Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (8 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Haven't read through the whole thread, but presume Kirk Stephens has been mentioned?

Sky Blue Harry H

Off piste Luton story, but I went there once when we won 4-1 (iirc) mid 70s, the days of silk scarves, and pinching them from opposition fans, like badges of honour. My main memory of the game there was a very drunk, very angry Scottish City fan on the terracing by me, incensed that we had just sold Colin Stein (hope the timeline makes sense, otherwise my brain needs a visit to the doctor).

Astute

Mellow out everyone.

In dreamland here. Have never had a run of predicting results like this before. Even got our last 6 results correct. Last predictions were draw at home, win away and meet Luton in the final. Then beat Luton at Wembley 😁

We're evenly matched as teams. But what they don't have is Hamer and Gyokeres. Another Hamer special or Gyokeres with an overdue goal could be enough. Very satisfied with our defence and GK. Free scoring Middlesbrough only scored 1 in 4 games. Our last 3 games were 3 out of the 4. Luton are used to bullying teams. We're not the bullied type. Can also see plenty of cards on show. A sending off wouldn't be a surprise. Just hope it isn't us.

This is so surreal. Can't believe the position we're in when 6 years ago we were facing the abyss. And I truly believe we have enough to see off our last opponents.

Brighton Sky Blue

Mellow out everyone.

In dreamland here. Have never had a run of predicting results like this before. Even got our last 6 results correct. Last predictions were draw at home, win away and meet Luton in the final. Then beat Luton at Wembley 😁

We're evenly matched as teams. But what they don't have is Hamer and Gyokeres. Another Hamer special or Gyokeres with an overdue goal could be enough. Very satisfied with our defence and GK. Free scoring Middlesbrough only scored 1 in 4 games. Our last 3 games were 3 out of the 4. Luton are used to bullying teams. We're not the bullied type. Can also see plenty of cards on show. A sending off wouldn't be a surprise. Just hope it isn't us.

This is so surreal. Can't believe the position we're in when 6 years ago we were facing the abyss. And I truly believe we have enough to see off our last opponents.

VAR as well so the usual shithousing you can get away with in a league game will be caught out here.

Astute

VAR as well so the usual shithousing you can get away with in a league game will be caught out here.
Should give Gyokeres the advantage over the defenders who normally constantly foul him all game. Once they have a yellow they will have to let him run or risk another card.

Brighton Sky Blue

Should give Gyokeres the advantage over the defenders who normally constantly foul him all game. Once they have a yellow they will have to let him run or risk another card.

Plus Carlton Morris might have to avoid cheating on this occasion.

Brighton Sky Blue

My understanding of VAR is it’ll only check if he’s fouled for a penalty, not anything outside the penalty area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m talking about the fouls at set pieces you often see and which they would certainly try

PVA

My understanding of VAR is it’ll only check if he’s fouled for a penalty, not anything outside the penalty area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can check for a red card though I suppose if, for example, he was running through on goal and got pulled back by the last man. I think.

I absolutely despise VAR though

Madpig

Madpig

Wasnt Telfer at Luton?

This makes interesting reading, the 22/23 ' dirty table' You've had more points that Luton ☝️
It’s a bit hard to foul 11 brick shithouses
I know, but Sunderland , the Wearside Wailers, managed to accumulate 20 more disciplinary points that Luton, and yet they called us thugs😆😆😆

Brighton Sky Blue

This makes interesting reading, the 22/23 ' dirty table' You've had more points that Luton ☝️

I know, but Sunderland , the Wearside Wailers, managed to accumulate 20 more disciplinary points that Luton, and yet they called us thugs😆😆😆

Equally we racked up bookings at Middlesbrough for things which made little sense.

DannyThomas_1981

we just have to win , 90 minutes will have never influenced the future of our club so much
I agree Robinshio.

In terms of the importance of single games played - I see this as the biggest game in my lifetime.

Including Spurs away in 97 - the benefits now of returning to the Premier League are just so massive.

Users who are viewing this thread