Match Thread Coventry City - Stoke City Match Thread - Saturday 11th Nov (1 Viewer)

Great_Expectations

Why would he have been looking for a left sided wide forward if not to have the option to play like this?

Was he? Genuine question.

Other signings don’t scream 4-3-3 to me, centre back is a casing point; five first team CB’s for two positions, three of which we paid money for.

Moot point anyway; I’m personally not opposed to the formation. Right now we need something different. Equally I don’t feel we’ve effectively used the 3-5-2 variation due to negative tactics, injuries, under confident players and individual errors.

shmmeee

Was he? Genuine question.

Other signings don’t scream 4-3-3 to me, centre back is a casing point; five first team CB’s for two positions, three of which we paid money for.

Moot point anyway; I’m personally not opposed to the formation. Right now we need something different. Equally I don’t feel we’ve effectively used the 3-5-2 variation due to negative tactics, injuries, under confident players and individual errors.

Yeah he was on about it during the transfer window. I mean he wants three at the back as well but this idea a formation change is come mental idea we aren’t prepared for is ludicrous. We have the players for other formations a.

SBT

Yeah he was on about it during the transfer window. I mean he wants three at the back as well but this idea a formation change is come mental idea we aren’t prepared for is ludicrous. We have the players for other formations a.
Don’t remember that, got a link?

covcity4life

Think 0-0 and we end losing streak.

Maybe a win though if we play 433 and it clicks. Or just normal formation clicks of course

Either way I think losing streak comes to an end

steve101

Hopefully the illness struck early so those that are unaffected will have had time to prepare.
If Wilson isn't starting due to illness rather than form, it will be interesting to see if Moore is on the bench or one of the youngsters. If so, he may have not played his last game for us, depending on circumstances.

Blind-Faith

Just not the same feeling this season is there going up the cbs??? Really wish I’d savoured last season a little bit more.

We need a clean sheet today, stop conceding every game. If we get a 1-0 I’d be delighted

SkyBlueSoul

All logic says we lose this one but I'm going to employ blind optimism, no-one saw them putting 4 past us last season. Illness throws a spanner but this could be the game we use a system that kick starts the season.

Can't make it today, hopefully miss a belting game. 2-1 City.

Great_Expectations

i've heard this as well

Brad Collins

Lati Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Sheaf Allen Eccles
Ellis Godden Wright

It is 2nd hand info though

Caveat that we don’t know who is ill, but if we are going with the 4-3-3 option, we’ve somehow still found a way to not fully let the hand break off.

While he hasn’t been the signing we expected so far, I’d prefer MVE over Lati at RB and if Sakamoto can’t even get a start in this formation he’s definitely not favoured.

Plus side; Sakamoto and COH against tiring legs is a good option to implement.

baldy

Yeah but the point is Wilson is still dropping pretty big clangers. Almost every week, luckily for him they’re not all directly resulting in goals.

I’m not calling for Wilson to be dropped btw. Don’t really know what to do.

Part of me thinks the season Wilson had last season was a one-off tbh - I’ve never been fully convinced by him

SBT

Slightly concerned if there’s illness in the camp that we’re not going to have the match fitness to press today in the way the 433 requires.

Sick Boy

Well quite, Wilson looks poor, Moore looked like an outfield player having a crack in goal.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Both of them are poor ‘keepers. It’s a position that’d I’d have liked to see us invest a bit of cash in to have a reliable #1 for the foreseeable future.

Sick Boy

Exaggeration, Moore was perfectly fine for an entire season before he lost form.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I think it shows why he's never been a regular number one throughout his career to be honest. To be fair it's probably more of a mental thing rather than ability.

Nick

Administrator
I think it shows why he's never been a regular number one throughout his career to be honest. To be fair it's probably more of a mental thing rather than ability.
Neither has Wilson though.

Not sure what happened with Moore but he's now going to be sat about on a decent wage, not even playing for the reserves.

Users who are viewing this thread