Coventry city fans (2 Viewers)

The Lurker

Maybe the ones who remonstrated with the keeper are as bad
I'm sure the keeper triped our fan up. No-one was hurt and fans enjoying a wonder goal. I see mowbary and players praising the city fans. Players love that sort of support

SkyBlueMatt

I've got no problem with what happend, it never went ott. The fans didn't hold up the game, once they were all off the pitch their players were still messing about on the side lines.

Macca

Xmas away day piss up, late equaliser, it happens. I'm the first to criticise thuggish behaviour but I don't think this falls into that bracket

Dazmataz

I've got no problem with what happend, it never went ott. The fans didn't hold up the game, once they were all off the pitch their players were still messing about on the side lines.

Yeah... Because the referee was checking that it was safe for play to continue. It definitely slowed the game down when we should've been pushing for a winner.

Atmosphere was great today and the fans definitely spurred the team on second half, but there's never any reason for fans to go on the pitch

georgehudson

fans on the pitch can never be acceptable, however, in my humble opinion the persons to blame were the ref Tierney & that arse with the yellow flag, an example of blatantly inciting a crowd because they, ref Tierney & his flagman are NOT GOOD ENOUGH

The Lurker

fans on the pitch can never be acceptable, however, in my humble opinion the persons to blame were the ref Tierney & that arse with the yellow flag, an example of blatantly inciting a crowd because they, ref Tierney & his flagman are NOT GOOD ENOUGH

The atmosphere turned ugly when Novak starting acting like a twat giving it the large one to Maddison. I think that wound a lot of Cov fans up

speedie87

The idiot fan ran right in front of the keeper put his arm round him tried to take a selfie. The keeper pulled a judo throw on him and put him on his back for the police to take off.

Hope the so called fan gets banned.

No problem with the keeper isn't make a fuss and had full grounds too

Steve.B50

The idiot fan ran right in front of the keeper put his arm round him tried to take a selfie. The keeper pulled a judo throw on him and put him on his back for the police to take off.

Sorry but but I disagree. Yes the young lad should get a ban and cannot justify people going on the pitch.
However, if I were that lad I would take action against the keeper for assault, he has no right to throw him to the ground like that.

fernandopartridge

Hope the keeper is charged with assault

joemercersaces

All about proportionality, big differences in nature of tackles and big differences in pitch invasions. Fan runs on is automatically committing an offence and risks a ban but good natured celebration of a goal is a world away from kicking off. If the fan tried to take a selfie the goalkeeper may have over- reacted. Self-defence, in law,isn't a right you can award yourself. It has to be reasonable. If someone went up to a copper at a match, or New Years Eve and went to take a good natured selfie he can't just be thrown to the ground, that would be assault. Footballers don't have a different law to the rest of us. City equalised, some fans overdid the celebrations,it happens. There really are some po-faced holier than thou twats on this site sometimes.

Hobo

Hope the keeper is charged with assault

If someone ran into my place of work and suddenly grabbed me round the neck I'd throw him to the ground, it's called self defence. I wouldn't be waiting to see if he was going to throw a punch next or take a selfie!

Joelly

Its a strange world we live in when people honestly think their keeper should be charged with assault

Londonccfcfan

Too many buzz busters on here. Enjoy the pent up frustration of 89 mins released after a top goal. No harm done at all. But the dick gesticulating the keeper. Not on.

chiefdave

Keeper did nothing wrong...

If you're dicking around with players then don't be surprised if something like this happens. Saying that you know what the law is like, you could easily see their keeper being in trouble. If he'd actually hurt the bloke he'd probably get sued!

covhead1

Some people really are miserable.
so a few lads got carried away a bit celebrating our team scoring a late equalizer.
They should be flogged, imprisoned, made to join the army for 200 years. That'll teach 'em., I mean what right have they got to be happy.

It broke up our momentum...... hahahaha

Last edited:

Lamptey

a stand full of frustated fans, some on the beers since 9am, so was a bit of a release, but still no excuse. The kid who got involved with the keeper, what did he do? was stood by me just before and seemed like a 17/18 yr old who had had too many warm cans of Carling on the coach, couldnt eat his pie very well.

Macca

A load of pissed up blokes run on the pitch, someone grabs hold of you, hardly surprising he takes defensive action. He doesn't know what the blokes intentions are. This smacks of the situation when a fan spends the whole time calling a player a c**t and his wife a slag then cries when he gets some back

Sick Boy

Haha fair play to the keeper and agree that it's similar to football fans dishing out abuse but not able to take it.

Nick

Administrator
A load of pissed up blokes run on the pitch, someone grabs hold of you, hardly surprising he takes defensive action. He doesn't know what the blokes intentions are. This smacks of the situation when a fan spends the whole time calling a player a c**t and his wife a slag then cries when he gets some back
Bang on, does my head in people like that. You run on the pitch and get in somebody's face you can't moan if you get a whack.

To get tripped over and start crying assault is a bit of a joke.

R

RB1992

People calling for bans for the people who ran on the pitch are complete idiots.

These are Coventry fans, probably spent thousands following the club home & away over the years and you're wanting them to receive a criminal record & a (likely) lifetime ban for a harmless 30-second pitch invasion in the heat of the moment? Get a grip.

Thank god I don't personally know any Coventry fans with this sad mentality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theferret

People calling for bans for the people who ran on the pitch are complete idiots.

These are Coventry fans, probably spent thousands following the club home & away over the years and you're wanting them to receive a criminal record & a (likely) lifetime ban for a harmless 30-second pitch invasion in the heat of the moment? Get a grip.

Agree. Some of the stuff on here is borderline hysterical. Completely harmless and instinctive reaction to a late goal. The only exception was the keeper incident and he'll pay the price for that. People should get over it, move on and stop being so wet.

italiahorse

It's against the law for a reason.

Why do people always run forward into the space at the front where usually children and disabled have been positioned.
Really gets my goat as most have no regards for the people in that area.
Sometimes you need to grow up and think. The players, management and most fans don't want it.

Last edited:

skyblue1991

Really sorry I dont condone people who break football league rules.

If you dont care for people like me then that's no problem.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

speedie87

Reading through the thread the only person who anyone said should be banned is the lad who confronted the keeper.....

The others were just a bit embarrassing, as the chesterfield fans point out we'd only equalised against a team near the bottom of the lge, save that stuff for a last minute winner!

theferret

Really sorry I dont condone people who break football league rules.

If you dont care for people like me then that's no problem.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Personally I would actively encourage people to break as many football league rules as possible.

As for it being against the law, I think you're misinterpreting what that law is there to do.

At the end of every season teams are promoted. There will be joyous pitch invasions up and down the country, will you be calling for those people to be banned? Should all of those of went on the pitch at the last HR game have been banned? Next week in the FA Cup they'll probably be a big upset and there will probably be a pitch invasion. Bans?

A few people spilling on to the edge of the pitch is harmless. The pitch encroachment law was not introduced to penalise people for that. Just like video piracy laws. If I download a movie from a torrent site once every few months I doubt I'll have the feds knocking down my door down at 6am.

R

RB1992

I agree in hindsight it was an overreaction to what was a point against a side with very poor recent form, but I can fully understand how it boiled onto the pitch, especially seeing as all of the Coventry players ran over towards the fans. If any young/elderly Coventry fans were harmed in the process then obviously I do not condone that whatsoever, but from what I seen it seemed good-natured and purely celebratory of what was a great goal at the end of a very frustrating game.

I didn't see the altercation with their GK so can't comment, but if there was any violence or goading involved the fan will be banned and rightly so.

italiahorse

Personally I would actively encourage people to break as many football league rules as possible.

As for it being against the law, I think you're misinterpreting what that law is there to do.

At the end of every season teams are promoted. There will be joyous pitch invasions up and down the country, will you be calling for those people to be banned? Should all of those of went on the pitch at the last HR game have been banned? Next week in the FA Cup they'll probably be a big upset and there will probably be a pitch invasion. Bans?

A few people spilling on to the edge of the pitch is harmless. The pitch encroachment law was not introduced to penalise people for that. Just like video piracy laws. If I download a movie from a torrent site once every few months I doubt I'll have the feds knocking down my door down at 6am.

You have obviously not seen people falling over wheelchairs at the front then.
Or running in front of them blocking their view.
I'm all for celebrating a goal but just think of other people.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Bang on, does my head in people like that. You run on the pitch and get in somebody's face you can't moan if you get a whack.

To get tripped over and start crying assault is a bit of a joke.

The little bellends in the stand acting like it was a massive crime make me laugh

theferret

You have obviously not seen people falling over wheelchairs at the front then.
Or running in front of them blocking their view.
I'm all for celebrating a goal but just think of other people.

Blocking their view of what, the pitch invasion?

Who cares about the view just after a goal is scored? Too busy going mental personally.

Talking about wheelchairs, I take it you would ban this guy? A Chesterfield fan ironically.

[video=youtube_share;GAAD06BHZlw]https://youtu.be/GAAD06BHZlw[/video]

Sick Boy

Reading through the thread the only person who anyone said should be banned is the lad who confronted the keeper.....

The others were just a bit embarrassing, as the chesterfield fans point out we'd only equalised against a team near the bottom of the lge, save that stuff for a last minute winner!

That's the thing; a pitch invasion away at Chesterfield after a late equaliser is embarrassing.

theferret

That's the thing; a pitch invasion away at Chesterfield after a late equaliser is embarrassing.

It really isn't. Nobody else gives a shit. Just as I didn't give a shit when Wigan fans spilled onto the pitch at Chesterfield after a late goal early in the season. I'd be more embarrassed if I followed a club where away fans sat in silence and where goal celebrations were muted personally.

Users who are viewing this thread