Match Thread Coventry City - Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread - Tuesday 26th Dec (1 Viewer)

Nuskyblue

Not going to argue. The video is above and others can argue about unchangeable things. I can't see whether Kitching headbutted the SW player or not so won't go into that.

The initial jostling and reaction was behind the ref's back so unless the Lino saw anything, this will not be overturned.
I'm guessing the assistant ref has given it cause based on the video the ref hasn't seem what went on otherwise he'd have been there sooner. His reactions to the events seems that he's seen fuck all tbh.

Fysnkysc

Not going to argue. The video is above and others can argue about unchangeable things. I can't see whether Kitching headbutted the SW player or not so won't go into that.

The initial jostling and reaction was behind the ref's back so unless the Lino saw anything, this will not be overturned.
What has the red seeing it or not got to do with it being overturned?
It will be overturned on video evidence.

skybluegod

Come on no need to be rude. The referee is in control of the match, it’s something like law 5 or 6 of the FAs laws.

If you read it they control the match. They don't control the players actions. It isn't the the referees job to get in the middle of a fight/scuffle/bust up. Feel free to do the course, but it a thing taught consistently in my experience to not get in the middle of it. Get as many angles on it as possible between the officials and let the players break it up. He could have used his whistle perhaps.

jim20

If you read it they control the match. They don't control the players actions. It isn't the the referees job to get in the middle of a fight/scuffle/bust up. Feel free to do the course, but it a thing taught consistently in my experience to not get in the middle of it. Get as many angles on it as possible between the officials and let the players break it up. He could have used his whistle perhaps.
By controlling the match you control the players. I’ve done the course thanks, and have been consistently taught to intervene and calm the situation before it gets out of control. Same as my job in the police

Happy_Martian

What has the red seeing it or not got to do with it being overturned?
It will be overturned on video evidence.
Ref's statement will have a big impact on what the panel decide. And same with video evidence. Can we confirm if there is enough to show the incident completely ? I certainly can't from that admittedly poor video from the iFollow feed.

Fysnkysc

Ref's statement will have a big impact on what the panel decide. And same with video evidence. Can we confirm if there is enough to show the incident completely ? I certainly can't from that admittedly poor video from the iFollow feed.
You realise there's like 50 photographers there and go pros all around the pitch?

Astute

Who said the ref should have intervened? The ref should have got closer. And he has admitted he didn't see Kitching do anything wrong by the sound of it.

Is it in the rules that a ref can give a red card because of what he thinks has happened or does the ref have to see the infringement?

skybluegod

By controlling the match you control the players. I’ve done the course thanks, and have been consistently taught to intervene and calm the situation before it gets out of control. Same as my job in the police

Ok so I'll let Howard webb who was asked the question at the last referee event we had with the RAF FA know that he was wrong 👍

Happy_Martian

So if the ref didn't see anything and the linesman didn't see anything the red card will stand?

Okay Astute, didn't want to reply but I will with an obvious question: If neither of the officials saw anything, why did the Ref issue red cards and not yellows or warnings ? Are you absolutely certain that there is enough video evidence to change it ? How many stadium cameras do we have and how many do the EFL/PGMOL use to overturn decisions ?

No need to answer, this discussion has gone as far as it can as we're firmly in different camps and won't change either of our minds.

jim20

Ok so I'll let Howard webb who was asked the question at the last referee event we had with the RAF FA know that he was wrong 👍
So if a player was kicking another players head in who was on the deck, the ref should just stand and watch?

skybluegod

Who said the ref should have intervened? The ref should have got closer. And he has admitted he didn't see Kitching do anything wrong by the sound of it.

Is it in the rules that a ref can give a red card because of what he thinks has happened or does the ref have to see the infringement?

How much closer should he have got exactly?

What are you exactly wanting me to say? I have said 3 times previously that he got the decision wrong and the he didn't see the initial scuffle.

Astute

Okay Astute, didn't want to reply but I will with an obvious question: If neither of the officials saw anything, why did the Ref issue red cards and not yellows or warnings ? Are you absolutely certain that there is enough video evidence to change it ? How many stadium cameras do we have and how many do the EFL/PGMOL use to overturn decisions ?

No need to answer, this discussion has gone as far as it can as we're firmly in different camps and won't change either of our minds.
Robins said the ref admitted to not seeing what happened. Yet you still try and make out the ref must have seen it.

Happy_Martian

You realise there's like 50 photographers there and go pros all around the pitch?

Well, I certainly hope they caught it as losing Kitching would be a blow. But I'm in a negative mood currently so don't think anything we say, complain or argue about will impact this. Think the red will stand.

Now, go enjoy your evening and stop arguing with a complete stranger about something we'll get the result for later this week :)

Astute

How much closer should he have got exactly?

What are you exactly wanting me to say? I have said 3 times previously that he got the decision wrong and the he didn't see the initial scuffle.
Closer than he was. Yet he decided not to.

skybluegod

So if a player was kicking another players head in who was on the deck, the ref should just stand and watch?

That's a completely different extreme isn't it. I would expect absolutely everyone to get involved if that was happening. For a police officer you should be aware of situational awareness. It's a bit silly to resort to an extreme example, which isn't common place unlike the scuffle that happened today.

Astute

Well, I certainly hope they caught it as losing Kitching would be a blow. But I'm in a negative mood currently so don't think anything we say, complain or argue about will impact this. Think the red will stand.

Now, go enjoy your evening and stop arguing with a complete stranger about something we'll get the result for later this week :)
So this complete stranger disagrees with several yet it's the fault of everyone else 🤣🤣🤣

skybluegod

Closer than he was. Yet he decided not to.

As I say every referee that's responded so far, has said the positioning is there or there abouts as far as they can see. (taking into account the assistant.) If you disagree then that is fine

jim20

That's a completely different extreme isn't it. I would expect absolutely everyone to get involved if that was happening. For a police officer you should be aware of situational awareness. It's a bit silly to resort to an extreme example, which isn't common place unlike the scuffle that happened today.
The scuffle can escalate which is why you intervene at the earliest possible moment to calm the situation and keep control

Happy_Martian

Robins said the ref admitted to not seeing what happened. Yet you still try and make out the ref must have seen it.

Please see my response to Kizz. Don't know why you're still arguing the point. It's gone, we're not changing the decision. Move on and enjoy your day. We got the 3pts FFS.

skybluegod

Interesting the sheff wed manager thought they dominated the second half? We were poorer for sure. But not sure they created much, couple of opportunities but thought it was a bit of a nothing second half in general.

Astute

Please see my response to Kizz. Don't know why you're still arguing the point. It's gone, we're not changing the decision. Move on and enjoy your day. We got the 3pts FFS.
Because you're doing exactly the same and trying to make excuses for what was previously said.

No the ref didn't see it. The linesman was a lot further away and with players in the way. But you say the ref shouldn't be on the scene watching. You say a red card means the incident was seen. And you continued to argue then blame everyone else for arguing.

Hobo

I didn't see the incident as I was too busy standing up and cheering the victory.

But these things rarely get overturned, so I suspect we will just have to suck up the punishment.

Astute

I didn't see the incident as I was too busy standing up and cheering the victory.

But these things rarely get overturned, so I suspect we will just have to suck up the punishment.
I'd be surprised if nobody caught the event. And the refs admission should go a long way.

My main question would be what made their player lose it.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Hobo

Because you're doing exactly the same and trying to make excuses for what was previously said.

No the ref didn't see it. The linesman was a lot further away and with players in the way. But you say the ref shouldn't be on the scene watching. You say a red card means the incident was seen. And you continued to argue then blame everyone else for arguing.

A lot seems to be being made of the ref not seeing the start of the incident? He doesn't have to, he can still issue cards based on what he has seen or heard.

Paxman II

There was pushing and shoving from bothe players as you do. Then Diaby just head butted toward Kitching. Kitching shoved him away furiously, the ref took over then as they locked horns. Player at fault: Diaby. Lost his cool. Kitching did respond and perhaps should not have, but red card? No.

On the game I thought we were a bit sloppy and over confident today. Took a while to break down a poor side. Think the changes to the team help create that sloppyness. But we finally put nerves to bed from a brilliant finish. game over. let's not be too over confident and some players looked like there was too much turkey in the belly!

Expect 3 points Saturday provided we do not allow Swansea (a better side than Wednesday) to come and stiffle us. needs Simms and hadji together and Sheaf back hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread