Match Thread Coventry City - Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Tuesday 28th Nov (2 Viewers)

Matt smith

He did have a good game. There was that one awful attempt when he completely ballooned it, but besides that he kept the Plymouth defenders busy all night and his movement was pretty good and he showed some nice touches.

And besides, if Matt Smith says he was poor I know I am vindicated in my praise
♥️

Paxman II

How wrong can you be sometimes? I thought after Saturday the flood gates would open. But instead we got an awful performance, and we ended it with a smash and grab. Wright was terrible, and looks like a league 1 player. Noticable how his confidence rose after he scored though, so watch this space. Allen had a great game Saturday but tonight was nowhere to be seen except the odd moment.
Plymouth a poor side but promising enough to survive. The ball looked out tbf but like so many camera angles and remembering the whole ball must be out, the officials may have got it right. That one moment was all we did and it won the game. We need to improve a lot for the next game. Did anyone else think we looked like we were missing faz in the middle at the back? So many crosses not being cleared, something Faz would 99% get his head on? Sheaf very good tonight if a little wayward on the odd occasion. Eccles has a good game then a poor game - must get more consistant.
A wins a win.

BackRoomRummermill

How wrong can you be sometimes? I thought after Saturday the flood gates would open. But instead we got an awful performance, and we ended it with a smash and grab. Wright was terrible, and looks like a league 1 player. Noticable how his confidence rose after he scored though, so watch this space. Allen had a great game Saturday but tonight was nowhere to be seen except the odd moment.
Plymouth a poor side but promising enough to survive. The ball looked out tbf but like so many camera angles and remembering the whole ball must be out, the officials may have got it right. That one moment was all we did and it won the game. We need to improve a lot for the next game. Did anyone else think we looked like we were missing faz in the middle at the back? So many crosses not being cleared, something Faz would 99% get his head on? Sheaf very good tonight if a little wayward on the odd occasion. Eccles has a good game then a poor game - must get more consistant.
A wins a win.
What about COH

mark_ccfc

It seems we have sorted ourselves defensively but still struggling a little up front. Better than recently where we were leaking goals and not scoring. At least gives us a chance of winning when we score the odd goal (as happened tonight). We also seem to play better when the other team push forward and we play on the break, which is most of our away games.

fatso

He's been here 3-and-a-half months. Have you ever changed jobs and been truly bedded in in that short amount of time? I doubt many of us have.
Wtf, I'd expect a pro footballer to trap.and pass a ball after 3.5months.
Pull your fucking head out of the sand and wake up, he's shite.
He gets a pass tonight due to his dodgy goal, but let's be honest, does he look like a 7+ million pound player????
Does he fuck.

stupot07

Two centre backs looking very good.

3 clean sheets in a row. I think people forget that it wasn't champagne football by any means a lot of last season, keep a clean sheet first and we've got enough quality to get a goal.

Pleased for Wright, the abuse he's getting is embarrassing.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Some absolute nobs in our block shout dogs abuse to him all game. He scores and they shout "you're still shit though".

At least he was involved to be moaned at. Bar one chance Godden was anonymous.

Brighton Sky Blue

What do you think Brighton back me up here I’m getting it tonight
I didn’t see much first half except for poor touches and getting caught offside. Second half he had that ballooned effort and again struggled to impose himself much on proceedings. Took his goal very well though and you could see him grow in confidence for the rest of the match.

Overall 6/10 in my opinion but I’m happy to have it pointed out what I’m missing.

Matt smith

Have we won tonight ? Honestly what's up with CWR callers
Great win evo as I’ve said

great win and 3/3 clean sheets is superb

just because I don’t think haji played well doesn’t mean I’m not happy with the 3 points

but he got the winner, and fair play to him on that

Cov kid 55

Come on , you must be pleased with the last three games surely ?
Oh blimey, yes, of course I am. Delighted. All I’m saying is that we shouldn’t get carried away, there are much better teams in our league than Millwall and Plymouth. What is good is the number of chances we created at Millwall, and later in the second half tonight. Also we look more solid defensively, to be fair, apart from the guy skying the ball from the corner, I don’t think we gave Plymouth a chance.

ccfc922

Can anyone remember who our "goal" that didn't cross the line was against? Either last season or year before?

The Philosopher

But some people said Kitching isn't worth the money.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
To be fair, when being a constant unused sub then £5m seemed mad, especially when playing WB system and we hadn’t brought a B2B midfielder.

He’s doing well and I’m sure any Sky Blue fan is pleased.

fernandopartridge

Clueless caller - somebody should've told him about Viks stats when he first arrived
It wasn't even just his stats, in that first season it was hard to tell what he could do as he rarely touched the ball in the area

Users who are viewing this thread