Match Thread Coventry City - Chesterfield Match Thread 1st Jan 2018 (1 Viewer)

Otis

Anyone else think this from the BBC is all lopsided?

We had plenty of chances to extend our lead and really should have done, but here it seemingly only talks about Chesterfield for the most part.

Screenshot_2018-01-01-19-21-10.png

Mcbean

This is typical of a Press association report where most dont actually watch the game ,just keep an eye on higher division results on their phones then pickup what others said - just had R5L with Lawro -assassinating Mark Hughes - so then the host brings up the Coventry game which Lawro dismisses as not important for anyone ( except for us Cov fans looking for a bit of retribution) ! could read it like a book

Nick

Administrator
Their one that hit the post, it wasn't really a chance as it was completely the wrong side of the post

skybluepm2

Poor comments, I hope you are a master in your job?
Have you thought that giving out the team prior to the match is important information to listeners?
Have you noticed that Lee Burge has the best record of any keeper in our division?

Lol. Funny comments. I’m damn good at my job thanks. Knowing the types of question to ask and when to ask them are the absolute fundamental basics for a journalist, even at a local level. There was absolutely no relevance in many of the questions posed during that interview, as per usual.

Did you not manage to grasp from my previous comment that he went through the team news twice in as many minutes, yet failed to do so again in the remaining 50 minutes of the pre match build up?

Lee Burge may have the best record in terms of clean sheets, but it’s because the sterling job of the boys in front of him have given him fuck all to do. Let’s not make him out to be something he isn’t. If he were, someone would’ve been remotely interested in him by now.

skybluepm2

The Burge comment was amazing he had virtually nothing to do and hasn’t most weeks but when he has been called upon he has let us down and his distribution is appalling he is a fourth division goalie no better.

Did Geoff read out the same team twice at least that would be a bonus.

Exactly my point. Some people on here get so protective when those of us who know what we’re on about single out the dross in the team. Linnell has no clue, nor does Squeakin. Linnell even went as far as staying that DKE could’ve easily been MOTM.

Ha yes, I’ll give him that. The team was correct on both occasions! At least Geoff is honest, the arrogance and naivety of the other 2 old farts is pretty unbelievable.

NortonSkyBlue

Lol. Funny comments. I’m damn good at my job thanks. Knowing the types of question to ask and when to ask them are the absolute fundamental basics for a journalist, even at a local level. There was absolutely no relevance in many of the questions posed during that interview, as per usual.

Did you not manage to grasp from my previous comment that he went through the team news twice in as many minutes, yet failed to do so again in the remaining 50 minutes of the pre match build up?

Lee Burge may have the best record in terms of clean sheets, but it’s because the sterling job of the boys in front of him have given him fuck all to do. Let’s not make him out to be something he isn’t. If he were, someone would’ve been remotely interested in him by now.
I take note of your point about team selection on the radio,
Lee Burge has been much maligned on here(and rightly so in my opinion) but he is picked by the manager and has performed, if not without blemish, to a standard that will possibly get hm in the league 2 team of the year.

Kingokings204

Only at the end of the season! Currently, if you are first or second and drop one place, you are still in the auto spots. If you are third and drop one place, you are in the play-offs.
How is that just as good?

I meant what you said in your first sentence. We end up coming third we all will be very happy.

letsallsingtogether

The Burge comment was amazing he had virtually nothing to do and hasn’t most weeks but when he has been called upon he has let us down and his distribution is appalling he is a fourth division goalie no better.

Did Geoff read out the same team twice at least that would be a bonus.
Well at the moment he is the best division 4 goalie.
So every goal we have conceded is down to Burge?
Fuck it lets spend all our money on a goalie.

Terry Gibson's perm

Well at the moment he is the best division 4 goalie.
So every goal we have conceded is down to Burge?
Fuck it lets spend all our money on a goalie.

At the moment we are a fourth tier club so he suits but he is no better than this, not every but more than one

Terry Gibson's perm

he's made some good saves, did you go?

Yes did you?

They had two shots on target .

The way people like linnel talk about him he has made huge strides this season I think they forget this is a lower league so the players are worse so he will look better.

Users who are viewing this thread