Match Thread Coventry City - Swansea City Match Thread - Friday 29th Dec (4 Viewers)

The Swan

Swansea fan in peace. The official parking outside the ground seems sold out.
is there private parking near the ground?
any advise appreciated. Cheers.

Gynnsthetonic

We haven't beat them home or away for 16 matches dating back to 1981, in fact we've only ever beaten Swansea City once

Covkid1968#

Spend £50 in tescos and park there. Think it’s still ok to do that

Great_Expectations

Don’t get the idea to move Wright away from the LW.

Don’t get the clamour to start Palmer on the LW.

I do fully get the thought process of giving Bidwell a rest, but I don’t think he will. I would suspect we see him come off earlier though.

Assuming no Kitching or Sheaf;

Collins
MVE Thomas Binks Bidwell
Eccles Lati
Sakamoto COH Wright
Simms

3-0, Simms with a brace and we see a rejuvenated player.

ccfc1234

And here we go again.

So he wasn't strong enough to have his back to the goal. I mentioned what he did a couple of games ago. Now it turns into not having the attributes to play alone up top. Well done.

I take it you either don't like him or you were one of the many who called him a waste of money and are now desperate to find out ways of backing up what you have said previously.
Its Christmas and I am not on here for arguments, Astute, but a couple of the points you make dont quite add up. Just because someone does something once it doesn't automatically indicate an ability to do something well consistently. I threw a 140 in darts once but since then I mainly get about 50. To use an overly simplistic CCFC example, Ben Wilson scored a header once should we sub him on if we're chasing a game? I am not saying Wright cant do those things, he has shown he occasionally can but vs a player who is proficient at holding the ball up and bringing others into play he is not that good with that skillset at the moment, but that is fine as all players will have things they excel at. Wrights skillset (to me at least) seems be most suited to running off the last mans shoulder using his pace but mainly being direct on the wing. With how we are playing he is making a great contributions being direct and if you notice vs Sunderalnd and Sheffield Wednesday was switched to play the loan forward role around the time perhaps the one player who can find him making those runs with an incisive pass came on, Palmer.
Price tag aside, Wright is showing far more promise with the way he is currently being used and I am simply questioning why change what is working well for him and the team?

Johhny Blue

Its Christmas and I am not on here for arguments, Astute, but a couple of the points you make dont quite add up. Just because someone does something once it doesn't automatically indicate an ability to do something well consistently. I threw a 140 in darts once but since then I mainly get about 50. To use an overly simplistic CCFC example, Ben Wilson scored a header once should we sub him on if we're chasing a game? I am not saying Wright cant do those things, he has shown he occasionally can but vs a player who is proficient at holding the ball up and bringing others into play he is not that good with that skillset at the moment, but that is fine as all players will have things they excel at. Wrights skillset (to me at least) seems be most suited to running off the last mans shoulder using his pace but mainly being direct on the wing. With how we are playing he is making a great contributions being direct and if you notice vs Sunderalnd and Sheffield Wednesday was switched to play the loan forward role around the time perhaps the one player who can find him making those runs with an incisive pass came on, Palmer.
Price tag aside, Wright is showing far more promise with the way he is currently being used and I am simply questioning why change what is working well for him and the team?
Ben Wilson scored a header?

Astute

A lot of words to cover what I didn't say. Would you like to show me where I have said he should be up front by himself with his back to the goal. You made it all up to cover what you have said. Stupid really.

Would you like me to point you towards where I have said about him playing well in his present position in the last 24 hours?

Covkid1968#

Thanks. Do you show a receipt somewhere?
Just keep the receipt… I’ve parked there numerous times and never once been fined or asked to show the receipt. But if you use a card rather than cash it shows on your bank statement it’s the Tesco retail park. Where you will get a fine is if you don’t park perfectly between the lines. They are def hot on that!!

Ashdown

Time to break this voodoo. Swansea are not firing on all cylinders and we are much improved. Never be a better time to topple that awful record.

SeaSeeEffCee

I can see O’Hare getting a rest in this one, although that could also be saved for Middlesbrough on NYD seeing as this is more ‘winnable’.

Will Kitching’s appeal have even been heard in time?

2-0 City.

Sky Blue Harry H

Still looks like being a decent sized crowd. Considering Swansea are likely to bring 1,000. I'm still expecting about 24,000.

Have a look at this mate:
About a 5/10 minute walk to the stadium, first come first served £8 a car.

DazzleTommyDazzle

There's very little left in the home blocks with probably blocks 5 & 13 (and maybe part of 26?) still to open. I'd be surprised if the crowd isn't 25,000 if Swansea are bringing 1,500.

steve101

I would not be dropping Bidwell for Da Silva. He will be desperate to play v former club and has been solid since coming in to the team. All of the back 4 are decent in the air. That changes if Da Silva comes in. I can only see him figure as a sub if we keep a back four.

Users who are viewing this thread