Match Thread Coventry City - Mansfield Town Match Thread - Saturday 11th Nov (3 Viewers)

dongonzalos

So you aren't going to list them all then? You keep banging on the same about how there are so many but never seem to want to discuss them.

Because the last time I did....

You then told me that other people had already mentioned them before. (There’s a surprise)
Then you told me I should put them in screen shots (why, do I have to do that)
Then you told me that I was just talking about chances that other people had discussed (yes I had)
Then when I also pointed out that a confident ruthless striker would both create and get more chances ( you told me I was wrong)
You then told me my opinion was pretty much invalid as I wasn’t there ( I listened in the radio, watched the highlights and read the reports)

So excuse me if I don’t fancy doing all that again

Nick

Administrator
Because the last time I did....

You then told me that other people had already mentioned them before. (There’s a surprise)
Then you told me I should put them in screen shots (why, do I have to do that)
Then you told me that I was just talking about chances that other people had discussed (yes I had)
Then when I also pointed out that a confident ruthless striker would both create and get more chances ( you told me I was wrong)
You then told me my opinion was pretty much invalid as I wasn’t there ( I listened in the radio, watched the highlights and read the reports)

So excuse me if I don’t fancy doing all that again

It takes you longer to type this sort of nonsense than actually naming the chances we created.

You still didn't name them from the other games, you just tried to quote others when you had no idea on the context of the comments.

It's simple, you keep saying we created lots. Name all of the chances we created against Mansfield. I'm not asking for essays.

steve82

After being away for a few weeks Saturday was the first game back for me prior to the Luton game.

Beginning to think I'm the jinx. Not seen the city score since the freak goal v Crewe.

We're still In touch with the pack but I can see us dropping out the play off picture for a few weeks with tricky games coming up at Lincoln and Stevenage.

clint van damme

It's funny how we seem to have more chances and goals when The Duck is playing. You seem not to realize that many goals are created by strikers themselves. It's relatively rare for goals to be scored on a plate, which it seems how you define a "chance". I am sure if you look back at the goals we have scored this season, you would not have classed them as "good chances" if they had not actually gone in the net.

How about the Mansfield goal yesterday? Would you have called that a chance if it had missed or been saved? No, I don't think so.

and he is potentially only here for another 9 games which is a bit worrying.

dongonzalos

Why do you just keep posting links like that as if it proves people wrong? Game after game you just keep proving you have no idea.

Why not name what we actually created to prove him wrong if you want to do that? Rather than telling him he is wrong but you weren't actually there and didn't even listen so in reality have no idea.

At least we got there a bit quicker this time.
Saved us both 7 pages worth of posting tennis for you to conclude this anyway.
The link was in response to Grendel stating what Mark Robins said.
The link is what he said I didn’t need to be there to send him that.
Oh and it partly proves him right not wrong . He did feel we should have won.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
At least we go there a bit quicker this time.
Saved us both 7 pages worth of posting tennis for you to conclude this anyway.
The link was in response to Grendel stating what Mark Robins said.
The link is what he said I didn’t need to be there to send him that.

What point are you actually trying to make?

There is no posting tennis, it's just you failing to ever hit the ball back but standing about for ages trying to explain why you can't hit the ball and posting links to random articles that still don't do anything.

Name all of these chances we created, it's not a hard question when you repeatedly say we create plenty.

dongonzalos

What point are you actually trying to make?

There is no posting tennis, it's just you failing to ever hit the ball back but standing about for ages trying to explain why you can't hit the ball.

Name all of these chances we created, it's not a hard question when you repeatedly say we create plenty.

My point which I have made since the summer signings were concluded was that we needed then and still need now to sign a ruthless striker.
I believe this team may scrape into the play offs if it stays as it stands.
With a ruthless striker I think this team would be a top three side.
Ponti might be the answer, his form for the Under 18’s Under 23’s and his movement suggests he might. The question now is can he translate that instinctive finishing to the senior team. He will get chances because of his movement but can he finish them?
If not then come January if we sign the right striker we will be in the automatics.
If we sign the right winger and striker we could win the league.
If we just sign the right winger we will be in the play offs.

It’s just my opinion one that you will discount because I have to work a lot of weekends at the moment so often have to listen to the commentary, supposed experts, the manager, other fans, read match reports and watch extended highlights.
However it’s still just my opinion.

Nick

Administrator
My point which I have made since the summer signings were concluded was that we needed then and still need now to sign a ruthless striker.
I believe this team may scrape into the play offs if it stays as it stands.
With a ruthless striker I think this team would be a top three side.
Ponti might be the answer, his form for the Under 18’s Under 23’s and his movement suggests he might. The question now is can he translate that instinctive finishing to the senior team. He will get chances because of his movement but can he finish them?
If not then come January if we sign the right striker we will be in the automatics.
If we sign the right winger and striker we could win the league.
If we just sign the right winger we will be in the play offs.

It’s just my opinion one that you will discount because I have to work a lot of weekends at the moment so often have to listen to the commentary, supposed experts, the manager, other fans, read match reports and watch extended highlights.
However it’s still just my opinion.

No, I discount it because you don't ever back it up when you try to tell others they are wrong about a game they saw first hand, while you use third hand comments you have no idea the context of.

You still haven't named all of these chances we created the other day? Are you going to or not?

dongonzalos

No, I discount it because you don't ever back it up when you try to tell others they are wrong about a game they saw first hand, while you use third hand comments you have no idea the context of.

You still haven't named all of these chances we created the other day? Are you going to or not?

Not sure how many times I have to tell you I am not going to.
As eventually you will just say your opinion doesn't count as you were not there.
Oh and just in case you missed it again, and again and again
No I am not going to.

Nick

Administrator
Not sure how many times I have to tell you I am not going to.
As eventually you will just say your opinion doesn't count as you were not there.
Oh and just in case you missed it again, and again and again
No I am not going to.

I am just asking for you to back up what you keep going on about, you have said we created chances. I am asking you which ones.

Why is it so complicated? Why would you rather spend the time typing out essays rather than just backing up what you keep banging on about, just proving you haven't actually got a clue anyway.

It's really strange.

Otis

What did you think about Steve Evans saying we created no chances?
Well he was wrong too. ;) Think he said he couldn't remember any. Ponticelli definitely had a chance early on, but hit it straight at the keeper and then had another good chance at the end, again blocked by the keeper. We didn't have much else besides that. Biamou's header from the corner cleared off the line?

dongonzalos

I am just asking for you to back up what you keep going on about, you have said we created chances. I am asking you which ones.

Why is it so complicated? Why would you rather spend the time typing out essays rather than just backing up what you keep banging on about, just proving you haven't actually got a clue anyway.

It's really strange.

It’s not complicated it’s really easy. It’s the merry go round that follows that is boring (for everyone else) and predictable. I was trying to avoid as I keep telling you
However you still just keep replying saying ‘are you going to list the chances then’. So it’s starting to make no difference and we are doing what I was trying to avoid anyway!

Tell you what let’s do it all in this one post so everyone can just read a normal thread without two people having pages worth of the most pointless debate in the world.

List....

Straight away Kelly sending McNulty clear. Mansfield keeper off his line quick to deal with it.
Jones free kick, Ponti hitting the keeper.
McNulty’s shot from just outside the area.
Jones cutting inside hitting a shot at the keeper.
Their defenders weak header back that Mcnulty ran onto and forced a save.
Ponti scores (offside)

2nd half
Doyle in the box good defending by Byrom snuffs our the chance
Biamou’s header cleared off the line.
Ponti through one on one with the keeper. Keeper saves.

Nick ...

You weren’t there, some of those chances aren’t chances. You cant include the keeper getting to the ball before McNulty. Doyle got tackled that’s not a chance. It’s not that many chances, you would know that if you were there.

Me....
It’s enough chances to score a goal. Plus with the right striker we would get more chances better ones.

Nick
Prove it, no you wouldn’t it’s still the same players creating it.

Me ...

I can’t prove it as we have to sign that striker. He would create chances himself and his movement would create other chances

Nick ...

You weren’t there you opinion counts for nothing

Me...

Thanks

Can we leave at this one post now rather than 7 pages

Nick

Administrator
But you go to all the effort of writing essays rather than just listing chances in a simple list, maybe even bullet points.

I am asking for actual chances, an overhit through ball isn't a chance is it? It's not something created. If you know I am going to say an overhit pass isn't a chance, why list it and not just stick to actual chances?

This is why I ask you to list chances, as you fail to see the context of them and don't really understand what has happened.

It's exactly why trying to tell people they are wrong when they have seen it when you are scouring for live text where you can't see the context or what happens makes you look silly.

You have tried to list all of those as chances to back up your "we created loads" nonsense. You post repetitively about the same thing but time and time again when it comes down to it, it shows you don't have the foggiest what's going on during games to back up what you say.

Last edited:

ceetee

It's funny how we seem to have more chances and goals when The Duck is playing. You seem not to realize that many goals are created by strikers themselves. It's relatively rare for goals to be scored on a plate, which it seems how you define a "chance". I am sure if you look back at the goals we have scored this season, you would not have classed them as "good chances" if they had not actually gone in the net.

How about the Mansfield goal yesterday? Would you have called that a chance if it had missed or been saved? No, I don't think so.

Well lets go back to the last league game where we scored, Luton

Goal 1 Jones crosses from the left, McNulty scores with a header
Goal 2 Biamou (yes, Biamou) plays a through ball to McNulty who is brought down. We score directly from thr free kick
Goal 3 Biamou (yes, Biamou) wins the ball in mid-field and plays a diagonal through ball to Nazon who scores. OK Nazon was a bit lucky as he took too many touches, but that doesn't detract from the quality of the pass.

Esoterica

It’s not complicated it’s really easy. It’s the merry go round that follows that is boring (for everyone else) and predictable. I was trying to avoid as I keep telling you
However you still just keep replying saying ‘are you going to list the chances then’. So it’s starting to make no difference and we are doing what I was trying to avoid anyway!

Tell you what let’s do it all in this one post so everyone can just read a normal thread without two people having pages worth of the most pointless debate in the world.

List....

Straight away Kelly sending McNulty clear. Mansfield keeper off his line quick to deal with it.
Ponti scores (offside)

2nd half

Nick ...

You weren’t there, some of those chances aren’t chances. You cant include the keeper getting to the ball before McNulty. Doyle got tackled that’s not a chance. It’s not that many chances, you would know that if you were there.

Me....
It’s enough chances to score a goal. Plus with the right striker we would get more chances better ones.

Nick

Me ...

I can’t prove it as we have to sign that striker. He would create chances himself and his movement would create other chances

Nick ...

Me...

Thanks

You missed the one where their keeper scuffed his clearance and Kelly had the golden opportunity to put it into the top corner from 50 yards but chose to pass instead. If only he'd have been more ruthless.

dongonzalos

But you go to all the effort of writing essays rather than just listing chances in a simple list, maybe even bullet points.

I am asking for actual chances, an overhit through ball isn't a chance is it? It's not something created.

This is why I ask you to list chances, as you fail to see the context of them and don't really understand what has happened.

It's exactly why trying to tell people they are wrong when they have seen it when you are scouring for live text where you can't see the context or what happens makes you look silly.

You have tried to list all of those as chances to back up your "we created loads" nonsense. You post repetitively about the same thing but time and time again when it comes down to it, it shows you don't have the foggiest what's going on during games to back up what you say.

As predicted

dongonzalos

You missed the one where their keeper scuffed his clearance and Kelly had the golden opportunity to put it into the top corner from 50 yards but chose to pass instead. If only he'd have been more ruthless.

Ah silliness time.
Usually happens about now.
To be fair on Kelly’s last effort from that kind of distance there could actually be some truth in your sarcasm.

Nick

Administrator
As predicted

It's not predicting anything is it?

You have clearly listed things that weren't actual chances of a goal to make it look like we missed loads of sitters. You really aren't understanding the context of live text and thinking that things are chances, when anybody at the game will tell you they really weren't.

So yes, it does make it look like you have no idea which was more predictable than anything.

Nick

Administrator
Well lets go back to the last league game where we scored, Luton

Goal 1 Jones crosses from the left, McNulty scores with a header
Goal 2 Biamou (yes, Biamou) plays a through ball to McNulty who is brought down. We score directly from thr free kick
Goal 3 Biamou (yes, Biamou) wins the ball in mid-field and plays a diagonal through ball to Nazon who scores. OK Nazon was a bit lucky as he took too many touches, but that doesn't detract from the quality of the pass.

Yep, Biamou split their defence open twice to create goals.

Nick

Administrator
Ah silliness time.
Usually happens about now.
To be fair on Kelly’s last effort from that kind of distance there could actually be some truth in your sarcasm.

Why are you trying to patronise? It's really weird, it's as if you don't realise you have no clue what you are talking about.

Moff

List....

Ponti scores (offside)

2nd half

Nick ...

Me....

Nick

Me ...

Nick ...

Me...

Thanks

"Can we leave at this one post now rather than 7 pages"

If you felt like that why have you felt the need to engage for 7 pages. You and Nick need to stop.

In my humble opinion you can watch the highlights all you want, read as many match reports but they don't give the whole picture as they are edited.
If you want the whole picture and to argue this point every game, it would be easier if you watched the whole game live.
I wasn't there either, and so in all honesty like you wont know about all the chances that those that attended saw.

dongonzalos

It's not predicting anything is it?

You have clearly listed things that weren't actual chances of a goal to make it look like we missed loads of sitters. You really aren't understanding the context of live text and thinking that things are chances, when anybody at the game will tell you they really weren't.

So yes, it does make it look like you have no idea which was more predictable than anything.

I did nothing if the sort you asked me to list our chances. I merely did as you asked and listed our chances.
You have incorrectly assumed that I am not aware that Kelly's pass may have been over hit. However you could also argue that the keeper reacted very quickly and did well. Nether the less it was still a chance.

The ones of those chances where we should have expected a goal (if that’s what you wanted) was was both of Ponti’s and arguably Biamou’s but to be fair to Biamou the rest of our team wouldn’t have turned that into a header on target anyway. However should we expect a goal from it arguably yes.

So now I have listed the chances abd the ones I feel we should reasonably hope for a goal from.

What is your point and how does me listing that alter my point that a All round better striker will put them away and create more either by himself or through his movement?
Ponti is already getting better chances than others through his movement it’s just a crying shame he didn’t finish them.

dongonzalos

It's no sillier than including overhit through balls and offsides. You've padded your list of chances with absolute rubbish to support your fantasy.

Nope I was repeatedly just asked to list the chances so I listed them. I didn’t cherry pick. I didn’t grade them I just simply listed them.

Nick

Administrator
I did nothing if the sort you asked me to list our chances. I merely did as you asked and listed our chances.
You have incorrectly assumed that I am not aware that Kelly's pass may have been over hit. However you could also argue that the keeper reacted very quickly and did well. Nether the less it was still a chance.

The ones of those chances where we should have expected a goal (if that’s what you wanted) was was both of Ponti’s and arguably Biamou’s but to be fair to Biamou the rest of our team wouldn’t have turned that into a header on target anyway. However should we expect a goal from it arguably yes.

So now I have listed the chances abd the ones I feel we should reasonably hope for a goal from.

What is your point and how does me listing that alter my point that a All round better striker will put them away and create more either by himself or through his movement?
Ponti is already getting better chances than others through his movement it’s just a crying shame he didn’t finish them.

Because half of them weren't chances... Unless this striker you dream of is faster than Bolt and amazing in the air. He is also finishing every chance he gets even that chance is an overhit pass.

The only actual chances we would expect to score from were Ponticelli's. Biamou's was a chance, but not really one that would be expected to score every time.

So, after all of the nonsense and your list we created 2 decent chances all game and Biamou's header where he did well but it wasn't a good enough chance to expect a goal every time. In League 2, strikers will need more than 2 chances per goal.

It's simple, we need to create a lot more for the strikers.

Esoterica

Nope I was repeatedly just asked to list the chances so I listed them. I didn’t cherry pick. I didn’t grade them I just simply listed them.
You didn't just list chances though. How is an offisde a chance? You're including it as a chance on what grounds? That if Ponticelli timed his run better it could have been a goal? That if the officiating was a better standard it might have been a goal? If you don't want people to pick you up on things don't constantly flirt with the ridiculous.

clint van damme

We can argue all day about how many we have created and what constitutes a chance but we simply haven't created enough chances in several home games this season including the last 3.
Robins needs to address it urgently.

Users who are viewing this thread