Match Thread Coventry City - Chesterfield Match Thread 1st Jan 2018 (1 Viewer)

higgs

Happy new year to all of you.
After my five fold on Saturday which I picked up £330 quid for £2 here are my tips for today.
Another five fold acca,Derby,Portsmouth,Scunthorpe,Shrewsbury,Coventry.
£5 pays around £203.
I stuck a fiver on your bet above aswell now good luck with it be a good way to start the new yr!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I think Ian Evatt may be injured, he always seems to be quite solid when playing against us and wins most things in the air.

Nick

Administrator
They also have Nicky Eaden there, he will be able to give them plenty of info about our players (especially the youth ones like Bayliss) as well :(

Sky Blue Harry H

Won't do any harm to have freshlegs out there - Chesterfield team will have knocks etc too. We'll win!

Nick

Administrator
New signing Drew Talbot isn’t eligible until after the clash at the Ricoh Arena, while the match will also come too soon for the likes of Joe Anyon, Ian Evatt, Bradley Barry, Jordan Sinnott and Gozie Ugwu.

tom88

Has ducks loan come to an end?

I’m assuming he is not playing today as he put a picture on his insta stories 10 mins ago in London Hilton eating a fry up

Skybluefaz

Looking forward to it, I wonder if Nazon will even be on the bench today?

Can see Ponticelli getting some time today, not too sure about McNulty and Ponticelli though unless we massively change our approach play.
Nazon was in London last night for the new year, not great preparation for a game in Cov the next day. Doubt he'll figure at all.

Nick

Administrator
Nazon was in London last night for the new year, not great preparation for a game in Cov the next day. Doubt he'll figure at all.

Yeah have seen that since, doubt he will even be on the bench. His injury was well timed? Doubt he could have spent last night in London if he was playing today.

Captain Dart

Yeah have seen that since, doubt he will even be on the bench. His injury was well timed? Doubt he could have spent last night in London if he was playing today.
Well rid of him if he has an attitude like that.

Esoterica

Chesterfield are woeful away from home and have only picked up 6 points (1 win and 3 draws) on their travels. It's the worst away record in the league.
chesterfield away.png
They are also bottom of the defence tables - with 46 goals conceded overall. Away they concede at an average of 2.25 goals per game and have had a few hammerings (1-5, 1-5, 1-4) although haven't conceded more than 2 goals against the top 10 home or away, suggesting a more defensive approach against the better teams:
chest resuls.png

They do score goals away from home and have scored in 75% of their away matches but if we do go a goal down don't be too alarmed - they have been ahead on 7 occasions and conceded equalisers in 6 of those games, only hanging onto their lead against Crawley.

Despite their poor goals conceded record, they are pretty tight in the first half of games and then concede a huge amount in the 2nd half of games. 74% of their away goals are conceded in the 2nd half:
chesteffield goals.png

Everything indicates they will park the bus so expect a typical City performance, frustrating first half trying to break them down before exploiting the space in the 2nd. If we manage to grab an early goal, expect a very open game.

Captain Dart

Chesterfield are woeful away from home and have only picked up 6 points (1 win and 3 draws) on their travels. It's the worst away record in the league.
View attachment 8692
They are also bottom of the defence tables - with 46 goals conceded overall. Away they concede at an average of 2.25 goals per game and have had a few hammerings (1-5, 1-5, 1-4) although haven't conceded more than 2 goals against the top 10 home or away, suggesting a more defensive approach against the better teams:
View attachment 8694

They do score goals away from home and have scored in 75% of their away matches but if we do go a goal down don't be too alarmed - they have been ahead on 7 occasions and conceded equalisers in 6 of those games, only hanging onto their lead against Crawley.

Despite their poor goals conceded record, they are pretty tight in the first half of games and then concede a huge amount in the 2nd half of games. 74% of their away goals are conceded in the 2nd half:
View attachment 8693

Everything indicates they will park the bus so expect a typical City performance, frustrating first half trying to break them down before exploiting the space in the 2nd. If we manage to grab an early goal, expect a very open game.
Can you change your username to Statto please?

bawtryneal

Looking forward to the match after Carlisle game. Port Vale was shocking day out but enjoyed Saturday.
2-0 to City and gate of 8,100.
Just leaving Bawtry and it's a Skyblue day so hope the same in Cov
PUSB and happy new year to all.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
If there was ever a game to trounce a team and start the new year with intention to push on in the league it's this one, we lose this mr should be really looking at players who haven't performed and offload them were too inconstant!

Otis

Or change your name to Merchant of Doom.

Worst record in the league = Probable victory for them today.

Mcbean

I like the look of that a few injuries
More often than not injury ravaged teams play their youth and players no one knows about and get a result - smells bad this type of fixture - will be be very wet underfoot expect the ref and cards to play a big part - witness Arsene Wengers meltdown yesterday !

Terry Gibson's perm

More often than not injury ravaged teams play their youth and players no one knows about and get a result - smells bad this type of fixture - will be be very wet underfoot expect the ref and cards to play a big part - witness Arsene Wengers meltdown yesterday !

We do that and lose

dazed&confused

Should be a comfortable home win, but we've been here before and so inevitably this will be close with mistakes or an out of the blue moment of skill determining the result. Suddenly McNulty is a star and Nazon is yesterday's man. Good luck to anyone who has money on this. New Year's Day, not much else to do, but we are down to the hardcore now. 6,500 - 7,000. 0-0, 1-0, 1-1, 0-1, 2-1, 2-2, 1-2.

Captain Dart

Johnnythespider

Has ducks loan come to an end?

I’m assuming he is not playing today as he put a picture on his insta stories 10 mins ago in London Hilton eating a fry up
They fed the duck, the question is did he score ?

Johnnythespider

I'm hanging today but I will be there to witness a sparkling display of attacking football and a 3-0 win. I think I might still be pissed.

Nick

Administrator

1 Change, my guess is Biamou in for Beavon.

Only other one is possibly Willis for Hyam?

Nick

Administrator
looks like he is in!

Biamou for Beavon

Hopefully we dont waste a sub early on again if Willis isn't 100% there.

Nick

Administrator
This is their team:

DSdc5hyW4AEqvJR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread