Match Thread Coventry City - Middlesbrough Match Thread - Saturday 12th Aug (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

What 'deer in the headlights act'? When has he ever been like that? Baffling comment.
First times he played for the first team. He has come on leaps and bounds since them but I thought today his composure and confidence had gone up another notch again which is fantastic to see.

CDK

Gus who?Palmer and Eccles the corner takers now those 2 backed them up with wonderful performances,Haji Wright superb cameo.
Team looks quality already with more talent to come in.

hill83

Only mental bit of the day. The change they had done to the seats. My seat is sky blue now instead of dark blue. Fair enough. But they didn’t change the seat numbers. Few people didn’t have a clue where to sit.

covcity4life

Great start to our home campaign. We could easily be sitting here with 6 points from two tough games. It's been a good start overall

Really happy with first 30 mins and our passing play and ball retention. I like playing out from back. Second half we got pressed more and perhaps lacked ideas to work the ball out. Jay da Silva struggled a little second half in that respect lati too.

There only chances came from two fuck ups form us. Nothing other than that though.

Sheaf really stepped up second half. Him and Eccles worked socks off and won the ball back all the time.

Palmer plays some sublime stuff. That heel flick!

MVE was improved and I expect that to continue

Simms didn't have a great game. He just needs more time imo. Wright should prob start ahead of him next time out.

Saka looks like he is championship quality for sure which is positive.

Godden was MOTM. I've gone on record as syaing I want Simms wright as the partnership for majority of games but if he plays like this won't see any complaints from me.

We're a good team regardless but if we get the 3-4 remaining signings right we can really target promotion

PUSB

Calista

I have been reading the Hamer thread through my fingers for the last couple of days, cringing at all the grieving and doom mongering.

Hopefully this game was a reminder that we have loads of fine players all over the pitch, including the ones we've brought in this summer.

Tea & Busquets

I have been reading the Hamer thread through my fingers for the last couple of days, cringing at all the grieving and doom mongering.

Hopefully this game was a reminder that we have loads of fine players all over the pitch, including the ones we've brought in this summer.
And the ones yet to be brought in

shmmeee

What 'deer in the headlights act'? When has he ever been like that? Baffling comment.

Yeah he has. Same an van Ewijk right now TBH. Some young players take a while to get their confidence and look like they belong at the level.

Calista

First times he played for the first team. He has come on leaps and bounds since them but I thought today his composure and confidence had gone up another notch again which is fantastic to see.
So today he dropped his deer in the headlights act from years ago? Eccles just looked like Eccles to me today i.e. he was great

David O'Day

Don’t suppose anyone is able to share the lyrics to that Sakamoto song?
When you score, you make the city sing, saka on the wing, sakamoto on the wing

Every time you're on the ball we know, there's gonna be a goal, our superstar from Tokyo

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

HadjiChippo

Godden was MOTM. I've gone on record as syaing I want Simms wright as the partnership for majority of games but if he plays like this won't see any complaints from me.

I want to see Wright/Simms just to see if it could work. Might end up being a disaster but Simms link up and hold up play is good, and Haji has the physical attributes to make it work. Honestly think it’d scare most defences shitless, neither Leicester or Middlesbrough could do anything with him.

But as you say, Godden won’t be dropped whilst playing like today.

SkyblueTexan

Clean sheet was the most pleasing part at the end of it all. Start Saka and Wright, drop MVE and Simms to the bench and I think we have our strongest 11 there. Swansea away next will be tough and somewhat of a bogey team, but at least they don't have Russel Martin at the helm. Hope we can get the first away win of the season.

skyblu3sk

So today he dropped his deer in the headlights act from years ago? Eccles just looked like Eccles to me today i.e. he was great
I didn't mean specifically today I just meant he's really progressing as a player and looked even more confident today, possibly bad choice of words but nothing to get your panties too much in a bunch over. I think he's probably one of the most improved players over the last 8 months or so.

RoboCCFC90

Brilliant result.

This is what happens when you take your chances. I believe we should have had more as well.

If we continue to take our chances when we are on top in games then we will be absolutely fine. Defensively we are sound enough to manage games. There are a few things we can improve all round, but the platform is very good.

*Add to this, Boro were shite.

oldfiver

Judge Judy GIF

Users who are viewing this thread