Match Thread Coventry City - Preston North End FC Match Thread - Friday 23rd Feb (5 Viewers)

GIMOC

Of course he doesn’t sound happy, just lost 3-0.

What do you expect him to do? Come on CWR and start doing his Frank Spencer impression?

so before tonight robins hasn’t raised his concerns and disappointment with lack of players through the door?

GIMOC

Tbh mate I couldn't give a shit about the off the field politics you have with them at the helm.

What I don't like is you coming on here whilst sakamoto is still in hospital and MR hadn't even come out in the press at the time, and telling us all he's shattered his pelvis and out for 6 months. Even if it's true, have some respect for the individuals involved and stop leaking info out from the club you supposedly support just to then turn it into an attack at the chairman

I don’t think it’ll make any difference to tatz if I say something I was told or not. very strange pov you have. isn’t the forum about cov and giving info when it’s given?

Deity

lol an axe to grind?

please enlighten me on the great January window we had and how our squad has improved?

robins foresee this happening and wasn’t backed. somehow that’s my fault is it? you must live on mars if you don’t hear robins repeatly come out about lack of investment in January.
If you don’t think Torp has improved our midfield may I suggest football isn’t for you ….

Martin180

I don’t think it’ll make any difference to tatz if I say something I was told or not. very strange pov you have. isn’t the forum about cov and giving info when it’s given?
Apart from when it's misinformation on your behalf , just fuck off mate

bigfatronssba

14th/15th I fear

15th place is currently tracking as finishing the season on 55 points.

We already have 51 points. So you’re predicting us to get no more than 4 points over the remaining 12 games?

Do you not think you might be overreacting??

Matt smith

And last September in your previous postings ?
Yeah he’s turned it round superbly well credit to him

but we’ve been playing poor for a while now and it needed fresh impetus and it wasn’t achieved

by the way I think this Mason Clark is going to be a great signing

GIMOC

If you don’t think Torp has improved our midfield may I suggest football isn’t for you ….

has our squad improved? torp an excellent player but our squad hasn’t strengthened. robins has called this out ever since the window closed

SeaSeeEffCee

When is there good news off the pitch? does robins sound happy? was he happy with January window? we was told start of the month not to expect incomings

everything I hear is from people close to the club. if you don’t like what you hear and you believe it’s bad news then don’t blame me. nothing to enjoy from relaying it. isn’t that why this forum exists?
January showed how little off the field activity occurred. has robins complained since? Yes on numerous occasions
Glad to see you’ve remembered your password again! Must have been tough missing out on our winning streak but glad you’ve got your account back in the end.

bigfatronssba

so before tonight robins hasn’t raised his concerns and disappointment with lack of players through the door?

He hasn’t raised concerns. He’s said he’d like more men through the door but that’s just how it is. Part of the plan.

I’d like to win the lottery. It doesn’t mean I’m about to run off when I don’t

Deity

has our squad improved? torp an excellent player but our squad hasn’t strengthened. robins has called this out ever since the window closed
Our squad was improved in Jan but not as much as Ronins wanted or King and Austin planned. That’s football.

our squad is better than West Brom, Iosw, Norwich, Preston, etc ….

Let’s stop pretending the problem is the lack of resources ….

shmmeee

Next two go one of two ways don’t they? Fuck up against Maidstone then hammered by West Brom and cry into our beer until May or grow some balls and win the both. No in-between. Been here before thinking the group look spineless and shit and we’ve turned it around.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

it’s disrespectful mate, and if it turns out to be bullshit now not only will you look like more of a twat than you already did with your transfer window nonsense but trying to score some kind of points by making up a horrible rumour like that will also ensure legendary bell end status

even if it’s true, you just don’t do that - grow up and have some respect

wingy

Abd Lats at RB?

Disgusted Steve Carell GIF

No, Burroughs right or left!

GIMOC

Our squad was improved in Jan but not as much as Ronins wanted or King and Austin planned. That’s football.

our squad is better than West Brom, Iosw, Norwich, Preston, etc ….

Let’s stop pretending the problem is the lack of resources ….

our squad is better than West Brom, Norwich and I assume you meant hull. I hope that’s a joke because it’s clearly not

Major Tom

Problem we will have with investing in a larger squad of quality players is it's a lot harder in the championship to keep those players happy if they're not playing every week. It's a lot easier to sit on the bench in the prem as a £50 mil squad player with prem wages ..thats why only Kids from prep teams go out on loan.. A squad of decent champ' players are always looking for their next move ...

Milne Out

Let’s be honest
We were shocking against these 1st half up at Deepdale
We took the lead, massively against the run of play . Some iffy decisions up there from the ref, but we could easily have been 3 down at 1/2 time up at their place
We rallied 2nd half and had a decent spell and got a bit of hope
But although not exciting, they were solid up there . And look now like that team that come out of the pack and make a push
I still think Friday night is a terrible time for a match. Not an excuse, but when you’ve been going as long as me, it’s right against the grain to be watching City on a Friday instead of looking forward to the Saturday game

shepardo01

Next two go one of two ways don’t they? Fuck up against Maidstone then hammered by West Brom and cry into our beer until May or grow some balls and win the both. No in-between. Been here before thinking the group look spineless and shit and we’ve turned it around.
There's no way we are winning at West Brom with no Sheaf and Sakamoto.
We'll beat Maidstone, but there will be changes made and those changes will be with West Brom in mind - there will be no continuity going into that game and we'll get beaten there.

mark82

lol an axe to grind?

please enlighten me on the great January window we had and how our squad has improved?

robins foresee this happening and wasn’t backed. somehow that’s my fault is it? you must live on mars if you don’t hear robins repeatly come out about lack of investment in January.
To be fair, January is a shit time to buy. Think the two we've bought will be good for next year, could've really just done with a couple of loans to boost the squad and give us a chance of promotion this year.

enigma

Exactly. We go again…..
Singers corner got us up to where we are and now over the seasons but they need to stop moaning about other support around stadium. They were a disgrace today and last few games too. Why have they gone so quiet? Me and my 2 boys sing our hearts out in family zone no matter what the score. If 30 secs of football defines our home support then give up seats for true fans. Rant over.

alexccfc99

I’m booking a holiday when we play these next season, genuinely the only fixtures of the season I have zero motivation to attend year upon year

shmmeee

There's no way we are winning at West Brom with no Sheaf and Sakamoto.
We'll beat Maidstone, but there will be changes made and those changes will be with West Brom in mind - there will be no continuity going into that game and we'll get beaten there.

Id stick the same team that started today out bar Saka obviously. Then keep anyone who doesn’t cover themselves in shit vs Maidstone. Rest my arse. They should be hurting and wanting ti get out there and put it right.

GIMOC

To be fair, January is a shit time to buy. Think the two we've bought will be good for next year, could've really just done with a couple of loans to boost the squad and give us a chance of promotion this year.

well hull look to have done well from going for it in Jan. haven’t looked back. Right players were there with the backing, hull look nailed on for the playoffs as a result of excellent jan business

Users who are viewing this thread