Match Thread Coventry City - Middlesbrough Match Thread - Saturday 12th Aug (2 Viewers)

stupot07

Get in. Today was a must win, and a win is what we got.

Ben Sheaf MOTM best player on the pitch by a mile.

Carrick won't last long, Boro were terrible.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

Professional performance and you can see all the signs of a lot of positives.

More new players to come in as well.

HadjiChippo

Said it after last weeks game aswell but Haji is an absolute unit, he’s got it all.

hopefully Wrights form puts the pressure on Simms to kick on and show what he can do

Martin180

Quality all over the park , quality on the bench , Robins said 3-4 incoming , what a time to be a sky blue

Macca

Sheaf immense, Godden proving us wrong again. Sloppy at times but a nice win to settle is down. Wright is going to score a few

Ian1779

More depth? We're inferior at the back, in midfield and have 2 unproven expensive forwards. Give it a rest. The delusion is sickly.
Press Conference Kermit GIF

Mr Panda

Godden with the headlines but Sheaf with the overall performance in the end.

McFadz best in the first half

CCFCSteve

important win today to suppress the meltdown and feels there’s a lot more to come from this team once the new lads have bedded in. Sheaf and Eccles very good in midfield and Godden lively up top

covmark

That was a great, much needed win after the shit week we've had. We look like a solid side, and if what Robins says about getting in a few more players is correct, then despite some of the complete bedwetting of the last 24 hours on here. We could have a really good season.

Garlana86

Great result, good performance. So many positives, only negative is, if they had a decent forward line we'd have had a real game on our hands, two easy chances missed by them.

Tats was great when attacking, wright is an absolute beast, jury's still out on Simms and very happy for Godden.

Sky Blue Pete

Glad they were so rubbish
Needed more energy up front and simms and palmer going off sorted it

Sakamoto best of the new lot
Back 3 so good on the ball
Great for wright to get off the mark
No way godden gets the third

steve101

Great result, though I don't think we will face many teams as poor as Middlesbrough.
Wright looks sharp and quick. Him and Godden look good together. Eccles and Sheaf excellent.
Good use of subs today. Kelly and Bidwell did what was needed defensively.

Paul Anthony

From what I've seen these first couple of games, there's a lot of exciting potential in this team. Clearly a few players not up to full speed yet, but once we are I think we're going to have quite a team on our hands, especially if there's more to come in.

Martin180

Honestly we can’t get on VE’s back too early, once he gets up to full fitness I can see him being a real handful. You can see he is reluctant to go past 1 on 1 at the minute and it’s limiting his game
He gets in dangerous areas , at times in the first half he was the furthest player forward . Very exciting player

Users who are viewing this thread