Match Thread Coventry City - Preston North End FC Match Thread - Friday 23rd Feb (3 Viewers)

hamertime

We must be the least physical side in this league, completely found out. It’s like a show pony, provoke it and it will dance quicker. No
Teeth.

Brighton Sky Blue

It accounts for everything. Since Torp went off last game we’ve gone straight back to the turgid shite from the startschot the year and that’s why everyone looks shit because the defence have no options and everything comes back or they get caught on the ball.

Fucking Wilson can piss off tho. Genuinely would be better without him at all. Makes the whole team nervous.
It accounts for looking clueless going forward, agreed. But nothing to do with any of those terrible goals handed on a plate.

All the while the Mason Clarke deal is doing no favours for anybody

Gint11

Well I said we’re too good to lose 0-4 and we almost did. Shocking and proven wrong!

letsallsingtogether

??? Players should be able to jump as high as they like how is it putting himself in danger??
Its like telling kids they cant go to school in the snow incase they fall over.
The worlds gone soft.

OldBedrocker

Perspective needed, this was last years Stoke at home. The real worry is the amount of injured and allegedly fatigued players.
Robins is trying to juggle a thin squad and it’s not easy with some key players out.
Wilson is not Collins
Dasilva is not Bidwell
Binks is not Kitching
Thomas just had a mare
Eccles is not Sheaf
Latí ….was he playing ?
The strikers created fuck all and scored even less!
We actually need the cup game to try and restore some confidence now !
Collins, Bidwell and Kitching are not injured so no need to rest them

Last edited:

pusbccfc

He’ll ditch 4-3-3 now Sakamoto is seemingly out of action for the season

He has to.

We cannot play the rest of the season with a front 3 of either Simms, Haji, Godden and Palmer.

Brighton Sky Blue

Did it all game though?
He does it every game. I’d love to hear that moron Winch ask him why he does it. From my point of view it just lets the opposition crowd the area, denies you counter attacking possibilities, means you will invariably have to defend another ball into the box if you clear the first, plus getting your strikers to take on defensive instructions at set pieces.

It makes no sense

covcity4life

??? Players should be able to jump as high as they like how is it putting himself in danger??
No I mean like he jumped on to the guys shoulder. I dunno. I'm prob chatting shit. I just always though the attacker is naive when fall like that. It's like they jump into danger area too far

Not rly explaining it

hamertime

Oh stop being a drama queen. Robins himself said it was an atrocious performance, the worst in years. We could all see that. There isn't a football ground in the country that wouldn't have emptied at 80 minutes tonight Leaving at half time is weird I admit, but the vast majority stayed the back them until last 10.

Bizarre that after a performance like that, with a very honest appraisal from the manager, your absolute first instinct is to have a pop at the fans.
I wasn’t a drama queen, I stayed until the end. The blame here lies solely at Doug Ellis for not backing Mark in January. Robins will get disillusioned and end up leaving pretty soon in my opinion.

Old Warwickshire lad

The best way to counter it is to play it over the top of their players to our strikers. Couple of problems with it thought.

1 Our strikers don't have the best 1st touch

2 We brought every player back for every set piece.
3 Wilson can’t throw it, or kick it that far with any accuracy.

Brighton Sky Blue

I wasn’t a drama queen, I stayed until the end. The blame here lies solely at Doug Ellis for not backing Mark in January. Robins will get disillusioned and end up leaving pretty soon in my opinion.
1. He was the Villa chairman
2. He’s been dead for 6 years

bigfatronssba

That’s why we’ve always been shit. The players will now know when the going gets tuff, the fans get going. People lapping it up the last few years of success but couldn’t just sit and take it, have to vent their fury. Fucking embarrassing fans.

If any of our players think that performance was worthy of praise then frankly I don’t want them here.
Decent players know when they’ve been bad. They will know why people left early.

To be honest they got away very lightly with it. 15 years ago the atmosphere would’ve been toxic with a performance like that

Mr Panda

Jay Dasilva will get the bad press for his stupidity but I’ve got to call out Josh Eccles. He might not do anything glaringly obvious like give the ball away in a stupid area, but on a day where you really need him to step up he goes missing. Completely bullied in the centre of the park and he didn’t look to offer himself at all when the ball was with the CBs or out wide.

Lati you can sort of understand as he’s not a natural CM. But Eccles lack of bravery to get on the ball was bad.

He needs Torp or Sheaf with him

Brighton Sky Blue

Jay Dasilva will get the bad press for his stupidity but I’ve got to call out Josh Eccles. He might not do anything glaringly obvious like give the ball away in a stupid area, but on a day where you really need him to step up he goes missing. Completely bullied in the centre of the park and he didn’t look to offer himself at all when the ball was with the CBs or out wide.

Lati you can sort of understand as he’s not a natural CM. But Eccles lack of bravery to get on the ball was bad.

He needs Torp or Sheaf with him
The one good chance we created he put far into row Z.

Users who are viewing this thread