Coventry City Supporters Forum - Zoom meeting 3/12 5pm (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Hi guys

Supporters forum meeting on 3rd December

Any agenda items? Need them by Saturday 28th November 5pm

I’ll be attending as representative of this forum

cheers

shmmeee

This is just match day stuff right?

Seems a little redundant right now.

If wider than that:

- What’s the plan? Clearly we can’t compete, what’s the plan to change that? Or are we hoping for miracles every season? Should fans reset expectations to a L1 club as that’s all we can sustain? Will a new stadium make us competitive? How so? What will we do while we wait half a decade for it to appear?

chiefdave

What’s the plan? Clearly we can’t compete, what’s the plan to change that? Or are we hoping for miracles every season? Should fans reset expectations to a L1 club as that’s all we can sustain? Will a new stadium make us competitive? How so? What will we do while we wait half a decade for it to appear?
This. Fisher says the finances work in L1/L2 but not the Championship. We all know our budget is tiny compared to pretty much everyone else in this division so what's the solution? Having our own stadium, even if by some miracle someone built it and donated it to the club at not cost, isn't going to give us tens of millions to add to the wage budget. So is the plan we, at best, yo-yo between the Championship and L1?

Some sort of timescale on substantial news for the new stadium would be nice. Assuming what Warwick Uni have said is correct and nothing is happening until the details of the link road are finalised by WDC once we have that hope quickly will we know the location, have plans, go out to local consultation etc.

SlowerThanPlatt

I have thought being a yo yo club would be a result for the owners as they wouldn’t need to and are not able to fund a competitive Championship side

Brighton Sky Blue

I have thought being a yo yo club would be a result for the owners as they wouldn’t need to and are not able to fund a competitive Championship side

They could alternatively just finally get the club off their hands once the final avenue to busting the Ricoh is closed off

bawtryneal

Why don`t we have somebody who can take a long throw in ?

How has Fishers dog been doing during lockdown ?

Bugsy

Anything else before Saturday?

a Joy Seppala signed handbag for the wife if poss :LOL:
serious for me would be about the development of the new ground how far are they into it......PUSB

edgy

What would Wasps have to offer you for you to reconsider your position on the new ground.

Bugsy

would you rather rape an owl or punch it...... :ROFLMAO:

shmmeee

Why is that either / or?

giphy.gif

shmmeee

Bit of a random one and don’t know how people would feel, but:

Several ST holders have said on here that even if crowds were allowed back in, they’d want to stay at home, either for health reasons or because it’s “not the same”.

Is this a worry for the club in terms of atmosphere/impact for the players and if so have they considered a way of allowing ST holders to allow others to go game by game or for a given period as I assume contact tracing will be required which will make just lending your ticket out harder if not impossible.

Bugsy

Why is that either / or?

because in some situations everyone deserves a choice, i would personally punch fuck out of it wouldn't stick my cock in it
:LOL:

Sky Blue Pete

Ok sent suggestions to Coljn

I’ll confirm agenda on here once he confirms it

I’m taking the minutes so my contributions will be very wise and challenging

Sky Blue Pete

Ok sent suggestions to Coljn

I’ll confirm agenda on here once he confirms it

I’m taking the minutes so my contributions will be very wise and challenging
Suggestions of agenda from on this thread

Competing in the championship
New stadium - how will this help? Is there a draft timeline, aim for completion? PR - how is this going?
January transfer window plans - is there investment?
Any update on the Ricoh discussions?
Any update on the Eu appeal?
Covid - fans back at games - plans? Expectations?

SBAndy

How does a business that makes ongoing operational losses plan to fund the construction of a new stadium? How will this then remain financially feasible?

Grendel

How does a business that makes ongoing operational losses plan to fund the construction of a new stadium? How will this then remain financially feasible?

Indeed - other then some waffle around the survival in the championship question the rest of the questions will be just dodged

It doesn’t really matter on stadium progress it’s the thinking around it that makes this the most viable option available. Logically crowd revenue can’t be higher as the planned capacity is a lot less. Any extra revenue is again going to be relatively small.

Costs can be argued but if it’s £40 or £60 million that level of funding has to have already been explored if it’s a serious project. I doubt it has.

Users who are viewing this thread