Match Thread Coventry City - Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Tuesday 28th Nov (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Plymouth Argyle match, tactics and predictions :)

Briles

Unchanged I'd imagine bar any niggles. They had a good result yesterday, but if we play like we did, I'm going 2-0

johnwillomagic

Yep assuming no knocks I'd be surprised if Mark Robins changes it tbh - if I did anything would be tempted to bring in Simms for Wright but hope we stay unchanged start xi from yday deserve their places for Tuesday night

Cov98

Yep assuming no knocks I'd be surprised if Mark Robins changes it tbh - if I did anything would be tempted to bring in Simms for Wright but hope we stay unchanged start xi from yday deserve their places for Tuesday night
Don't know if it'd work to be honest. Wright actually adds a lot on that left side (finishing aside) and Simms seems better central.

wingy

I think there will be at least one change, Sakamoto looked shagged out at the,guess it depends oñ recovery but he hasn't played two on the trott afiak.

shmmeee

I’d imagine Saka would want to play even if his legs fallen off after scoring his first.

Offhegoes

It’s about winning, and I’d rather he play the right players instead of sticking with an unchanged team out of loyalty. If Alllen or Eccles need a rest, then bring in Kelly and O’Hare. No point having a decent squad but not using it. We were good against Millwall but they had 3 or 4 great chances to score. We still need to tighten up for me

Bugsy

Me and my son buzzing for this game, my son's goin to be a mascot for the 1st time. Can't wait 😁...PUSB

long way home

If Palmer is fit id bring him onto the bench, if not another week training will not be a bad thing. And then go with the same starting line up and same bench.

clint van damme

Dont think there's much to discuss line up and formation wise unless anyone's picked up a knock, same again.
Was interesting that Callum never got any minutes yesterday.

skyblue_55

Robins purposely made minimal changes yesterday, with Tuesday’s game in mind . I think the obvious change up front is Simms starting for Wright .
lats is now a replacement, if needed , for either Eccles or Sheaf , to give them a rest , but the others should be guaranteed their places , if knocks / tiredness ? Isn’t a factor , with O’hare surely will get 20 mins to give Allen a rest ….. won’t he ?

SkyblueTexan

Wright out and Simms in is one change Is make. Lati could come in, but not sure who I’d swap out. I’m torn about keeping an unchanged team that just won, but feel that if there any tired legs they may need a little rest.

clint van damme

Robins purposely made minimal changes yesterday, with Tuesday’s game in mind . I think the obvious change up front is Simms starting for Wright .
lats is now a replacement, if needed , for either Eccles or Sheaf , to give them a rest , but the others should be guaranteed their places , if knocks / tiredness ? Isn’t a factor , with O’hare surely will get 20 mins to give Allen a rest ….. won’t he ?

Not sure Wright should be dropped. I was critical of aspects of his game yesterday but there were positives and I think we should persevere with him.

Hutch11

Same team, go again. Massive game. If we win we actually climb the table. We could be as high as 15th! Heady stuff!
Simms for Godden surely , he scored and had a half decent game yesterday but Simms and Wright are our future
Wright was very good yesterday despite a couple of wayward passes

Brighton Sky Blue

Do need to manage fitness but it should be close to yesterday's side. Get Wright practising one on ones all day tomorrow

shmmeee

Simms for Godden surely , he scored and had a half decent game yesterday but Simms and Wright are our future
Wright was very good yesterday despite a couple of wayward passes

If it was me, maybe, but Godden doesn’t get dropped when he’s not scoring he isn’t getting dropped when he just has.

Paxman II

Same team starts and Sheaf and Eccles were excellent yesterday btw. O'Hare will be on the bench chomping at the bit - certain replacement on 60 minutes for Tatsu. Simms for Godden or Wright on 60 minutes. Faz will get some minutes in I feel late on, as will Kelly for Allen in the 79th minute!
Confidence brewing, a big buzz around the team, and I think a thumping good win against the newcomers.
5-0

SBbucks

Same team starts and Sheaf and Eccles were excellent yesterday btw. O'Hare will be on the bench chomping at the bit - certain replacement on 60 minutes for Tatsu. Simms for Godden or Wright on 60 minutes. Faz will get some minutes in I feel late on, as will Kelly for Allen in the 79th minute!
Confidence brewing, a big buzz around the team, and I think a thumping good win against the newcomers.
5-0

You might be right on O’hare, Simms and Kelly but the only way Fadz is coming on is if there are injuries to both Thomas & Kitching…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saddlebrains

Dont think tiredness is a worry they've not had a game for 2 weeks before yesterday

I do feel the lack of subs yesterday though was with an eye to making wholesale changes from 60 minutes onwards on Tuesday, to ensure those who come on are totally fresh to go bell for leather for half hour or so

fernandopartridge

Dont think tiredness is a worry they've not had a game for 2 weeks before yesterday

I do feel the lack of subs yesterday though was with an eye to making wholesale changes from 60 minutes onwards on Tuesday, to ensure those who come on are totally fresh to go bell for leather for half hour or so
Was a little surprised that O'Hare didn't get on but then again tactically guess it made more sense not to bring him on. I also wondered whether Robins is expecting him to step it up with his work to get back to match fitness, judging on the comments he made about working even harder.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread