Coventry city fans (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

It really isn't. Nobody else gives a shit. Just as I didn't give a shit when Wigan fans spilled onto the pitch at Chesterfield after a late goal early in the season. I'd be more embarrassed if I followed a club where away fans sat in silence and where goal celebrations were muted personally.

Fair enough if you think it's such a great reason for celebration

theferret

Fair enough if you think it's such a great reason for celebration

Any city goal is a cause for great celebration surely? I like the fact we can go apeshit at a division 3 away game. The alternative is to hold it all in until we apparently have something 'worth' celebrating. We may have to wait a while then.

M&B Stand

It's against the law for a reason.

Why do people always run forward into the space at the front where usually children and disabled have been positioned.
Really gets my goat as most have no regards for the people in that area.
Sometimes you need to grow up and think. The players, management and most fans don't want it.

Yeah, because when Maddison sticks a free kick in the top left bin in the last minute to rescue the game, the first thing on your mind should be football league rules. So what a few people who'd had a few sherbets went ape, fair play to them.

Hadji10

The Chesterfield stewards have to take some blame aswell. I could understand if 1 or 2 got on the pitch but it was literally about a good 30-40

Sorry what?? What are they meant to do? How would you stop blokes running on the pitch full of adrenaline without causing a riot. Have a word. Our fans are fucking morons.

chiefdave

Sorry what?? What are they meant to do? How would you stop blokes running on the pitch full of adrenaline without causing a riot. Have a word. Our fans are fucking morons.

Agree, in a case like yesterday where they clearly weren't going on to cause trouble best to let them go on and then get herd them off. Saying that the speed of steward response to the keeper having a fan in his face was poor.

Joelly

Nothing wrong with fans spilling onto the pitch for less than a minute like yesterday, some people really need to lighten up and stop getting so wound up about something so small

smileycov

Facebook User
That's the thing; a pitch invasion away at Chesterfield after a late equaliser is embarrassing.

of course it isn't. They are in the same league as us, were all league 1. some people still think were a prem side, were not. We celebrated a goal scored in the league were in and at the end of the season every point gained will be vital!

Adge

Sorry but but I disagree. Yes the young lad should get a ban and cannot justify people going on the pitch.
However, if I were that lad I would take action against the keeper for assault, he has no right to throw him to the ground like that.
I'd be making a complaint at least if I was that guy aswell. I too was celebrating the goal and was in row C and with a surge from behind ended up on the pitch side. Lifetime ban for me too I guess?

Nick

Administrator
I'd be making a complaint at least if I was that guy aswell. I too was celebrating the goal and was in row C and with a surge from behind ended up on the pitch side. Lifetime ban for me too I guess?
Complaint to who? seriously?

SkyblueBazza

Yeah, because when Maddison sticks a free kick in the top left bin in the last minute to rescue the game, the first thing on your mind should be football league rules. So what a few people who'd had a few sherbets went ape, fair play to them.
My son was a pretty good swimmer. And when he won (often) I used climb down to poolside & jump in to celebrate.
Why should running on the pitch be an unacceptable way to celebrate a goal?

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Nick

Administrator
Well if he feels he was assulted, who do you think he will Co plain too?
I'll just run up to people in the street randomly and get in their face giving it loads, then cry like a bitch if they push me over. Especially if I am physically touching them.

Are people seriously thinking that's assault?

Fact is, young lad had a beer and thought he was hard as fuck and got floored when he got in the goalkeeper's face. Anybody seriously suggesting it is assault should have a word. The goalkeeper would just claim self defence.

Adge

I'll just run up to people in the street randomly and get in their face giving it loads, then cry like a bitch if they push me over. Especially if I am physically touching them.

Fact is, young lad had a beer and thought he was hard as fuck and got floored when he got in the goalkeeper's face. Anybody seriously suggesting it is assault should have a word. The goalkeeper would just claim self defence.
Really? Not sure that would stand? Did the lad attack the keeper? Not sure I saw him do anything.

Monners

The lad has been nicked and will serve a ban and pay a fine. The keeper did nothing wrong - hopefully will put idiots off from runing on the pitch.

chiefdave

A spokesman for Derbyshire Police said: "Carey was allegedly one of more than 100 people who encroached on the pitch before the final whistle blew. He was the only person arrested.

CT said:
Video footage seems to show about 20 supporters invaded the pitch

Seems our lot weren't the only ones who had a few beers before the game. Derbyshire Police sound like they were having a few vision problems!

chiefdave

The law can be a bit weird with things like this. If you catch a burglar in your house and give them a whack you can find yourself up on charges, imagine this would be similar if the fan pressed charges.

SkyblueBazza

My take on all this is: -
1. It is an offence to get on the pitch...get nicked, banned & fined? Tough shit
2. Those saying the keeper over reacted...put yourself in his position. Would you wait to see if you were going get thumped or as soon as you're touched take action? He didn't exactly attack the clown did he?
3. Would these 'celebrations' have been as exuberant had we been at Milwall/Leeds/West Ham? My guess is no - why? Well, none of them would admit it...but I think it would be for fear of gauding the oppositions fans just a little too much & end up having their own space(/face) invaded either on he pitch or after the game

Gazolba

I expect the club (us) will incur a huge fine. Hope we don't have to sell Maddison to pay it.

Astute

We all know that running onto the pitch during a game is unacceptable. We all know that you can get a long ban for doing it. Would those defending such actions be defending it if it was our opponents that did it and had gone up to our GK and done the same?

rupert_bear

It is assault, it was witnessed by thousands and the lad could try and get him prosecuted. Would be interesting as I believe anybody committing a crime inside a football ground gets an automatic ban !

SkyblueBazza

It is assault, it was witnessed by thousands and the lad could try and get him prosecuted. Would be interesting as I believe anybody committing a crime inside a football ground gets an automatic ban !
Total Tosh Rupert imo.

He wasn't assaulted...he would easily get away with feeling threatened so took defensive action, or even claiming it as a Citizen's arrest.

The lad deserved what he got. A self with a keeper who he probably didn't know the name of even at that moment...he was after bragging rights to make himself look good but ended up having his nose rubbed in it!

Macca

I think it's one or the other, you can't condone the pitch invasion and condemn the keeper.
For me the pitch invasion is no big deal but you have to understand the keeper worrying for his safety and taking action.

Nick

Administrator
Behave.

There are some softies on here, the lad was on the pitch in his face, touching him. The keeper didn't know if he was going to get stabbed, punched.

The way people act is that the goalie was pummeling him.

fernandopartridge

Behave.

There are some softies on here, the lad was on the pitch in his face, touching him. The keeper didn't know if he was going to get stabbed, punched.

The way people act is that the goalie was pummeling him.
Nonsense. Your rationale would excuse any assault.

Gint11

Absolutely no reason or need to run on to the pitch. Their goalie did nothing wrong with being unexpectedly approached by a pissed up moron and as mental as I went in the stand that's as far as it should go. People got hurt, a elderly lady was taken away having been caught in the face and got flattened. Think that's funny? Imagine that's your nan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread