Coventry City Supporters Forum - Zoom meeting 3/12 5pm (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Ok if when you said results you meant everything else then ok.

You are desperate for things to be shit, you must really hate when things go well.

I’m assuming your perfect scenario would be back at Ricoh without sisu?

Thats a bit unfair. I guess the real question is would you prefer these owners and the current strategy or they go and we return to Coventry

Grendel

What even is the current strategy? Sit and wait for Wasps to go pop?

I assume it’s some half arsed plan to tough it out, keep fans and the EFL on board and see what happens

I’d guess the new valuation of the Ricoh will be down to sub £50 million which given the bond timing is not great

If Joy Tim and Big Dave have the deep pockets they claim why not try and but wasps holdings shares and retain wasps RFC as tenants?

The road and rail infrastructure is in place, it has a bigger revenue opportunity and hotel and leisure complexes. Before Covid the non rugby side of the business was breaking even so I’m sure with Joys amazing business brain her investors are leading her down this route

Brighton Sky Blue

I assume it’s some half arsed plan to tough it out, keep fans and the EFL on board and see what happens

I’d guess the new valuation of the Ricoh will be down to sub £50 million which given the bond timing is not great

If Joy Tim and Big Dave have the deep pockets they claim why not try and but wasps holdings shares and retain wasps RFC as tenants?

The road and rail infrastructure is in place, it has a bigger revenue opportunity and hotel and leisure complexes. Before Covid the non rugby side of the business was breaking even so I’m sure with Joys amazing business brain her investors are leading her down this route

I’d love to know what her exit strategy is but based on the last 13 years my guess is none exists.

Grendel

I doubt there isn't an exit strategy. I imagine it's changed a few times over the years though.

I doubt it’s changed hence why the finances are structured the way that they are

Adge

Yep-this.

Brighton Sky Blue

I doubt there isn't an exit strategy. I imagine it's changed a few times over the years though.

Well we know initially it was get promoted quickly and sell at a profit. Then it seemed to be bust ACL to get the Ricoh cheap and then sell the combined package at a profit. As it is we have busted many of our players' ACLs but not the one that matters.

Adge

Ok if when you said results you meant everything else then ok.

You are desperate for things to be shit, you must really hate when things go well.

I’m assuming your perfect scenario would be back at Ricoh without sisu?
Oh dear oh dear! Pathetic.

Sky Blue Pete

Oh dear oh dear! Pathetic.
Tell me then. What do you want?

You said can’t use results
You said can’t use consistent recruitment
You said can’t use settled management set up

So for you the last 2 promotions and competitive start to life in the championship mean nothing because Sisu are still the owners and we have no plan to return to coventry even though talks are ongoing

Ok

Yeah right pathetic is the right word

Sky Blue Pete

It wouldn’t matter you’ve decided what the overall plan is and no one can tell you anything to make you changed your mind

Whether that’s a proposed new stadium or talks to come back to the Ricoh

You’ve decided they still want the Ricoh cheap so that’s the plan and nothing will change your minds. Well ok

Brighton Sky Blue

It wouldn’t matter you’ve decided what the overall plan is and no one can tell you anything to make you changed your mind

Whether that’s a proposed new stadium or talks to come back to the Ricoh

You’ve decided they still want the Ricoh cheap so that’s the plan and nothing will change your minds. Well ok

To be fair a judge reached the same conclusion.

Adge

Tell me then. What do you want?

You said can’t use results
You said can’t use consistent recruitment
You said can’t use settled management set up

So for you the last 2 promotions and competitive start to life in the championship mean nothing because Sisu are still the owners and we have no plan to return to coventry even though talks are ongoing

Ok

Yeah right pathetic is the right word
:rolleyes:

Irish Sky Blue

From what you and Mark have said on here, it would seem that you both think a return to the Ricoh is likely. What makes you both optimistic?
For me, the only reason the stadium issue is not bigger with the fan base is the fact that we can't attend anyway. St Andrews was only acceptable last season as we were doing so well (plus people's recognition of Wasps and CCCs part in this mess) and were able to maintain an average of about 6k attendance. If things start to go wrong on the pitch, the dissatisfaction with playing in Birmingham is likely to manifest itself in supporter unrest, but more importantly in a drop in attendance. We need to be back in Coventry. Because of Sisu's past record they are still (quite rightly) mistrusted by many of us.

Irish Sky Blue

Well I’m pretty certain the deal with wasps was agreed and Seppalla turned it down at the last minute

My idea is for all organisations at the meeting to issue mr Boddy a timeline and if that fails to deliver issue a vote if no confidence in Sisu. Seppalla is up there with trump in terms of idiocy lies vanity and obstinate behaviour. She’s a pretty limited individual and erratic and self obsessed. The club means nothing to her and it’s time to tell her her her act together or ship out
Was it a reliable source for the Seppala info?

Users who are viewing this thread