Match Thread Coventry City - Preston North End FC Match Thread - Friday 23rd Feb (3 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

Sorry if it grates that I believe he was our best player early in the season. Obviously you know best.

No, in January we had a ‘do we even miss Hamer?’ Thread and there were plenty of people saying CM is our strongest position and that we don’t miss Hamer.

Then we see Torp coming in who’s barely out of preseason mode i.e. unlikely to be at top form. Yet, the consensus is that Sheaf and Torp would be first choices.

I can appreciate goods players whilst simultaneously looking ahead to where we want to be in the future.

mark82

Is it? We want to be a Premiership club and Hamer is not even a starter at the worst Prem team since Derby. He was the Championship’s best midfielder last season.

Even at upfront, we’ve got nearly the same production from Wright and Simms as Gyokeres. There’s less X-factor but the goal contributions tally up.
Hamer has started 21 of the 23 games he's been available for. That's a starter by anyone's definition.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Cannot believe that JPT game when we came back from the dead was back in 2013, I think there was a good vlog from the away end on the last 5 minutes, lets hope we make it easier tonight but think it will be a tough tight games but Friday nights always seem to have been quite good for us in recent years. Here's hoping

Tommo1993

Cannot believe that JPT game when we came back from the dead was back in 2013, I think there was a good vlog from the away end on the last 5 minutes, lets hope we make it easier tonight but think it will be a tough tight games but Friday nights always seem to have been quite good for us in recent years. Here's hoping
Came back from the dead?

Ashdown

Not sure how Preston’s team is shaping up but I fear that we are a lot weaker without Sheaf, Allen and now Torp. Wright has to put a shift in tonight to give us a chance.
Certainly have to take every chance !

Great_Expectations

No Torp or Sheaf does mean we’re missing a ball player in the middle, however it doesn’t mean a complete lack of creativity.

Eccles can pick a pass he just isn’t as good at that side as the other two (IMO), but he certainly has other strengths. Either way I’d expect to see him play more progressively tonight and Lati sits.

I’d also expect to see MVE and JDS used more as outlets. JDS’ ability to play in tight situations will be more important tonight with a lack of that in the middle. Assuming he plays….

I know they’re a bogey team, but we are confident and have won the last few while not particularly impressing. Tonight we pick up a massive win.

Sod Ryan Lowe and Ched Evans.

3-1.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Any news on whether Sakamoto is back?

Don't know, never heard Clive Eakin ask the question, all I heard was Mark Robins talking about Preston.🤬

Johhny Blue

If they are pressing high and hard, ping it down the left to Wright and or Simms. Both ok the air, Wright does well with these type of balls.

I don't want us to continue to try to play through a press, especially with the players we have missing. Get the bastard ball up the pitch until the press has dwindled.
FORWARD

Johhny Blue

players, with the exception of Stevenson would have develop a lot more staying at Cov. Robins and his team have done a great job at developing

Stevenson wouldn’t be in the team tonight with the chance of rain

Gint11

Happy with the lineup but do we think there’s a reason why Kitching has been benched in the last 2?

SBT

Lot of pressure on Eccles to link the play tonight

Torp being in the squad is encouraging, although I hope we can rest him tonight and Monday

Lusala on the bench, good experience before his first start against Maidstone…

Users who are viewing this thread