Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (3 Viewers)

Robinshio

What, pointing out that league position after 46 games makes one team better than the other over a whole season?
so our performance over the last 57 years is better than theirs - currently our form is very similar taking away our disrupted start - but you were also telling us the same about middlesboro - and not sure why we bothered turning up

TomRad85

It will be the biggest game for me and obviously important for the club when you bear in mind the riches that come with it, but i also appreciate 50 years from now it will be pretty insignificant whereas the cup win is etched into the clubs and general sporting history.

Brighton Sky Blue

so our performance over the last 57 years is better than theirs - currently our form is very similar taking away our disrupted start - but you were also telling us the same about middlesboro - and not sure why we bothered turning up

If I thought we had no chance I wouldn’t have gone to Boro nor would I be going to Wembley…

Happy_Martian

Our younger supporters have had a great time. They are about to have their 3rd visit to Wembley in 6 years. That's more than the previous 134 years. We had to wait 50 years for a top 6 finish. Not only has the last 6 years given us a few top 6 finishes it has also given us a 1st 🏆

You can say fans in the last 6 years have had more to enjoy but for those of us watching in the 90s, we had the joy of Sonya singing live on the pitch at HR. Half the kids nowadays don't even know who she is :unsure: 🤪

She's aged a bit since then.... (pic from Sun article using BBC pics)

1684761812415.png

TomRad85

If I thought we had no chance I wouldn’t have gone to Boro nor would I be going to Wembley…
I've decided that i am almost certainly overconfident because it is 'just' Luton rather than any number of bigger/more glamorous sides. I know this is wrong but whatever the reason is i'm feeling this way i'll take it because i sure as shit haven't felt like that for the last 3 games vs Boro and it turned me into a nervous wreck.

i’m getting slightly concerned on how long the tickets are going to take to come, will they arrive by saturday? hoping so lol

Ccfcsj

i’m getting slightly concerned on how long the tickets are going to take to come, will they arrive by saturday? hoping so lol
No - you need to take your email confirmation to Wembley on Saturday, queue for at least 10 hours to collect the ticket from the single office window only for the turn style to refuse you entry because the ticket has been used by somebody else due to duplicates being sold

No - you need to take your email confirmation to Wembley on Saturday, queue for at least 10 hours to collect the ticket from the single office window only for the turn style to refuse you entry because the ticket has been used by somebody else due to duplicates being sold
ok thanks mate, i’ve never been before, i’ve heard you have to wear trousers otherwise you won’t get in, can you confirm if this is true or not. Thanks

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

BTW for the omen hunters, Spurs finished 3rd in the league in 87.

League Of Legends Ftw GIF by For The Win Esports

Robinshio

its when some fool posts his on facebook, only for somebody to take a screenshot and at the same time his seat

Ccfcsj

ok thanks mate, i’ve never been before, i’ve heard you have to wear trousers otherwise you won’t get in, can you confirm if this is true or not. Thanks
I can tell - men have to wear a short skirt and women baggy trousers. No football shirts allowed in case it offends somebody

clint van damme

Can't decide who'd win a missing the point competition between you and slowpoke, would be close.

bigfatronssba

What, pointing out that league position after 46 games makes one team better than the other over a whole season?

Luton have clearly been the better team over the 46 game season.

However I suppose the question is what relevance do games played last August have on ability now?

Grendel

Grendel

The 87 Cup final, Tottenham were favourites and man for man were the better side but when it's a one off game anything can happen.

A lot of people say that but we had some momentum

We had beaten them in the last game we played and they had lost 3 of the last 4 league games

Although they finished third the points margin between the clubs was only 8 points - we were only 3 points off 6th

My friend just won 2 tickets for the game including overnight accomodation. Bad timing as his wedding is on Saturday.
He’s looking for someone to take his place. It’s 3:30 at the registry office. Her name is Angela and she’ll be the one in the white dress
no shit, did conor gallagher get called up for the england squad?

Users who are viewing this thread