Coventry City Supporters Forum - Zoom meeting 3/12 5pm (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Coventry City Supporters Forum

Zoom Call – 3rd December 2020 @ 5.00pm

Notes

1. Welcome – Including meeting protocols CH

Colin Henderson - CH(Coventry City London Supporters Club), Ray Stephens - RS(Diamond Club), Simon Champion - SC (Leamington & Warwick Supporters club), Chris Holliday - CH (Southam Supporters Club), Pete Griffiths - PG (Sky Blues Talk forum – Notetaker), Dave Boddy - DB, Mark Hornby - MH, Tynan Scope - TS (CCFC), Kevin Greenfield - KG (Disabled Supporters), Dave Eyles – DE (Sky Blues Trust), Dave Buust - DBU (SBITC)

CH – Advised PG taking the minutes – All were happy for CH to record the zoom to help PG record what was said accurately.
CH – Asked people to raise their hand to ask a question

2. Apologies for Absence CH

Jim Brown (Former players association), Pat Raybould(Family Zone), Colin Power (Welsh supporters), Mike Garlick (Corporate Supporters), Steve Harding (Bedworth and Nuneaton Supporters)

3. Dave Boddy up-date (inc feedback on questions received in advance of the meeting)

Notes recorded on separate sheet for questions raised with DB before meeting. This included a preview of the shirt for those who took out a membership this season. All agreed it looked really good.

4. Deputy Chairman – Nomination process & Timetable. CH

CH – Explained that the idea was that we would have a deputy chairman and that we wouldn’t change the chair and deputy in the same year. CH will look to set the timetable and suggest a process of how this will work for the deputy in time for the next meeting - AP1 – Add this to the next agenda

5. Family Zone CH

CH gave a report from PR who thinks it will be a long time before the family zone is back up and running. She has been working hard on line and social media to keep youngsters engaged with the club. She wanted the notes to reflect her thanks to MH and Dom Hyam for their support of a soon to be held raffle for offering prizes to include.

No Christmas party will be happening this season. MH advised that he is in regular contact with PR and he doesn’t think there will be a family zone at any games this season, but both are looking to ensure everything is back up and running for the 21-22 sesason.

6. AOB

DE – Trust have been contacted by AFC Bury who arecompleting a documentary of the effect of Covid on people’s mental health. DE has forwarded email to CCFC. DBU is happy to take part in any capacity and talk about his curtailing of his career through injury. DB is happy to have a discussion with AFC Bury to understand what they envisage him adding about the club playing away from Coventry.

DB – Advised that the Supporters representation to the Safety Advisory Group should come from this supporter’s forum rather than from just the Sky Blues Trust as has been happening with Frank Smith being in attendance. DE explained FS background in safety and would want to nominate him from this forum.

AP2 – We need to agree who will attend the SAG from this forum

7. Date of next meeting (Zoom call)

CH suggested a couple of dates for the next call, all agreed to the 7th January 2021.

Action points

AP1 – CH will include nomination for deputy chair and process for elections for the post and the post of chair on the next meeting agenda

AP2 – Supporters forum to decide who will represent us on the SAG

Grendel

Hopefully a planning application in 2021...

Sky Blue Pete

Hopefully a planning application in 2021...
Yep it’s what was said which in the context of Mark’s comment about not making empty promises is either bizarre, interesting or something we can hold him to and should hold him to.
You do want him to help the club succeed don’t you?

Grendel

Yep it’s what was said which in the context of Mark’s comment about not making empty promises is either bizarre, interesting or something we can hold him to and should hold him to.
You do want him to help the club succeed don’t you?

sorry I don’t understand - who is “him”?

clint van damme

So all should be forgiven then because it wasn't in the last few months?
The "scabs" interview deliberately designed to divide the fanbase was only earlier this year.

If you only want to talk about the here & now are you telling me Dave Eyles wasn't directly involved in co-opting Lionel Bird on to the board of the Trust? On what grounds should somebody of his character be representing Coventry City fans?

As chair of the Trust is he not responsible for ensuring they follow their constitution either?
They don't file accounts on time & take well over a year to post meeting minutes for example.

As they continually claim to represent over 3000 fans & are the go to for the press it's robbing CCFC fans of a meaningful voice.
They're a joke organisation & our fans deserve better.

I'd send you a link but their website doesn't even work...

what scabs interview? Did Dave call people scabs?

chiefdave

12. RS asked about money from I-follow – DB confirmed that CCFC get the money when i-follow is accessed through the CCFC portal for home and away games. MH clarified that it was easy to attach a laptop via a HDMI cable to a TV to watch the game. RS stated that this is not possible through an ipad.
13. DE fed back on his I-follow experience explaining that the Red Button commentary and opposition commentary leaves a lot to be desired. MH clarified that you can click on the settings button in the bottom right of the screen and select CCFC commentary for every i-follow game home or away.
Not sure how much say the clubs get but I wonder if Boddy realises how difficult access to ifollow is for some. I have subscriptions for other sports that the same company who produce the ifollow feeds produce and its a lot easy as things aren't blocked. There's apps for every device possible, including smart TVs, and no restrictions on casting to your tv or hooking up your phone / tablet to the TV.

You'd assume ifollow runs on the same infrastructure given its through the same company, they aren't going to build it from the ground up for each sport / league. So where people are finding things blocked is that due to an instruction from the EFL? Not sure its doing much to stop piracy if thats their aim and on the flip side how many people give up?

I'm happy to mess around connecting my laptop to my TV and using multiple browsers until I find one that will work this week but not everyone will. Potentially a significant chunk of money they're losing every game.

Sky Blue Pete

Not sure how much say the clubs get but I wonder if Boddy realises how difficult access to ifollow is for some. I have subscriptions for other sports that the same company who produce the ifollow feeds produce and its a lot easy as things aren't blocked. There's apps for every device possible, including smart TVs, and no restrictions on casting to your tv or hooking up your phone / tablet to the TV.

You'd assume ifollow runs on the same infrastructure given its through the same company, they aren't going to build it from the ground up for each sport / league. So where people are finding things blocked is that due to an instruction from the EFL? Not sure its doing much to stop piracy if thats their aim and on the flip side how many people give up?

I'm happy to mess around connecting my laptop to my TV and using multiple browsers until I find one that will work this week but not everyone will. Potentially a significant chunk of money they're losing every game.
Can you send me some details and I’ll get on to Mark and Tynan Scope to see if they do have any meaningful input

Grendel

Ok thanks for clarifying. What’s he doing if not helping the club? Doing the bidding of Sisu his employer?

What would you have your chief executive do?

well yes he’s being paid to deliver a message

Does Boddy attend board meetings and has input to strategic overview? I doubt it

he’s chief executive of a business that refuses to play in Coventry and has no plan to come back. How’s that helping us?

Sky Blue Pete

well yes he’s being paid to deliver a message

Does Boddy attend board meetings and has input to strategic overview? I doubt it

he’s chief executive of a business that refuses to play in Coventry and has no plan to come back. How’s that helping us?
You may disagree with the two plans we have to come back but I think it churlish to say we have none

plan one is discussion with wasps to play at ricoh. Seemingly Db playing major role in these discussions and they are progressing well

plan two is to work with a renowned local organisation that has land to spare, make a partnership and build a stadium.

What other ideas do you have?

clint van damme

No, he claimed that those that go to St Andrews are called scabs by those who don't, despite nobody else having heard of it.

I remember reading that. I 've always known Dave to be an honest fella to be fair and someone said it to me though in jest I think they were only half joking.

Grendel

You may disagree with the two plans we have to come back but I think it churlish to say we have none

plan one is discussion with wasps to play at ricoh. Seemingly Db playing major role in these discussions and they are progressing well

plan two is to work with a renowned local organisation that has land to spare, make a partnership and build a stadium.

What other ideas do you have?

Well I’m pretty certain the deal with wasps was agreed and Seppalla turned it down at the last minute

My idea is for all organisations at the meeting to issue mr Boddy a timeline and if that fails to deliver issue a vote if no confidence in Sisu. Seppalla is up there with trump in terms of idiocy lies vanity and obstinate behaviour. She’s a pretty limited individual and erratic and self obsessed. The club means nothing to her and it’s time to tell her her her act together or ship out

Sky Blue Pete

Well I’m pretty certain the deal with wasps was agreed and Seppalla turned it down at the last minute

My idea is for all organisations at the meeting to issue mr Boddy a timeline and if that fails to deliver issue a vote if no confidence in Sisu. Seppalla is up there with trump in terms of idiocy lies vanity and obstinate behaviour. She’s a pretty limited individual and erratic and self obsessed. The club means nothing to her and it’s time to tell her her her act together or ship out
Wowzers. I genuinely think you have a minority opinion there. Do others agree with Grendel on here or am I right that it’s a perfectly legitimate opinion to have but it’s a minority one

Grendel

Wowzers. I genuinely think you have a minority opinion there. Do others agree with Grendel on here or am I right that it’s a perfectly legitimate opinion to have but it’s a minority one

Well I’m 99% certain the first statement is correct

Adge

His opinion is more than valid. It’s ok having Zoom calls here and there and including “the fans” which is just a PR excercise that some may buy. Do you actually believe that any suggestions put forward are taken on board regarding decisions? As if a hedge fund who have invested millions take an interest in what fans have to say.

Sky Blue Pete

His opinion is more than valid. It’s ok having Zoom calls here and there and including “the fans” which is just a PR excercise that some may buy. Do you actually believe that any suggestions put forward are taken on board regarding decisions? As if a hedge fund who have invested millions take an interest in what fans have to say.
I know that items myself and Mark have put to various individuals at ccc and ccfc and wasps have been listened to, taken on board and acted upon and changed actions and thoughts. What do you think the season ticket initiative was about if not true fan involvement leading to significant change? Mmj and others but mainly him for one significant example

Sky Blue Pete

And how can an opinion be more than valid. I wasn’t being sarcastic I was genuinely asking if others on this board feel as Grendel does that dave boddy is doing nothing or even has a plan for getting us back to Coventry and we should serve notice from this board and forum

Adge

I know that items myself and Mark have put to various individuals at ccc and ccfc and wasps have been listened to, taken on board and acted upon and changed actions and thoughts. What do you think the season ticket initiative was about if not true fan involvement leading to significant change? Mmj and others but mainly him for one significant example
One of the easiest things to do as a club to appease a few, give away some season tickets. Well done to all who got this going by the way.
Again it’s relatively good PR but the point still stands-do you think that a multi-million pound investment company take on board what you, I or Tom Dick and Harry say?

Sky Blue Pete

One of the easiest things to do as a club to appease a few, give away some season tickets. Well done to all who got this going by the way.
Again it’s relatively good PR but the point still stands-do you think that a multi-million pound investment company take on board what you, I or Tom Dick and Harry say?
Any company that doesn’t listen to its customers goes nowhere. The players are the main reason for the improved relationship but I think it’s unfair to give zero credit to others at the club

The problem for you and Grendel and others is being pissed off and expecting to be let down worked for 10-15 years but over the last 3-4 it’s become a bit harder to claim everything is shit as it’s not

Course we all know we should be playing in coventry everyone agrees

capel & collindridge

Pete, when you wrote in your notes:
DB – The planning application is being worked on but it’s not a straightforward process. Travel plans need to be incorporated, for example A46 link road and light rail solution.
Lots of work going on and meetings taking place daily.

Are you saying these "meetings taking place daily" involve CCFC/SISU representatives (either/or) or simply that daily meetings take place about the development of the UoW site that will affect the development of the new stadium in some way or other?

Sky Blue Pete

Pete, when you wrote in your notes:
DB – The planning application is being worked on but it’s not a straightforward process. Travel plans need to be incorporated, for example A46 link road and light rail solution.
Lots of work going on and meetings taking place daily.

Are you saying these "meetings taking place daily" involve CCFC/SISU representatives (either/or) or simply that daily meetings take place about the development of the UoW site that will affect the development of the new stadium in some way or other?
I just recorded what was said and it surprised me. For me ongoing conversations like this are the way to represent supporters opinions and standpoints. You build respect and a sense of togetherness. We are meeting again on the 7th jan. I certainly intend to ask if daily was correct and what sort of meetings these were

Grendel

Any company that doesn’t listen to its customers goes nowhere. The players are the main reason for the improved relationship but I think it’s unfair to give zero credit to others at the club

The problem for you and Grendel and others is being pissed off and expecting to be let down worked for 10-15 years but over the last 3-4 it’s become a bit harder to claim everything is shit as it’s not

Course we all know we should be playing in coventry everyone agrees

You are trying to look at the owners from a purely from results

It’s nothing to do with results. A strategy has been created a part of which is to keep the club out the city.

In a normal season this would actually lose significant revenue. There is no indications that this will change. The strategy works against supporters - Boddy has zero input into this and whatever his apparent thoughts will communicate the owners message to groups like this

How long is reasonable to stay in exile?

Sky Blue Pete

You are trying to look at the owners from a purely from results

It’s nothing to do with results. A strategy has been created a part of which is to keep the club out the city.

I’m not making it about results but they help of course. It’s about robins and consistency and a settled senior leadership team at the club

You’re pretending everyone bar you and a few others are blind to obvious stuff

In a normal season this would actually lose significant revenue. There is no indications that this will change. The strategy works against supporters - Boddy has zero input into this and whatever his apparent thoughts will communicate the owners message to groups like this

How long is reasonable to stay in exile?
Hope you’re ok from the personal issues you referred to yesterday.

No time is reasonable to stay in exile.

It’s only you making it about just results. There is much more positive than just results

Adge

Hope you’re ok from the personal issues you referred to yesterday.

No time is reasonable to stay in exile.

It’s only you making it about just results. There is much more positive than just results
Are there? Such as?

Grendel

Consistent progress each transfer window
Stability at manager
Stability at ceo
Stability at recruitment
Recruitment itself

To name a few

Which again is purely down to results. Transfers have been assisted by player sales which fund the club.

Could have said the same when we were at the top under Mowbray and Waggott was in charge

Adge

Consistent progress each transfer window
Stability at manager
Stability at ceo
Stability at recruitment
Recruitment itself

To name a few
Which goes hand in hand with results doesn’t it? Especially stability at manager?

Sky Blue Pete

Which again is purely down to results. Transfers have been assisted by player sales which fund the club.

Could have said the same when we were at the top under Mowbray and Waggott was in charge
Only 18 months though wasn’t it but we were in coventry

Sky Blue Pete

Which goes hand in hand with results doesn’t it? Especially stability at manager?
Ok if when you said results you meant everything else then ok.

You are desperate for things to be shit, you must really hate when things go well.

I’m assuming your perfect scenario would be back at Ricoh without sisu?

Users who are viewing this thread