Match Thread Coventry City - Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Tuesday 28th Nov (4 Viewers)

Evo1883

If it was me, maybe, but Godden doesn’t get dropped when he’s not scoring he isn’t getting dropped when he just has.
Not going into the ins and outs of matty goddens game , but I did notice since switching to 433 he's having almost twice as many touches per match on average than in a wing back system .

shmmeee

Not going into the ins and outs of matty goddens game , but I did notice since switching to 433 he's having almost twice as many touches per match on average than in a wing back system .

We are never going to agree on Godden man.

Was a little surprised that O'Hare didn't get on but then again tactically guess it made more sense not to bring him on. I also wondered whether Robins is expecting him to step it up with his work to get back to match fitness, judging on the comments he made about working even harder.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Honestly don’t think he’s earned it with what he’s shown so far. Plus he played a full game last week so probably needs a rest for recovery if we don’t need to throw him on for a goal.

SlowerThanPlatt

2 league goals in 21 games doesn’t suggest we’ve missed out on a future star but we tried to sign their striker when he was playing in NZ

Skyblue Bangkok

Don't know if it'd work to be honest. Wright actually adds a lot on that left side (finishing aside) and Simms seems better central.
Noticed Wright is getting into many good positions last few games , if his touch had been slightly better on Saturday he would have scored the first goal. He had a chance before then although their keeper made a good save ,keeper left a big gap on his right hand side and Wright went the opposite way

CV22SBA

Looks like it will be by far our lowest attendance of the season. Lots of blue dots behind the goal. Does anyone know how many Plymouth bringing? They've not won away all season and it's a bloody long way so anything over 1K is respectable.

ProfessorbyGrace

Has to be unchanged, and yes, I’m just echoing other’s sentiments (aside from the illogical ones).

2-0 to us. ⚽️

Evo1883

Think this will be a tougher game than Saturday tbh .. but we will win 2-1

Evo1883

Looks like it will be by far our lowest attendance of the season. Lots of blue dots behind the goal. Does anyone know how many Plymouth bringing? They've not won away all season and it's a bloody long way so anything over 1K is respectable.
Club expecting 23,000

mmttww

I'd want Simms starting in place of Godden unless he's downed tools in training. Understand if we go unchanged.

SlowerThanPlatt

Close to 1500 Argyle fans will make the trip to the Midlands and those making the journey can find all the information they need below.

Great_Expectations

After the positive performance on Saturday I’m really looking forward to tomorrow. It was great to see us play more direct and offensively - if we play like that tomorrow I wouldn’t be surprised at another comfortable victory.

I would like to see Simms again as I thought he looked good against Stoke. However I wouldn’t drop any of the front three for tomorrow, so I just hope he gets a decent 30/35 minutes.

Assuming no injuries or fitness worries, the team stays the same.

Another victory and momentum continues.

And then we get the Hamer replacement and COH gets match fit and it’s Operation Premier League!

harvey098

If you take Godden out of that strike force there will be almost zero movement up top. It’s his own movement that creates the chance for Haji for our first.

He’s the sort of player that fans who just watch the ball will dislike for not being in the game enough when actually what he’s doing is just as important.

Attachments

• 12C57E16-BB1D-44FA-A660-A4C507A4891A.gif
    12C57E16-BB1D-44FA-A660-A4C507A4891A.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 45

Sky Blue Harry H

We sound like the Millwall fans before they played us, so to ensure we win, i;ll preict 0-4 to the Pilgrims!

Don't think it looks all that bad - hopefully Saturday's win will help a few extra to make the effort. May be a thermals/extra layer night. Fair play to any Plymouth fans making that trek midweek.

mark_ccfc

Have you seen Plymouths results for the last two months, they have beaten Norwich 6-2 and sheff weds and blackburn 3-0, however they have taken a few beatings and shipped a lot of goals. If we can keep our defense tight I think they are relatively easy to score against. I think we are on for a win prediction 2-0 city, Godden, Wright.

fernandopartridge

If you take Godden out of that strike force there will be almost zero movement up top. It’s his own movement that creates the chance for Haji for our first.

He’s the sort of player that fans who just watch the ball will dislike for not being in the game enough when actually what he’s doing is just as important.
What drivel, movement isn't just sprinting away from the ball. Wright was playing on the left of 3 up front yet for the first goal he's on the right.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AOM

Sick Boy

They've not won away all season
Oh Great Smh GIF by NBC

Greggs

Shagged a bird from Plymouth once, not one with feathers, but she did have beady little eyes. True story. I came twice, she didn't. 2-0 City

EalingSB

Godden’s header in the middle of the park to Eccles, who then created the opening Wright one-on-one, was superb. I went with a mate who supports Chelsea and he thought Godden was very good.

Users who are viewing this thread