Match Thread Coventry City - Swansea City Match Thread - Friday 29th Dec (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Swansea City match, tactics and predictions :)

DannyThomas_1981

JDS in for Bids - love to see a developing JDS, Wright partnership developing on the left.

Sheaf in for either Josh or Lats (either would be very unlucky to be left out though)

Kitching - red card overturned and he starts,

Palmer on earlier this time around (looks in form)

Simms in for Godden

SBAndy

Also would be tempted to start Dasilva. Bidwell been largely excellent since coming back in but last couple of matches I’ve seen (didn’t see Sunderland) he’s not quite been as effective. May need a break.

Simms back in. Godden just didn’t do anything yesterday.

Hopefully Kitching red overturned. If not, Binks in.

Midfield an interesting one. Not seen much of Swansea this year and don’t know whether they’re still a “pass you to death” type. If so, Eccles, Allen and O’Hare (assuming no Sheaf). Need to be able to break at speed.

no_loyalty

Swansea are a bit of a bogey team for us, and with them just coming off the back of a hammering at Southampton I think this will be a draw.

Sky Blue Pete

JDS in for Bids - love to see a developing JDS, Wright partnership developing on the left.

Sheaf in for either Josh or Lats (either would be very unlucky to be left out though)

Simms in for Godden
He opens doors but leaves us so open and doesn’t have positional sense

clint van damme

We're 3rd inthe 6 game form table, Swansea 12th, though form never seems to matter when we play them.

Terry_dactyl

Taking the Cardiff supporting Mrs T for this one. She’ll be cheering us on against “the Jack bastards” louder than most.

We’re bound to draw/lose. Should be a win though.

Gibbo

Simms in for Godden
Bids was surprisingly off yesterday, but he has been so good lately dropping would be harsh. I agree with the rest.

When Robins did it, I did wonder if a front three of Palmer, Wright and Sakamoto might be a quite tricksy for many Championship defences and worth another go

Brighton Sky Blue

Sheaf back in hopefully, Simms in for Godden and Binks in for Kitching. Maybe start Allen for O’Hare depending on fitness.

Astute

If we put in an appeal on time for the Kitching red card he should be able to play this game. I suppose it comes down to any evidence we have found. If he plays I expect a win. We would have too much for them. 2-0 or better. Without Kitching it would be a total guess on the side. Would still go for the win but not with confidence.

Terry_dactyl

Bids was surprisingly off yesterday, but he has been so good lately dropping would be harsh. I agree with the rest.

When Robins did it, I did wonder if a front three of Palmer, Wright and Sakamoto might be a quite tricksy for many Championship defences and worth another go
Bidwell has been great but like you say wasn’t at his best yesterday. Most worrying for me was that he looked quite slow when trying to get back in position. First time I’ve really noticed that.

wingy

Id revert to the Sunderland line up if possible.

Godden is woeful as the one upfront, time for him to be phased out like Mcfadzean has been.

I don't understand the clamour for JDS either, bidwell is solid and allows Wright to push on more.
Of course,be just about level's I think? Anyway get Burroughs back with the stature to actually play the role?

pusbccfc

Binks over Fadz for me. Left footed CB.

Astute

I like to read what the opposition supporters say about the game. Gives you a different viewpoint from the game. These days it is all about Sakamoto. The most common comments are he takes the piss out of their players, the difference between the two teams and he should be playing at a higher level. We're so lucky to have found a gem for not much of an outlay. Those who laugh at 'the little Japanese man' as he walks on the pitch soon change their mind.

If we don't get promoted this season or next I can't see us keeping him any longer.

Jamesimus

Sheaf in for Lati I hope. Lati did a decent enough job, but obviously not as good at playing the ball forwards.

Hopefully Kitchin can start.

Simms in for Godden.

Brighton Sky Blue

I like to read what the opposition supporters say about the game. Gives you a different viewpoint from the game. These days it is all about Sakamoto. The most common comments are he takes the piss out of their players, the difference between the two teams and he should be playing at a higher level. We're so lucky to have found a gem for not much of an outlay. Those who laugh at 'the little Japanese man' as he walks on the pitch soon change their mind.

If we don't get promoted this season or next I can't see us keeping him any longer.
He’ll need to maintain his form for a while yet to get that level of interest but he has already got double Simms’ goal tally and is only getting better.

Skybluedownunder

Binks over Fadz for me. Left footed CB.

Binks over Fadz for me too but part of me thinks Lati wouldn’t wanna miss this one against his old club and would be right up for it.

He played LCB most games before we signed Kitching and then decided to start playing Binks all of a sudden lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Binks over Fadz for me too but part of me thinks Lati wouldn’t wanna miss this one against his old club and would be right up for it.

He played LCB most games before we signed Kitching and then decided to start playing Binks all of a sudden lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can he play in a two?

skyblue_55

Wow , we’re talking about class changes in our team , instead of worrying about their drop in quality & a definite struggle/defeat .
We’ve come a long way , in a short time & Swansea won’t be looking forward to meeting whatever team Robins puts out
3-0 city
PUSB

procdoc

Think rotation is key with the games coming thick and fast. I’m not a fan of Dasilva but I would bring him in for Bidwell so that he’s fully fit for Middlesbrough away. Assuming we lose the appeal on Kitching’s red card I’d go with
Collins
MVE Thomas Binks Dasilva
Lati Sheaf
Sakamoto O’Hare Palmer
Wright

let’s see what Palmer can do from the start in a wider position.

Philosorapter

Attachments

• 27.12.2023(4).gif
    27.12.2023(4).gif
    31.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 27.12.2023(3).png
    27.12.2023(3).png
    123.1 KB · Views: 27

Users who are viewing this thread