Match Thread Coventry City - Mansfield Town Match Thread - Saturday 11th Nov (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

It's every match he is telling people they are wrong and he didn't even go. It's getting embarassing, even when multiple people who went and saw things first hand tell him the same thing.

Even people who watch games back, obviously not as good as what somebody who was listening to the radio said during the game.

Obsessed with some imaginary striker that scores ever header, outpaces every defender and converts every chance in League 2.

I did say repeatedly I didn’t want to answer your question as it would pages and pages as it is every time of the same old thing.
You don’t think my opinion is valid on the games I personally could go to.
You don’t think the strikers are the problem but the chances that are created for them.
I do think my opinion is valid as I do watch games when I can, 3 this season so far. I mostly listen to the match when I can’t. I read the reports and I read on here.
I happen to think the strikers themselves are the problem.
Don’t see why you can’t just say I disagree with you, instead you have to turn it into pages can and pages of bollox. That I kept trying to avoid by saying what’s the point right at the beginning as it’s always going to come down to the above.
For the sake of everyone else we should just agree to disagree until one of us is proven to be wrong.

Grendel

I did say repeatedly I didn’t want to answer your question as it would pages and pages as it is every time of the same old thing.
You don’t think the strikers are the problem but the chances that are created for them.
I do think my opinion is valid as I do go to games when I can, 3 this season so far. I mostly listen to the match when I can’t. I read the reports and I read on here.
Don’t see why you can’t just say I disagree with you, instead you have to turn it into pages can and pages of bollox. That I kept trying to avoid by saying what’s the point right at the beginning as it’s always going to come down to the above.
For the sake of everyone else we should just agree to disagree until one of us is proven to be wrong.

How many attempts at goal do you think a good striker needs to score one a game?

Nick

Administrator
I do think my opinion is valid as I do go to games when I can, 3 this season so far. I mostly listen to the match when I can’t. I read the reports and I read on here.

It isn't pages of bollocks and it isn't just me telling you the same thing. Multiple people in this thread have told you we don't create enough.

I asked you to list them to see what you were counting as chances when you said we had loads, considering you were counting things like overhit through balls as chances it's no wonder you think we have loads. You keep telling people their views are wrong who were there and saw it with their own eyes, some who have watched the game back as well in full based on live text and what you read in match reports. You don't get the full context there, the same as on the radio when the commentators get excited when we get in the opposition half.

Fair enough if you don't go to games, lots of people don't make them every week. They aren't on here every week telling people who were that they are wrong about everything they have just seen. Most of what you are saying isn't even borderline difference of opinion either, it is as if you have no idea how to link up things you say to what happens on the pitch.

It's simple, try to have half a clue what you are talking about before trying to patronise others or tell them they are wrong. I don't watch Cricket, hence I am not in the cricket threads telling them they are all wrong about it.

singers_pore

The bottom line here is that Duck and Jones are good players whereas.McNulty and Biamou are not good enough. If you cant see that then you are really stupid. You can argue about chances blah blah as long as you want. It doesn’t alter the bottom line.

Just ask yourself the following question. Would we score more with two new players like Jones and Duck or would we score more with two new players like McNulty and Biamou. If you think it’s the latter then you need to give your head a wobble.

covcity4life

He is still very naive but at least he was there to miss them
Agreed but mcnulty gets pelters for missing shots, yet he has to be in those positions too

Also ponticelli wa a passenger for majority of sat. Mcnulty gets more invovled. Both can play their part

clint van damme

Agreed but mcnulty gets pelters for missing shots, yet he has to be in those positions too

Also ponticelli wa a passenger for majority of sat. Mcnulty gets more invovled. Both can play their part

it's worrying that there is no consensus regarding any of our strikers as to them being any good, (Duck perhaps), which is worrying and probably points to them being a poor bunch.

Esoterica

The bottom line here is that Duck and Jones are good players whereas.McNulty and Biamou are not good enough. If you cant see that then you are really stupid. You can argue about chances blah blah as long as you want. It doesn’t alter the bottom line.

Just ask yourself the following question. Would we score more with two new players like Jones and Duck or would we score more with two new players like McNulty and Biamou. If you think it’s the latter then you need to give your head a wobble.
It's such a simplistic, myopic view on football. It doesn't take into consideration tactics, player strengths, opposition. If football for you comes down to Duck and Jones= good. McNulty and Biamou = bad then I really pity what you must get out of watching L2 games.
Jones and Duck have stood out this season because occasionally they've been able to make a goal for themselves. That's an absolute novelty at this level and they've mostly come in games against the top teams who have afforded them space. That alone doesn't make them good players though - both of them have very questionable decision making that has been to the detriment of the team mates. Add onto that how tactically inept we've been set up against sides in the bottom 8 - 2 goals scored from 6 games, then I think it's totally unfair to write off players as not good enough. We've barely played to our striker's strengths all season.

What were your ratings for Ponticelli and McNulty yesterday?

Otis

Jones is vital for us, cos he is pretty much the only one creating chances for others.

When Jones struggles, we seem to struggle.

He had a poor game on Saturday, but I would still pick him for next week.

And on McNulty, I thought he did pretty well on Saturday myself.

Legia Sky Blue

While it would be wrong to put all our hope's on Ponticelli's shoulders I'm not writing him off just yet. He's got a lot to learn still obviously and he is not going to physically match the typical League 2 defender, but he is already light years ahead of our other forwards in his positioning when the ball comes in the box, and I think he will score plenty of goals in this league. Although he had a poor overall game on Saturday, he still got in good positions to score in each half and had a goal disallowed which many on here believe shouldn't have been, all in a game where the team as a whole created very little.

Otis

While it would be wrong to put all our hope's on Ponticelli's shoulders I'm not writing him off just yet. He's got a lot to learn still obviously and he is not going to physically match the typical League 2 defender, but he is already light years ahead of our other forwards in his positioning when the ball comes in the box, and I think he will score plenty of goals in this league. Although he had a poor overall game on Saturday, he still got in good positions to score in each half and had a goal disallowed which many on here believe shouldn't have been, all in a game where the team as a whole created very little.

Yeah agree. I thought overall Ponticelli looked very raw and not quite ready for the first team, but in saying that he could have scored two on Saturday. At times he is certainly getting in the right positions to score.

Londonccfcfan

It isn't pages of bollocks and it isn't just me telling you the same thing. Multiple people in this thread have told you we don't create enough.

I asked you to list them to see what you were counting as chances when you said we had loads, considering you were counting things like overhit through balls as chances it's no wonder you think we have loads. You keep telling people their views are wrong who were there and saw it with their own eyes, some who have watched the game back as well in full based on live text and what you read in match reports. You don't get the full context there, the same as on the radio when the commentators get excited when we get in the opposition half.

Fair enough if you don't go to games, lots of people don't make them every week. They aren't on here every week telling people who were that they are wrong about everything they have just seen. Most of what you are saying isn't even borderline difference of opinion either, it is as if you have no idea how to link up things you say to what happens on the pitch.

It's simple, try to have half a clue what you are talking about before trying to patronise others or tell them they are wrong. I don't watch Cricket, hence I am not in the cricket threads telling them they are all wrong about it.

Your on different planet. We do create chances...we have 2/3 good chances a week to score. Robins ffs says every week we had enough to win.

For example games we have lost....all 6 of them we created more chances than the teams we lost against. Difference has been other teams have been more clinical than us. (or a goalkeeping error).

Vs Cambridge they had two half chances and only two but scored from practically their only shot on goal.
We had 20 odd shots but couldn’t. 12 to 16 on target but couldn’t score.

Fact is JP missed two golden opportunities to score, better than any two chances Mansfield had in the whole match.

CCFC54321

Well fucking said!

CCFC54321

This is how it’ll pan out until February....

Inconsistency will still continue and we will slowly slip to around mid way in the table.,..

The footballl will still be turgid

The strikers will continue to fire blanks and show no ability to improve...

January’s signings won’t happen and we will plod on and Fisher will tell us we’re lucky we haven’t sold anyone (Yet) but we’re all a bunch of bastards on BBC CWR for not having 33,000 every home game and pete will phone up the radio and tell him what a good job SISU are doing...

A player will then be sold and we’ll get a kid in from Derbys U23’s...

The football is now dire and the players throw the towel in (again)

The crowd turn and February Robins goes...

Otis

Inconsistency will still continue and we will slowly slip to around mid way in the table.,..

January’s signings won’t happen and we will plod on and Fisher will tell us we’re lucky we haven’t sold anyone (Yet) but we’re all a bunch of bastards on BBC CWR for not having 33,000 every home game and pete will phone up the radio and tell him what a good job SISU are doing...

Okay, so that's the optimistic side of you laid bare, now would you like to share your pessimistic stance with us all?

singers_pore

And Clive Eakin will be berating our fans on CWR because the fans are pissed off with us being at mid-table. He will no doubt claim there is every chance of us going on a run and making the playoffs and the fans are too negative.

skybluesam66

except we will have beat Lincoln, and the mood on here will be that we will win the league by 10 points and we have the best team for years, and all of our players are unsellable

Otis

For me I think that just one little piece of the jigsaw could improve our fortunes dramatically. Just need to balance the threat so it is coming from both sides, not just from Jones.

So, two speedy wide players with the ability to get the ball into dangerous areas and I think we could be flying.

Our defence is outstanding. Just need to sort out the creative side.

itsabuzzard

in which case we are in the play offs at the end of the season
I forgot to add an ellipsis, implying that there is every chance that unless we start scoring more, then we will fall away, out of the play-off spots.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Or other alternatives are that....

1) we play as we are 6thplace....remain place in 6th place. Play offs.

2)We play slightly better, improve our goalscoring and we finish in autos.

3) We go on a good run now, storm to the the top, strikers are brimming with confidence, crowds pick up bkah blah blah.

I personally believe scenario 2 or 3 is very likely.

covcity4life

our head to head vs rival is v good,we have best defence in football league

just because we are not the perfect team doesnt meanw e are not good enough. just a lil improvement in goals will see us pick up the pts run rate needed to go for autos

dongonzalos

Well that’s Harry Kane’s conversion ratio

Ah so do you want shots now to be classed as chances.
Fair enough by the stats then we get loads of chances as we have loads of shots on goals.

However if you just want chances to be occasions where someone should realistically score..,

So in 126 appearances Kane has scored 86 goals and missed 53 of what you would call proper chances.
As oppose to speculative shots from distance that you are at pains to point out isn’t really classed as chances.

I am sure a portion of his goals have come from a position that would not be normally considered a chance, ie a shot from distance.
However as you can see he doesn’t miss many decent chances and scores on average 1 from every 1.5 of decent chances
(As per the premier league statistics)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I think we a thread or a person start posting official stats after each game for us to debate about it would be handy, i can only go by match threads whats being said i rarely get watch a game online so in saying that 2 questions:

1. if we are creating enough chances why arent we converting and putting games to bed if were not creating what players arent stepping up?
2. What will MR do about it theres clearly a issue is he just out ideas or going try scrap to january window and hopefully pick up somebody make a final push.

for me were in limbo we jsut cant get a good run keep us near the top, its like one step forward 2 back

Adge

Not sure it's a case of people not stepping up-one thing we have to remember is that it is L2 and that means a lack of quality.

Grendel

Ah so do you want shots now to be classed as chances.
Fair enough by the stats then we get loads of chances as we have loads of shots on goals.

However if you just want chances to be occasions where someone should realistically score..,

So in 126 appearances Kane has scored 86 goals and missed 53 of what you would call proper chances.
As oppose to speculative shots from distance that you are at pains to point out isn’t really classed as chances.

I am sure a portion of his goals have come from a position that would not be normally considered a chance, ie a shot from distance.
However as you can see he doesn’t miss many decent chances and scores on average 1 from every 1.5 of decent chances
(As per the premier league statistics)

Nope just quoting the facts

Harry Kane Statistics | Premier League

dongonzalos

I think we a thread or a person start posting official stats after each game for us to debate about it would be handy, i can only go by match threads whats being said i rarely get watch a game online so in saying that 2 questions:

1. if we are creating enough chances why arent we converting and putting games to bed if were not creating what players arent stepping up?
2. What will MR do about it theres clearly a issue is he just out ideas or going try scrap to january window and hopefully pick up somebody make a final push.

for me were in limbo we jsut cant get a good run keep us near the top, its like one step forward 2 back

Personally I think he is just trying to get to the January window, still in striking distance of the top three.
I think he felt Mcknulty would come good.

Users who are viewing this thread