Match Thread Coventry City - Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread - Tuesday 26th Dec (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

There was pushing and shoving from bothe players as you do. Then Diaby just head butted toward Kitching. Kitching shoved him away furiously, the ref took over then as they locked horns. Player at fault: Diaby. Lost his cool. Kitching did respond and perhaps should not have, but red card? No.

On the game I thought we were a bit sloppy and over confident today. Took a while to break down a poor side. Think the changes to the team help create that sloppyness. But we finally put nerves to bed from a brilliant finish. game over. let's not be too over confident and some players looked like there was too much turkey in the belly!

Expect 3 points Saturday provided we do not allow Swansea (a better side than Wednesday) to come and stiffle us. needs Simms and hadji together and Sheaf back hopefully.
Friday if you please.

Happy_Martian

Expect 3 points Saturday provided we do not allow Swansea (a better side than Wednesday) to come and stiffle us. needs Simms and hadji together and Sheaf back hopefully.

Hope so as we have Swansea on Friday night and Middlesboro on Monday. A very quick turnaround. It'll be interesting to see who Robins picks for the CB role if we don't get the red card panel before then. Binks, Lati or a return for McFadz ?

StrettoBoy

Based on on our recent performances opposing teams will have to be alert to the goal threat posed by our attacking midfielders, especially O'Hare, Sakamoto and Palmer. I'm hoping this will free up space for Wright, Simms and Godden.

Sky Blue Pete

There was pushing and shoving from bothe players as you do. Then Diaby just head butted toward Kitching. Kitching shoved him away furiously, the ref took over then as they locked horns. Player at fault: Diaby. Lost his cool. Kitching did respond and perhaps should not have, but red card? No.

On the game I thought we were a bit sloppy and over confident today. Took a while to break down a poor side. Think the changes to the team help create that sloppyness. But we finally put nerves to bed from a brilliant finish. game over. let's not be too over confident and some players looked like there was too much turkey in the belly!

Totally professional performance says something when we win 2-0 and we’re all looking for how poor players were or how we should have won by more

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Based on on our recent performances opposing teams will have to be alert to the goal threat posed by our attacking midfielders, especially O'Hare, Sakamoto and Palmer. I'm hoping this will free up space for Wright, Simms and Godden.

Yeah that's the plan, team's will just sit back more.

Hertsccfc

Totally professional performance says something when we win 2-0 and we’re all looking for how poor players were or how we should have won by more
I thought we were excellent at times. Some of the interplay in midfield and on the wings was so good. Went off the boil just before half time and Sheffield had more of the play after half time but we were far superior. I actually thought we were better than at Sunderland where the result flattered us to be honest.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Was this game officially sold out ? Do season ticket holders who don't attend still count on the day? .
It was 3000 short of full.

Ooh Ah

The numbers for Saka, KP, Cal and Wright starting to stack up now.
Simms starting to score the last piece of the jigsaw?
Think Saka, Cal and Wright, with MVE and Bidwell overlapping, will cause any Championship side problems - so good to watch. So yes if Simms clicks fantastic, but... Also need i) a dynamic midfielder alongside Sheaf/Eccles for balance ii) injury to Wright and to some extent Tats, replacements are a drop off. If 4231 is our line-up, we need two other hard working attacking wide players.

Also love that Lati covers so many positions so well, and hearing his interview today this was always the plan with Robins.

Great_Expectations

Really good result.

We’ve played better over 90 this season and also a hell of a lot worse. The final two thirds of the first half we were excellent and they couldn’t get near us, they were being forced to play so deep and despite losing were trying to slow things down just to get some respite and take the sting out of our game.

Second half they played higher and with a press at times. Other than hitting the post I didn’t really feel too concerned though - we always looked the likelier team to get the second of the game.

Strong run of results and momentum continues to build.

Excited for Friday.

Great_Expectations

The plans were to suggest people turn up early.

TBF it’s pretty obvious to get here early. I got here at 2.15 and took 5 minutes to get in

Not always practical though is it, especially on Boxing Day when people will likely be balancing numerous activities.

The final few games last season when we experienced massive crowds we didn’t have the same issues. Small things like opening up the double doors and having stewards scanning tickets there when queues got to a certain point.

I don’t manage a football stadium, and perhaps there isn’t an easy answer, but relying on fans either realising/bothering/logistically being able to, get there early doesn’t seem foolproof.

In other news, fans have been advised they will need to wipe their own arses.

Top bantzzz.

Gint11

Really good result.

We’ve played better over 90 this season and also a hell of a lot worse. The final two thirds of the first half we were excellent and they couldn’t get near us, they were being forced to play so deep and despite losing were trying to slow things down just to get some respite and take the sting out of our game.

Second half they played higher and with a press at times. Other than hitting the post I didn’t really feel too concerned though - we always looked the likelier team to get the second of the game.

Strong run of results and momentum continues to build.

Excited for Friday.

Buzzing with the upturn. We are riding our luck though, that miss from them today and Ba for Sunderland.

but I guess it evens out in the end.

skyblue025

A wins a win but we we were pretty average bar 15-45min. Midfield seemed to lack control for large parts and I think we missed Sheaf. Worryingly we are creating nothing for our centre forward be it Godden or Simms. I can't remember the last gilt edge chance either of them had from open play. While we are scoring from wider areas it doesn't matter so much so long may that continue. It's great to win when you only play well for 30 minutes. Wednesday were garbage. On too Swansea and top half of the table to end the year.

Skyblue_CP

Strange how some Wednesday fans are saying on social media that it was a weird atmosphere and it felt like a derby. Thinking we sold out because it was them coming. Do they realise it was Boxing Day?

Terry_dactyl

It may have already been discussed but Clive and Oggy (and Martin Winch…who is he?) all said Saka essentially scuffed his first one. Both at the time and having watched it since, I think he knew exactly what he was doing. A really well taken goal.

Sky Blue Pete

It may have already been discussed but Clive and Oggy (and Martin Winch…who is he?) all said Saka essentially scuffed his first one. Both at the time and having watched it since, I think he knew exactly what he was doing. A really well taken goal.
Thought so too
Second one no doubt about it
It’s so easy isn’t it to score apart from when you don’t

Terry_dactyl

Thought so too
Second one no doubt about it
It’s so easy isn’t it to score apart from when you don’t
The second one was a thing of beauty. The old man was even able to appreciate it…”wow”.
There’s been a couple of comparisons for Saka, I think someone said he reminds them of kinkladze earlier. For me he’s more like Mahrez.

wingy

Anyone notice the baby steps Mve was taking, just curious as obviously didn't have any trouble with pace?

Users who are viewing this thread