Match Thread Coventry City - Middlesbrough Match Thread - Saturday 12th Aug (3 Viewers)

David O'Day

MvE looks like someone who is used to playing rb in a 4 who is still learning rwb

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Ccfcisparks

He really looks a player. Disciplined in defence, knew when to run with the ball, knew when to put a foot through it, was really impressed.
Extremely exciting. Thought 1mil seemed to much to pay for a 1 trick pony, he seems to have a lot of good qualities. He did extremely well putting the Boro striker off when he basically had an open goal.

Tommo1993

Honestly we can’t get on VE’s back too early, once he gets up to full fitness I can see him being a real handful. You can see he is reluctant to go past 1 on 1 at the minute and it’s limiting his game

Tbf I think my early disappointment for MVE has been brought on by his socks. Wearing socks that way just screams “I’ll be banging out tekkers from the off”. And he hasn’t yet. I blame the socks.

Brighton Sky Blue

The opposition’s turn this time to miss sitters but considering the last minute Hamer sale and that these players aren’t quite up to speed yet, strong performance. Sheaf and Eccles excellent in the middle, McF commanding at the back and the forwards taking their chances.

Gibbo

Last season, Eccles looked very handy in a DMF role (when Sheaf was out). I was always puzzled as to why everybody saw him as an attacking midfielder. With two strikers now, midfield can only be three - so Sheaf, Eccles with Palmer / O'Hare in front.

skyblu3sk

Godden great game today, fair play trying to stamp his place in the team. Simms very very quiet. Wright looks like he has a lot of pace but may need to build stamina to go with it. Tats did nicely when he came on and looked stronger in the tackle than I expected. Sheaf did brilliantly but still has that frustrating mistake in his game that will hold him back from being as successful as Hamer unless he sorts it. Defence in general looks strong especially Fadz and Thomas. Eccles did really well today dropped his deer in the headlights act looking like he belongs!

Martin180

Last season, Eccles looked very handy in a DMF role (when Sheaf was out). I was always puzzled as to why everybody saw him as an attacking midfielder. With two strikers now, midfield can only be three - so Sheaf, Eccles with Palmer / O'Hare in front.
He was being written off by some clowns on here yesterday . He’s no Hamer but he’s a solid top end championship midfielder who is still improving

covmutley

COH to come back, will undoubtedly sign more. The squad will be far stronger than last season, when robins really didn't want to use subs.

And I think that other Binks, all players in today's squad are our players. Think that says a lot. We're progressing!!

lifeskyblue

All round good performance. Eccles best game so far, Godden rejuvenated and Fadz just getting better with age. Sloppy period mid way through second half but still battled for everything. Think Lati will get a couple reds this season and both simms and Van Ewjik need a bit more confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin180

All round good performance. Eccles best game so far, Godden rejuvenated and Fadz just getting better with age. Sloppy period mid way through second half but still battled for everything. Think Lati will get a couple refs this season and both simms and Van Ewjik need a bit more confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hes very aggressive , a proper battler

Tommo1993

£4.70 for a pie nearly half the size of what they used to be was a bit of a blow.

Back to the ‘never buy food/drink in the ground’ mindset.

Users who are viewing this thread