Match Thread Coventry City - Swansea City Match Thread - Friday 29th Dec (3 Viewers)

Philosorapter

Approaching about 80 points between us and them, getting into comfortable territory!
It's interesting territory at the moment. Could be three on the bounce. Not a bad thing!

shmmeee

We’re comfortably better than them and have a great home record, but it’s fucking Swansea and we never do well against them. 1-1 draw I reckon.

Hope Sheaf is available. Not too fussed if Binks has to come in for Kitching. Simms in for Godden.

Gint11

This is tougher than Sheff Wed because they appear to be a bogey team.

ccfc1234

Some odd suggestions to play Wright up top as the focal point of the attack. He massively underwhelmed in that role and has showed promise on the left and is finally looking confident. Unless people think he can play back to goal and hold the ball up (which seems his weakest attribute) where he is dangerous is running off the back of defenders shoulders, however, that seems perfectly suited to a switch of personal later in games when our most incisive passer Palmer comes on.
Simms while not doing much makes more sense and has played well doing a specific job at Leeds and just needs a goal to reward his improved work rate and contribution. After the 90 min rest he should start.

If there is a clamour for Palmer (who again is doing well and making significant game impact with cameos) to start it should be for Lati or Eccles or if he needs a rest (hope not) COH. We are building a strong winning mentality based on a somid foundation and tinkering and experimenting should wait for Oxford. We need to win 3 on the bounce to right the wrongs of games such as Rottherham away, to name one of a few.

Astute

Some odd suggestions to play Wright up top as the focal point of the attack. He massively underwhelmed in that role and has showed promise on the left and is finally looking confident. Unless people think he can play back to goal and hold the ball up (which seems his weakest attribute)
So you mean near the start of the season where he needed a run of games but Godden got as much game time as both Simms and Wright combined?

Do you remember the goal a couple of games ago where he had his back to goal and shielded the ball from the defenders?

wingy

Ellington,DeZeuw.the night Marcus Hall returned after his spell at Stoke,played Centre back extremely well and we succombed to a blinding goal by Ellengton but really equal game

DannyThomas_1981

Don't really buy into historic records against the oppo.

I think someone pointed out that we didn't have one starter from Wembley at the end of the game yesterday i.e. our team has 100% changed from the 27th May making historic records redundant.

It's far more about mentality, if the new system is working and confidence.

Saka hat-trick with 3 assists from HW - and immediate legend status for both!

Adge

Been a bit of a Bogey side for us recently-just hope it’s not going to be a case of after the Lord Mayors show. After our recent efforts I wouldn’t be too disappointed with a point but all 3 will be very very interesting going forward.

long way home

Binks for Kitching
Allen for COH

Lats and Eccles stay in

Sheaf, Kitching out the squad. Bench will have one of the young lads on it.

SkyblueTexan

They are a somewhat of a bogey team for us. Don't recall any wins over them recently. Led 3-0 last season only to be pegged back. Jamie Patterson seems to like scoring against us and is enjoying a purple patch at the moment. Jamal Lowe, Jeremy Yates (who I think scored against us last time out) and Ashley Grimes are other danger men. This will be a tough match and we have to be at our best to beat them. They will be looking to bounce back after the mauling by the Saints.

Covcraig@bury

Another one I am not attending because of my daughter.
she has told me we will win 4-1 , she like her mother are always right 👀🥳

shmmeee

Some odd suggestions to play Wright up top as the focal point of the attack. He massively underwhelmed in that role and has showed promise on the left and is finally looking confident. Unless people think he can play back to goal and hold the ball up (which seems his weakest attribute) where he is dangerous is running off the back of defenders shoulders, however, that seems perfectly suited to a switch of personal later in games when our most incisive passer Palmer comes on.
Simms while not doing much makes more sense and has played well doing a specific job at Leeds and just needs a goal to reward his improved work rate and contribution. After the 90 min rest he should start.

If there is a clamour for Palmer (who again is doing well and making significant game impact with cameos) to start it should be for Lati or Eccles or if he needs a rest (hope not) COH. We are building a strong winning mentality based on a somid foundation and tinkering and experimenting should wait for Oxford. We need to win 3 on the bounce to right the wrongs of games such as Rottherham away, to name one of a few.

I love Kasey Palmer but if he’s a defensive midfielder I’m the next winner of Love Island

blunted

Reading what MR said about Sheaf heading the ball, I would assume he will not play unless MR is using misdirection. Knowing the stubborn stupidity of football authorities, I worry about the Kitchen decision but hope to be pleasantly surprised. Against Sheff Wed, was the first time I have been worried about Godden's form. Looked lost against a poor side although one header nearly went in. I assume Simms will start. Think Swansea will double up on Saka which should leave space for O'Hare to do better than the last game.

ccfc1234

So you mean near the start of the season where he needed a run of games but Godden got as much game time as both Simms and Wright combined?

Do you remember the goal a couple of games ago where he had his back to goal and shielded the ball from the defenders?
Because he got his body in the way shielded the ball for a goal he has the attributes to play up front alone?
We're you at the game yesterday? While Wright was impressive first half in the second he did not hold the ball up when it went long to him on the left wing it was rapidly turned over and counter attacks were launched, it was simular at Sunderland in the first 20 mins after half time. He is vastly improved and can do some things our other forward cant but holding the ball up and critically bringing others into play is not something he currently does well. On that basis the calls to play him as the focal point for attacks to me equates to attacks not being as productive as they might be which in turn invites pressure, all against a team in Swansea who like to control possession and are harder than most to hit on the break.

ccfc1234

I love Kasey Palmer but if he’s a defensive midfielder I’m the next winner of Love Island
I was thinking of a small formation change if he replaces a deep lying midfielder. If you go on Love Island make it be known and I will watch and vote 🤩 💑

Astute

Because he got his body in the way shielded the ball for a goal he has the attributes to play up front alone?
And here we go again.

So he wasn't strong enough to have his back to the goal. I mentioned what he did a couple of games ago. Now it turns into not having the attributes to play alone up top. Well done.

I take it you either don't like him or you were one of the many who called him a waste of money and are now desperate to find out ways of backing up what you have said previously.

mmttww

Arnold Schwarzenegger Movie GIF

Users who are viewing this thread