Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (11 Viewers)

Flying Fokker

Alright Sky Blues, just popped in to say all the very best for Saturday. Spent three fabulous years living in Cov in the early 80s while @ Uni. Went to Highfield Road 40 or 50 times. Drove up to Cov for the Saturday night celebration after the cup final win (from London). Met my missus at Uni. So many happy memories of the City and area. Always kept an eye out for City and have pointed out to so many plastic EPL fans what a proper football club Cov is. This Brighton fan will be screaming at the TV on Saturday. PUSB!!
My BIL has a ST at Brighton

LTFC2023

I’m loving the plastics losing their shit TBH, same as the promoted teams staying up this season, the more clubs up there that haven’t had riches dropped on the the better IMO.

If we don’t go up I’ll certainly be rooting for Luton in the Prem next season.
Given the amount of clubs currently in the championship that have benefitted from PL money and subsequent parachute payments, it makes the apparently “unfashionable” PO final an incredible achievement by both clubs- good for football too in my opinion, breaking up the closed circle of the same teams going up and down every other season.

How do rate Cov’s chances in the PL if you do turn us over? If we get up, I don’t expect us to spend ridiculous money replacing most of the squad, our board have always spent sensibly after previous promotions and I imagine the same would apply this time. Most of us are looking at it as a way to fund the long awaited new stadium, even if we have to get used to losing a lot more games than we’ve become accustomed to in recent times- bigger picture and all that.

It’s all ifs at the moment of course, tight game that could go either way on Saturday.

shmmeee

Given the amount of clubs currently in the championship that have benefitted from PL money and subsequent parachute payments, it makes the apparently “unfashionable” PO final an incredible achievement by both clubs- good for football too in my opinion, breaking up the closed circle of the same teams going up and down every other season.

How do rate Cov’s chances in the PL if you do turn us over? If we get up, I don’t expect us to spend ridiculous money replacing most of the squad, our board have always spent sensibly after previous promotions and I imagine the same would apply this time. Most of us are looking at it as a way to fund the long awaited new stadium, even if we have to get used to losing a lot more games than we’ve become accustomed to in recent times- bigger picture and all that.

It’s all ifs at the moment of course, tight game that could go either way on Saturday.

Oh I fully expect us to get smashed every week. Though if anyone can put together a squad capable of staying up without breaking the bank it’s Robins, which gives me hope.

Mucca Mad Boys

Oh I fully expect us to get smashed every week. Though if anyone can put together a squad capable of staying up without breaking the bank it’s Robins, which gives me hope.

Honestly, our squad will probably be one of the worst to go up if we win on Saturday. Especially when we factor in the talented loanees going back to their squads.

Thankfully, with Hamer and Gyokeres, we have two fantastic players who can make the grade from day one. Other than that, there’ll be a massive rebuild on our hands.

stay_up_skyblues

Honestly, our squad will probably be one of the worst to go up if we win on Saturday. Especially when we factor in the talented loanees going back to their squads.

Thankfully, with Hamer and Gyokeres, we have two fantastic players who can make the grade from day one. Other than that, there’ll be a massive rebuild on our hands.

I’d say Callum O’Hare has the potential to make it at that level, Sheaf too.

torchomatic

no_loyalty

I expect us to remain there for at least 34 years.

jim20

It’s going to be tough, Luton are a good team. I expected us to struggle this season after the transfer window was poor, and the bad start, so this is great. I hope we win, but feel we may not

LTFC2023

Thankfully, with Hamer and Gyokeres, we have two fantastic players who can make the grade from day one. Other than that, there’ll be a massive rebuild on our

I think a couple of quality loanees are vital when operating with a limit budget, but yeah, it does leave a big hole when they return to their parent clubs. Marvelous Nakamba (Villa) and Cody Drameh (Leeds) have been massive players for us this season, though Saturday will very likely be their last game for us, irrespective of result. We may stand a slim chance of keeping Marvelous if we went up, but Drameh is a promising youngster who I’d imagine Leeds will want back if they come down.

The other issue both sides may face is our players have given a very good account of themselves this season, which may see bigger payers sniffing around. I’d be very surprised if nobody comes in for Carlton Morris this summer, think we paid £2m for him, after a 20 goal season we’d probably find his current value difficult to turn down.

All issues for another day, should probably get next season’s division sorted first and worry about the staffing afterwards…

Brighton Sky Blue

I think a couple of quality loanees are vital when operating with a limit budget, but yeah, it does leave a big hole when they return to their parent clubs. Marvelous Nakamba (Villa) and Cody Drameh (Leeds) have been massive players for us this season, though Saturday will very likely be their last game for us, irrespective of result. We may stand a slim chance of keeping Marvelous if we went up, but Drameh is a promising youngster who I’d imagine Leeds will want back if they come down.

The other issue both sides may face is our players have given a very good account of themselves this season, which may see bigger payers sniffing around. I’d be very surprised if nobody comes in for Carlton Morris this summer, think we paid £2m for him, after a 20 goal season we’d probably find his current value difficult to turn down.

All issues for another day, should probably get next season’s division sorted first and worry about the staffing afterwards…

I’ve largely been avoiding opposition coverage but I was quite impressed by Edwards in this interview. Just seems mad that Watford sacked him so quickly.

Garlana86

Pessimism tells me that we will struggle with these, they're a big unit and won't be bullied or kicked about as much as Middlesbrough,they will also defend deep and we may struggle to unleash Vik. Looking at it positively, we haven't lost to them this season, we've been on a great run and have arguably the two best players between both teams playing for us.

Warwickhunt

Well getting up will go a long way for you to get a new stadium! However make sure somebody called Fisher is not on the board as you will be into old age before you see it LOL!

Brighton Sky Blue

Pessimism tells me that we will struggle with these, they're a big unit and won't be bullied or kicked about as much as Middlesbrough,they will also defend deep and we may struggle to unleash Vik. Looking at it positively, we haven't lost to them this season, we've been on a great run and have arguably the two best players between both teams playing for us.

Equally we know what their gameplan is and if you were in their shoes, you wouldn’t change a successful formula. The challenge for us is to use what we have to refute it.

Users who are viewing this thread