Match Thread Coventry City - Mansfield Town Match Thread - Saturday 11th Nov (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Mansfield Town match, tactics and predictions :)

Sky Blue Harry H

3 points please. Looking forward to this. McNulty and Ponticelli to lead the line with The Duck away.

oucho

Home win. Not going.

Kingokings204

A draw wouldn't be a disaster but that's me being pessimistic. A loss would be a big blow though making the draw a bit more appealing.

Got to at least go for the win and 1-0 would do me just fine.

NortonSkyBlue

Mansfield will likely come at us which suits our game. 2-0 city
It has been said that we struggle against the poorer sides that sit back and are better against the decent sides. It has also been said that This is down to tactics.
It maybe that Steve Evans is an astute manager and therefore will have studied our season to date and won't let his team be expansive and will look to stifle us like the lower sides succeeded in doing?

Liquid Gold

It has been said that we struggle against the poorer sides that sit back and are better against the decent sides. It has also been said that This is down to tactics.
It maybe that Steve Evans is an astute manager and therefore will have studied our season to date and won't let his team be expansive and will look to stifle us like the lower sides succeeded in doing?
I've heard that Mansfield fans are a bit restless and feel they should be performing better so if he sits back with 2 banks of 4 on the edge of the box then he will get some stick form their fans. For that reason alone I doubt he'd play that way.

Sky Blue Harry H

Looking forwards to this. Would expect Ponticelli to get another start, especially as has been said, Nazon being away.

2-1. Ponticelli and Vincenti, followed by a takeaway pizza on the way home, to complete the Italian flavoured day.

Like it - Ponticelli sounds Italian, and Vincenti looks like the leaning Tower of Pisa !

bringbackrattles

Can't wait for this going to be an open game with the Sky Blues winning 2-0. Can't beat a Saturday game, with some pre- match lagers, and the jukebox playing some classic rock tracks.

Londonccfcfan

Their manager under huge pressure, spent lots of money, were along with luton joint favorites for the title.

They have had a moderate start but have started to improve results snd performances of late.

Should be another very tight game. 2-1, to the sky blues.

wingy

Looking forwards to this. Would expect Ponticelli to get another start, especially as has been said, Nazon being away.

2-1. Ponticelli and Vincenti, followed by a takeaway pizza on the way home, to complete the Italian flavoured day.
Wash it down with a nice glass of Montipulciano d'abbruzzo or failing that Valpocella.

Last edited:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Like it - Ponticelli sounds Italian, and Vincenti looks like the leaning Tower of Pisa !
And Vincenti plays like the Leaning Tower of Pisa .
giphy.gif

johnwillomagic

Think we will probably line up exactly like at Luton assuming Kelly is fit.

Burge GK
Grimmer RB
Haynes LB
Willis CB
MacDonald CB
Kelly CM
Doyle CM
Jones LM
Vincenti RM
Ponticelli ST
McNulty ST

Subs: O'Brien, Stokes, Davies, Stevenson, Shipley, Biamou, Beavon.

Plumping for a narrow 1-0 win to us but think it will be very tight game!

Ranjit Bhurpa

Hmmm difficult one to call. Mansfield only 1 away league win out of 8 and have drawn 4. They have already played away against 4 teams beginning with the letter C and not won any of them, so on that scientific basis alone, I'm going for a City win 2-1. Broadway Danny Rose not on the scoresheet just like matey boy Collins from Luton, City defence up to the task again.

Londonccfcfan

Just listened to Steve Evans press conference.

Two things stood from it that I was very surprised to hear....

1) He knows Tim Fisher very well he said....I mean how?
2) He said Coventry nipped in and signed 2/3 players ahead of them. That’s really interesting and shows our budget compares to the big spenders in this league in terms of wages.

wingy

Just listened to Steve Evans press conference.

Two things stood from it that I was very surprised to hear....

1) He knows Tim Fisher very well he said....I mean how?
2) He said Coventry nipped in and signed 2/3 players ahead of them. That’s really interesting and shows our budget compares to the big spenders in this league in terms of wages.

Wasn't he heavily linked with us for weeks before Slade came?

Users who are viewing this thread