem anyway... In some ways it was easier when we were in the lower leagues! Still, to win this would be so epic. I hope you all have the best day!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Pessimism tells me that we will struggle with these, they're a big unit and won't be bullied or kicked about as much as Middlesbrough,they will also defend deep and we may struggle to unleash Vik. Looking at it positively, we haven't lost to them this season, we've been on a great run and have arguably the two best players between both teams playing for us.
I'm sure MR will be aware of that and I think will employ the box and look for Hamer and Allen to get into the gaps betwen the midfield and defence if they defend deep.

LTFC2023

Interesting point about Jones, similar to Potter at Brighton maybe where they'd probably hit the ceiling of what they could achieve
Yeah, now you mention it, that’s a good comparison.

I’m not a football expert, I’m a football fan, but you could see the change in the side when RE took over- a calmer approach, which seemed to translate to the players. No panicking, drawing games we may well have lost previously, winning when we’d have very likely drew….NJ was great for us, but he’s a bundle of nervous energy, the players were probably grateful for RE’s more sane presence!

Sky Blue Pete

Yeah, now you mention it, that’s a good comparison.

I’m not a football expert, I’m a football fan, but you could see the change in the side when RE took over- a calmer approach, which seemed to translate to the players. No panicking, drawing games we may well have lost previously, winning when we’d have very likely drew….NJ was great for us, but he’s a bundle of nervous energy, the players were probably grateful for RE’s more sane presence!
Great interview with him I just watched
Him and robins probably great pals

Otis

With all the others?
wife dave GIF

NorthernWisdom

I don't think that's fair myself. Both managers took bigger jobs, and the new ones have harnessed the momentum. Next season is the true test when ;) Luton don't go up, but much like somebody could have come in and taken us to midtable after our terrible start, it doesn't mean the previous manager wouldn't have continued to improve the club.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
People seem to have forgotten the meaning of the phrase "cult hero". That usually means a massive character, not necessarily just your teams best player-people like Huckerby, Konjic or Killer. Vic's not a cult hero, he's just a very good player. If anyone's a cult hero of the present squad, it's probably Ben Wilson.
i must break you dolph lundgren GIF

Vik disagrees

Sky_Blue_Daz

Morning All , 2 days to go . How's everyone in the sky blue city today?

jordan210

I still need to decide on what shirt to wear. Narrowed it down to two

Toss up between this seasons purple away kit and 1996/96 Le Coq Sportif home shirt.

Skyblueweeman

I still need to decide on what shirt to wear. Narrowed it down to two

Toss up between this seasons purple away kit and 1996/96 Le Coq Sportif home shirt.

Nice to have the choice.

My belly is a little more 'rotund' than it once was and the older tops are too snug for my liking so this seasons top will be the one of choice.

If I was you though, go with the home shirt.

jordan210

Nice to have the choice.

My belly is a little more 'rotund' than it once was and the older tops are too snug for my liking so this seasons top will be the one of choice.

If I was you though, go with the home shirt.

Losing 4 stone over the last few years has helped ! Think will try both on on Sat morning and go with the one that doesn't look tight !

found two lovely Nike template kits.brand new with tags on The amount I waste on new shirts when the release !

TomRad85

Just can't shake it from my head that we are winning this, which i guess will make it even more painful if we don't. I know everyone has underestimated Luton but this isn't your standard play off finalist, a parachute payment or a sugar daddy team with players than can pull you to pieces, this is a very solid well drilled outfit who know their jobs who i fully believe we can beat. We too are extremely well drilled and in Gyok and Hamer have arguably the 2 stand out players on the pitch, i'm hoping they will be the difference makers. I just cannot see us getting a better opportunity than this for many years.

CovInEssex

Just can't shake it from my head that we are winning this, which i guess will make it even more painful if we don't. I know everyone has underestimated Luton but this isn't your standard play off finalist, a parachute payment or a sugar daddy team with players than can pull you to pieces, this is a very solid well drilled outfit who know their jobs who i fully believe we can beat. We too are extremely well drilled and in Gyok and Hamer have arguably the 2 stand out players on the pitch, i'm hoping they will be the difference makers. I just cannot see us getting a better opportunity than this for many years.

Agree. It's now or never

Users who are viewing this thread