Match Thread Coventry City - Preston North End FC Match Thread - Friday 23rd Feb (5 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

West brom will honestly batter us
Robins: ‘It’s as bad as it’s been for years, even worse than Stoke. Game got away from us from the start. Need to defend it better. They ran harder, fought harder and did the dirty side of the game better than anyone who’s been here. No pride. Looked like a team who were scared stiff. Lots of poor decisions and difficult to pull bones out of. Can’t feel sorry for ourselves as have a game on Monday. ‘

‘Difficult to make changes wi the injuries. Torp couldn’t play a full game. Manner of the defeat was atrocious and we deserve nothing. Got a proper doing. Need to take criticism on chin, stick chest out.’

On Tats: ‘Not a good injury at all. Got up high and landed on his back and hip. Don’t want to speculate but it’s a bad injury. Was more like a rugby game and like the physicality of games when I used to play. Didn’t anticipate it being as bad as that. He’s in hospital now and we’re waiting for news.’

‘We’ve been bullied today and that can’t happen again. That was miles away from any game we’ve played for years. Can’t play like that against West Brom.’
At least the analysis is based in reality. Nothing worse than a manager making out all is ok after a shit performance.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

The best way to counter it is to play it over the top of their players to our strikers. Couple of problems with it thought.

1 Our strikers don't have the best 1st touch

2 We brought every player back for every set piece.

we had this problem against Watford here early on in the season in the crazy game - and at the time, MR said we need to learn how to play against a strong high press…

That was 3rd (?) home game of the season way back in September.

have we learned anything? 🤔

Mcbean

We were doomed in the first minute - anyway move on was always going to happen against these thugs - best wishes for Tats

GIMOC

You only come on here when you got bad news to pass on mate

When is there good news off the pitch? does robins sound happy? was he happy with January window? we was told start of the month not to expect incomings

everything I hear is from people close to the club. if you don’t like what you hear and you believe it’s bad news then don’t blame me. nothing to enjoy from relaying it. isn’t that why this forum exists?
January showed how little off the field activity occurred. has robins complained since? Yes on numerous occasions

pusbccfc

We conceded tons with a 5 as well. Maybe it’s just that our defenders aren’t very good without a strong midfield in front of them.

We don't have a midfield and now down have a RW.

If Torp isn't fully fit for Friday, I'd not really have a clue what formation and side to play.

Martin180

When is there good news off the pitch? does robins sound happy? was he happy with January window? we was told start of the month not to expect incomings

everything I hear is from people close to the club. if you don’t like what you hear and you believe it’s bad news then don’t blame me. nothing to enjoy from relaying it. isn’t that why this forum exists?
January showed how little off the field activity occurred. has robins complained since? Yes on numerous occasions
You're a fucking idiot , just fuck off

Brighton Sky Blue

You’ve got an axe to grind and have had one ever since the prices for corporate went up. Piss off

shepardo01

Just listened to Robins. Sounded down, rather than angry.
One thing that stuck out was when the game was compared to Stoke last year.
He said this was way worse.
The thing that stuck out was that he said, when asked about us bouncing back like last year, "yeah, but we were good defensively" - basically saying we are shit at the back this year. Worrying for that kind of admission....

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair to robins he’s got a point re the squad

it should have been strengthened
He does. But what’s happening now is reminiscent of those FM tactics you download with the intensity set to super high resulting in good results for a while before the squad crashes and burns with fatigue.

GIMOC

You’ve got an axe to grind and have had one ever since the prices for corporate went up. Piss off

lol an axe to grind?

please enlighten me on the great January window we had and how our squad has improved?

robins foresee this happening and wasn’t backed. somehow that’s my fault is it? you must live on mars if you don’t hear robins repeatly come out about lack of investment in January.

Nick

Administrator
The thing that stuck out was that he said, when asked about us bouncing back like last year, "yeah, but we were good defensively" - basically saying we are shit at the back this year. Worrying for that kind of admission....

It doesn't help the defence including keeper get changed every other game

lordsummerisle

We were 3-0 down after 30 mins you cretin what do you expect? I don’t get this “stay til the end no matter what” mentality. Fuck off. If the players on the pitch can’t be arsed why should I. I’m sure they’ll get over the ground being empty at full time when they pick up their pay check next week. Fucking idiot.

I was back in the pub by half time.

I stayed to the end.

Only to avoid the traffic though to be fair.

Mucca Mad Boys

We’re not as good defensively this year. If Wilson can win the golden glove, that’s telling.

We will go back to 3-4-1-2 if Saka is out for the rest of the season and I’m here for it to be fair.

At 3-0, the game was last us today but the second half was shit. I wish I met my mates at HT rather than after 85m.

Brighton Sky Blue

lol an axe to grind?

please enlighten me on the great January window we had and how our squad has improved?

robins foresee this happening and wasn’t backed. somehow that’s my fault is it? you must live on mars if you don’t hear robins repeatly come out about lack of investment in January.
I have no doubt he’s pissed off, again you don’t need to be ITK to work that out. It’s true we really needed more depth but it’s also true he hasn’t helped himself with recruitment aimed at a 5-3-2 system that had to be ditched as we were heading for a relegation battle had it not been changed up.

larry_david

Tbh mate I couldn't give a shit about the off the field politics you have with them at the helm.

What I don't like is you coming on here whilst sakamoto is still in hospital and MR hadn't even come out in the press at the time, and telling us all he's shattered his pelvis and out for 6 months. Even if it's true, have some respect for the individuals involved and stop leaking info out from the club you supposedly support just to then turn it into an attack at the chairman

bigfatronssba

Of course he doesn’t sound happy, just lost 3-0.

What do you expect him to do? Come on CWR and start doing his Frank Spencer impression?

GIMOC

I have no doubt he’s pissed off, again you don’t need to be ITK to work that out. It’s true we really needed more depth but it’s also true he hasn’t helped himself with recruitment aimed at a 5-3-2 system that had to be ditched as we were heading for a relegation battle had it not been changed up.
so I have a an axe to grind but you agree robins is pissed off. you contracting yourself there

Users who are viewing this thread