Match Thread Coventry City - Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread - Tuesday 26th Dec (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

One thing Binks has is the ability to hit a crossfield ball to Tastu/van Ewijk which I think could be useful.

What games does he miss? Swansea Boro and Oxford?

Martin180

First half i thought we were really good , second half a combination of Godden up top and fatigue meant we tired badly and were lucky at times

Astute

Retaliation is just that. Slight or heavy. Some of you need to wake up.

We won’t win the appeal.
Was it retaliation or self defence? If he was getting head butted and all he did was push him away there is no chance of the red card standing.

pusbccfc

Robins response to the Kitching red is outstanding. First time I've heard him properly have a pop at the ref/officials. It's a disgrace and we should kick off.

Nuskyblue

Was it retaliation or self defence? If he was getting head butted and all he did was push him away there is no chance of the red card standing.
Doesn't look like either in the video that you can see tbh.

Kitching obviously said something to wind him up, there was a definite reaction to something said but there was minimal response from him (Liam).

Grendel

It was hardly self defence was it. Self defence against what?

wingy

They've just alluded to it on the phone in that ref may have produced it with the understanding that it will potentially be overturned.

CCFCSteve

Ground out another three points. Great first half, not the best second but another clean sheet ! Simms should’ve been on earlier as the ball just wasn’t sticking second half. Sakamoto… what a player ! Absolute belting second

stupot07

Robins seems quite sure that Kitching did nothing wrong. He's watched it back and has probably seen a much better replay than the one we have seen on twitter.

Hopefully it will be rescinded, but we don't generally have good luck with that type of thing.

Robins said the ref hadn't really seen it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Astute

Well looking at the video the ref was so slow to react and control the situation, Kitching had been hit 3 times before the ref did anything, so the ref should also be disciplined for lack of control
Slow to react? The ref ran in the wrong direction at first.

blunted

The development of Eccles has been really good, he's got better and better.

As decent as Lati has been in midfield and I can see him being utilized there again when we're looking to be solid, I don't think it's something I want to see too often.
Thought Eccles played well with a couple of defence splitting passes just over hit. Absolutely shagged out on 80 mins and should have been subbed but I guess MR didn't think we ha anyone better on the bench.

Nuskyblue

My evaluation of that is that we played well, we had a decent first half. Probably knocked it about the best we have all season (without creating a great deal), tho the oppo weren't really up to much.

Second half we really were a bit sloppy culminating in the maddest misses from point blank range I've seen for a while, the one that got spooned to the left was criminal.

We regained composure and probably saw the (open play) goal of the season from Sakamoto. Decent play and the finish was a treat. They didn't really have a sniff after that mental goal mouth scramble.

We seem to be getting the rub of the green all of a sudden, long may it continue.

DannyThomas_1981

I’m enjoying the partnerships developing on the pitch. Saka, MVE and O’Hare, Wright.

I’d like to see JDS starting games to add to our technical quality with Bids closing out games.

The perfect situation is the new top class midfielder in the Jan window being able to bring O’Hare into the game more and the best out of Simms. Going to be very difficult to be a starter in midfield after the Jan window - strength in depth.

Palmer looks like a real player of late - could be big for us this season.

Users who are viewing this thread