Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (2 Viewers)

Madpig

One of those sad days in my life when Morecambe died, same with Tommy Cooper and Ronnie Barker, never met them but they were all just a part of you tv life, irreplaceable.
Met Eric twice , once I was when I went to repair his telly , the other at the ground.
Cooper was a genius

The CableGuy

Gambling spooks me, especially when the participants in football have more money than sense. I know , I'm being a killjoy in not liking gambling , but it's an insidious addict , families are destroyed because it only surfaces when it's too late. At least you can see a piss-head falling about

You'd hope that the Premier League would be helping Toney, instead it looks like their making an example of him. Other players in his position won't seek help now in fear of being banned for months. Sad really.

Brighton Sky Blue

]
Gambling spooks me, especially when the participants in football have more money than sense. I know , I'm being a killjoy in not liking gambling , but it's an insidious addict , families are destroyed because it only surfaces when it's too late. At least you can see a piss-head falling about

You aren’t a killjoy, the parasites who happily took thousands off me in my early 20s didn’t offer any help or bans but got more aggressive in trying to get me to carry on. They’re still up to the same things even now and I still get called despite not having gambled in a decade.

Ivan Toney will be fine, many other young men won’t

Gynnsthetonic

It's madness that the minimum capacity for Premier league football is 5k but for Rugby Union 10k, denying well run clubs from entering because there ground is not big enough even though they are well run with the likes of Cov, Ealing, Jersey, Cornish Pirates etc
Why am I putting stuff on the wrong threads, my heads still fuzzy from last night I think

Madpig

]

You aren’t a killjoy, the parasites who happily took thousands off me in my early 20s didn’t offer any help or bans but got more aggressive in trying to get me to carry on. They’re still up to the same things even now and I still get called despite not having gambled in a decade.

Ivan Toney will be fine, many other young men won’t
I'm delighted you're staying strong. Other than ciggies 20 years ago , I've not been hooked on anything, but still now I'd love a cigar.
I applaud you though , bloody well done mate 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Madpig

You'd hope that the Premier League would be helping Toney, instead it looks like their making an example of him. Other players in his position won't seek help now in fear of being banned for months. Sad really.
Football is run like a chimps tea party. I cannot believe that all they want out of this is to inflict punishment. Maybe Toney is a greedy bastard , or a Jack the Lad , but equally he could be a young man not handling wealth properly

Brighton Sky Blue

Football is run like a chimps tea party. I cannot believe that all they want out of this is to inflict punishment. Maybe Toney is a greedy bastard , or a Jack the Lad , but equally he could be a young man not handling wealth properly

The timing of the ban they have given is I think an attempt to look harsh while actually banning him for less time.

bigfatronssba

Peterborough about to throw it away.

Robins’ safety first approach vindicated even more when you see something like that

bigfatronssba

And now Wednesday just scored an own goal to give Peterborough the lead again. Unbelievable stuff

Offhegoes

I would think by next Saturday Palmer will be back in contention (albeit lack of match fitness). It should give us something different on the bench, as I am sure Robins would rather not have to use McGuire & Walker.
Will be interesting to see how they set up for this one. Luton will not try and dominate the possession like Boro, but the box midfield worked well the other night.

robbiethemole

Hope DK hasn't given out any freebies to anyone remotely connected to Coventry City Councils leaders past and present.
I hope that fucking twat Maton won't be anywhere near Wembley, like he was last time!! Bastard nearly killed us off, so fuck him off and his nearly defunct Wasps project

Users who are viewing this thread