Coventry city fans (3 Viewers)

hill83

Everyone involved in this is a bellend. The people running on the pitch and the keeper.

Otis

Everyone involved in this is a bellend. The people running on the pitch and the keeper.
Well yep, if you remember Cyrus Christie getting booked for tripping a fan who came on the pitch. Players can't take the law into their own hands.

Understand why he did what he did, but that doesn't make it right.

Nick

Administrator
Nonsense. Your rationale would excuse any assault.
Really? He tripped him over because he was in his face going at him. How wad the goalie to know what the fan was going to do?

People are acting like the keeper has run up and whacked him in the back of the head for no reason.

hill83

That being said though, we've all had a few beers before and I've accidentally been on the pitch at Bramall Lane.

Gint11

Why's the keeper a bell end? He did what anyone would do. Doesn't make it right but he didn't batter the lad, throw 5 extra digs, he just threw him down. I thought that was fair. The only reason I would call him a bell end was because he was time wasting loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macca

Really? He tripped him over because he was in his face going at him. How wad the goalie to know what the fan was going to do?

People are acting like the keeper has run up and whacked him in the back of the head for no reason.

And if RCC would have done it to an opposition pitch invader the same people would have been patting him on the back

hill83

Why's the keeper a bell end? He did what anyone would do. Doesn't make it right but he didn't batter the lad, throw 5 extra digs, he just threw him down. I thought that was fair. The only reason I would call him a bell end was because he was time wasting loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Body slam to an away fan. Bet he loved it.

Specs WT-R75

The reality of the situation is that if the keeper _had_ been sent off we probably would have been saying he was stupid for doing it but what choice did the ref have - remember Hazard and the ball boy...

I personally think that such non-footballing matters shouldn't affect the actual game and should be dealt with after the game via disciplinary channels using the video footage etc available to make sure the correct outcome is reached. That would require common sense which is sadly lacking in the game :)

SlowerThanPlatt

Is that an arrestable offence like going on the pitch is?
No it isn't. However, the goalkeeper floored the person because he felt at threat by him. If he did it purely because of the pitch invasion then he would have attempted to sort the others out too but he never. If the goalkeeper was questioned about this he would probably say he was threatened by the person and had to act. What's stopping a football fan saying he felt threatened by a football players over celebration and acted for his safety?

letsallsingtogether

Is that an arrestable offence like going on the pitch is?
No but inciting is.
So maybe it is.

After all if a President of Shi lanka can whip people with the tail of a toxic stingray then who are we to argue.

Nick

Administrator
No it isn't. However, the goalkeeper floored the person because he felt at threat by him. If he did it purely because of the pitch invasion then he would have attempted to sort the others out too but he never. If the goalkeeper was questioned about this he would probably say he was threatened by the person and had to act. What's stopping a football fan saying he felt threatened by a football players over celebration and acted for his safety?

He felt at threat because he was on the pitch. If he hadn't gone on the pitch he wouldn't have been tripped over.

He was tripped up, he wasn't punched.

letsallsingtogether

He felt at threat because he was on the pitch. If he hadn't gone on the pitch he wouldn't have been tripped over.

Not defending him but he was picked up and slammed to the floor from the film I saw youtube.
Could have done him some real harm.

Then it would have been a different thread.

Nick

Administrator
Not defending him but he was picked up and slammed to the floor from the film I saw youtube.
Could have done him some real harm.

Then it would have been a different thread.

It wouldn't have done him any harm if he hadn't run onto the pitch and given the goalkeeper loads.

These are the types who give it loads to bouncers in clubs and give it the big one after a beer to the bouncers to show off to their mates, knowing the bouncers can't really give them a smack.

As soon as the bouncers grab them or carry them out they are shouting assault and crying like a little girl.

I'm not that old, but when I first started going out if you gave it loads to a bouncer you had to back it up.

Think he needs to man up a little bit, he ran on the pitch and got in somebodies face and he ended up on the floor. If he did that to a man in the street or a pub then he could probably expect worse. He probably wouldn't have gone up to a stranger in a pub and done that though.

pusbccfc

Shame that a fan is banned for something so silly, but rules are rules.

Despite this, I bet there will be similar celebrations at other games this season as there have been in other years... MK Dons etc.

letsallsingtogether

It wouldn't have done him any harm if he hadn't run onto the pitch and given the goalkeeper loads.

These are the types who give it loads to bouncers in clubs and give it the big one after a beer to the bouncers to show off to their mates, knowing the bouncers can't really give them a smack.

As soon as the bouncers grab them or carry them out they are shouting assault and crying like a little girl.

I'm not that old, but when I first started going out if you gave it loads to a bouncer you had to back it up.

Think he needs to man up a little bit, he ran on the pitch and got in somebodies face and he ended up on the floor. If he did that to a man in the street or a pub then he could probably expect worse. He probably wouldn't have gone up to a stranger in a pub and done that though.

Can't argue with that helped out on the doors now and again back in the day.

Nick

Administrator
Can't argue with that helped out on the doors now and again back in the day.

You see it now with scrawny little knobheads who are in the bouncer's face shouting and saying they are going to kill them etc. They are only doing it because they are stood in front of a camera and they are pretty sure the bouncer won't just launch him

dongonzalos

You run onto the pitch grab a player round the neck. The player does not know you or your intentions he has a right to defend himself.
Too many people in today's society want to blame everyone else not the actual idiot who caused the problem.
It's the stewards fault , it's the Police's fault , it the players on the pitch's fault.

SkyblueBazza

Just a thought but...are fans allowed to perform a citizens arrest on a player if they over celebrate near them?
Noooo...the law turn a blind eye to that sort of thing & let the football authorities ignore it - I mean deal with it.
Wonder if they started stabbing each other it would constitute assault with a dangerous weapons, whilst thumping each other on the pitch is a passable offence?

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Astute

The only ones that should be on the pitch during a game are the 22 players and officials. And women streakers if they are fit :D

Otis

The only ones that should be on the pitch during a game are the 22 players and officials. And women streakers if they are fit :D
What about having fit women officials and every time they make a mistake they have to take an item of clothing off?

We can be both angry and delighted at every mistaken offside decision at the same time.

M&B Stand

Behave.

There are some softies on here, the lad was on the pitch in his face, touching him. The keeper didn't know if he was going to get stabbed, punched.

The way people act is that the goalie was pummeling him.

The only thing this thread needed was the old what if someone had knife scenario. Now you covered it Nick you may as well close the thread. Some are outraged, some ain't arsed. Leave it there.

skybluetony176

The only thing this thread needed was the old what if someone had knife scenario. Now you covered it Nick you may as well close the thread. Some are outraged, some ain't arsed. Leave it there.

Nah, we can do better than a knife. Let's push the boundaries here folks.

What if he had some Hattori Hanzo steel and cut off the top of the goalie's head like it was a boiled egg?

Last edited:

Otis

Then we'd have least been in top spot on the C5 Football League show highlights programme for once.

Anything that raises our profile, I'm in!

Users who are viewing this thread