Match Thread Coventry City - Sunderland Match Thread - Saturday 26th Aug (3 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

O’Hare will make all the difference to the team. It’ll be him driving us on that will create the better chances.

we’ll come good

skyblu3sk

Well Sunderland came for a draw and that's what they got. None of the strikers covered themselves in glory today. Great performances by latibeaudiere, dasilva, Fadz and Palmer.

Tommo1993

Think Sunderland just about edged it in the slightest of slights. Can only remember both keepers being worried once.

steve101

Ayari did fine but I would have thought Sakamota may have been the better option, given he would have been more up to speed.

SkyblueTexan

Ayari has to start and maybe we go 1 up top next time. Our midfield was exposed at times today and Sunderland could have potentially won today if not for some last ditch defending. Still not fluid enough.

I thought overall we were just about the better side but looked to be lacking cutting edge up front. Point probably fair enough in the end as we didn't really have an gilt edge game winning chances. Thought Eccles was excellent, sheaf had a great game as did mcfadz, thomas and da silva at the back. Palmer with some sublime passes and general play.
I'd like van ewjik to take on players more and get balls into box. Think we do 2 or 3 additions to really challenge at the tail end of season. Hopefully get a few in before Watford game.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

O’Hare will make all the difference to the team. It’ll be him driving us on that will create the better chances.

we’ll come good

We need end product, that's something he's never been good at.

We seem to have a pretty solid foundation but I am still not sure about this formation. The wing backs, even though they seemed to stop going forward in the second half so much, still didn't create many clear cut chances despite having the ball a lot. Sheaf and Eccles aren't really going to create and score either. I think Godden and Wright will work, but if we want to score more goals I think we need to address the midfield. Ayari offers a bit of hope, he came on and looked like he had something about him.

Still, not as bad today as I think some are making out. Frustrating yes, but there are things to build on. I thought the defence were excellent.

Fysnkysc

Simms man, only 3 games in i know but fuck me he does nothing on or off the ball, think id of rather had a young nippy bastard on loan than him atm.

Fysnkysc

We need end product, that's something he's never been good at.

We seem to have a pretty solid foundation but I am still not sure about this formation. The wing backs, even though they seemed to stop going forward in the second half so much, still didn't create many clear cut chances despite having the ball a lot. Sheaf and Eccles aren't really going to create and score either. I think Godden and Wright will work, but if we want to score more goals I think we need to address the midfield. Ayari offers a bit of hope, he came on and looked like he had something about him.

Still, not as bad today as I think some are making out. Frustrating yes, but there are things to build on. I thought the defence were excellent.
I think we have the end product we just don't create clear enough chances, clearest chance today was the deflection into godden, and the wright 1v1

Users who are viewing this thread