Match Thread Coventry City - Chesterfield Match Thread 1st Jan 2018 (1 Viewer)

Otis

Discuss the Coventry City - Chesterfield Match, tactics and predictions. :)

Can't see a thread and the game is on tomorrow. Hope you don't mind, Nick. :)

Otis

Have to assume we will be missing

Kelly
Nazon
Willis

Would expect Kelly to maybe find his way back onto the bench first, so guessing he will still be out and we do need him fully fit.

If Nazon hurt his hip I wouldn't expect him to be recovered in time for tomorrow and I think we have to say that Willis will be almost certainly missing too. A dead let usually takes a number of days to heal.

So...

Burge

Grimmer Davies McDonald Stokes

DKE (though he was getting cramp yesterday) Doyle Bayliss Shipley

Biamou McNulty

Would expect a few surprises though, as I am sure some players would be carrying knocks.

Otis

Robins did also say Ponticelli will feature, so fully expect him to be coming off from the bench.

Maybe a few youngsters to fill the bench may be in order (Maycock, Finn, Thompson)

torchomatic

Another win. McNulty to score again.

Otis

Just worried about the knocks and injuries and AM expecting one or two head-scratching choices tomorrow, such as Maycock for Doyle or suchlike.

Thinking it may be very hard for Doyle at his age to be able to play 2 games back to back like that.

Otis

A bottom of the table team...ooops!
Going to be tough for sure and I don't think we should be envisaging 3 or 4 nil wins.

A nice, scrappy 1-0 will do just fine but I am expecting another Forest Green/Crawley defend really deep approach from Chesterfield tomorrow and I think it is going to be very, very tough, unless we can score early.

itsabuzzard

Given the teams' relative position, would it be too much to expect the Sky Blues to come out from the off and play a game suited to the eleven out on the pitch? Maybe someone could sneak in to the changing room before KO and put the clock forward by 45 minutes? 4-1 cov; McNulty with a brace, Ponti if he gets a decent stretch on the pitch and A N Other. Surely we've seen the last of the Duck?
Safe journey to all those going to the game

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

Robins did mention Thompson in Fosters pathetic attempt at an interview so maybe he will feature, Doyle doesn't perform too well when he has to play 2 games in a week (some may say at all) but he is the only experienced midfielder we have let's hope we turn up for this game and not do our usual free gift of points to a struggling team

clint van damme

Have to assume we will be missing

Kelly
Nazon
Willis

Would expect Kelly to maybe find his way back onto the bench first, so guessing he will still be out and we do need him fully fit.

If Nazon hurt his hip I wouldn't expect him to be recovered in time for tomorrow and I think we have to say that Willis will be almost certainly missing too. A dead let usually takes a number of days to heal.

So...

Burge

Grimmer Davies McDonald Stokes

DKE (though he was getting cramp yesterday) Doyle Bayliss Shipley

Biamou McNulty

Would expect a few surprises though, as I am sure some players would be carrying knocks.

is Kelly due back?
Would be great if he could feature, could really do with him back and some game time under his belt for Exeter away.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
This the kind of game we should be winning with the position we are in the league, it's Coventry tho and prob lose it 1-0 hope I'm wrong!

Sky Blue Pete

Burge

Grimmer
Stokes
Hyam
Haynes

Bayliss
Mayock
Shipley
Stevenson

McNulty
Biamou

Kelly might be on the bench

Early goal and a fun new year 3-1

Otis

Burge

Grimmer
Stokes
Hyam
Haynes

Bayliss
Mayock
Shipley
Stevenson

McNulty
Biamou

Kelly might be on the bench

Early goal and a fun new year 3-1

Bloody hell!! You seen how young that midfield is!!

Bayliss, Maycock, Stevenson, Shipley!!

johnwillomagic

Hmm I think with injuries/newborns etc this will be the team.

Burge GK
Grimmer RB
Davies CB
Hyam CB
Stokes LB
Baylis DCM
Doyle DCM
Shipley ATT
McNulty ATT
DevKE ATT
Biamou ST

Subs: O'Brien, Macdonald, Haynes, Stevenson, Maycock, Beavon, Ponticelli.

Otis

Burge
Grimmer
Willis
Davies
Haynes
Doyle
Stevenson
Nazon
Ponticelli
Biamou
Mcnulty
I just cannot see Willis in at all, Tom.

Robins says he has a dead leg. They take days to heal. I would say he is almost certainly out.

Gibbo

Burge
Grimmer Davies MacD Stokes
DKE Doyle Shipley Bayliss
McNulty Ponticelli (or Biamou)

Assumptions.
All fit
Robbins likes DKE like those on here
Needs one old head in midfield so Doyle starts but comes off after 55-60 mins

clint van damme

Thing is, even if Kelly is fit he's not going to be match fit is he?
No, but 10-15 minutes in this game and a half against Stoke and he might be ready for Exeter.
Him and Doyle sitting in front of the back four has worked against other top 6 sides up to now so I'm hoping he's back for that one.

Irish Sky Blue

Davis looked at one stage in the first half yesterday like he would have to come off. He ran the injury off for the game but there is still a possibility he will struggle to recover in a two day turnaround.

Otis

Davis looked at one stage in the first half yesterday like he would have to come off. He ran the injury off for the game but there is still a possibility he will struggle to recover in a two day turnaround.
Was thinking the same thing. The option then would be to move Stokes over and bring Haynes in, or bring in young Thompson, but then you would have Hyam and Thompson, a very inexperienced back line.

joemercersaces

Big chance here. It’s about time we put someone to the sword. Could have had 6 or 7 against Wycombe quite easily. It’s just that City have such a habit of giving suckers an even break. After nearly 49 years of supporting them I don’t think I’ll ever get into the mindset of expecting a win against anyone, even the Southam girls under 13s second string (especially in the cup).

dongonzalos

Could be a very important time to get a win
With Luton playing Lincoln and Notts county might not find it easy again port vale

dongonzalos

What I would like to see....

Burge GK
Grimmer RWB
Davies CB
Hyam CB
Stokes CB
Haynes LWB
Baylis DCM
Doyle DCM
Shipley ACM
McNulty ST
Ponti .......ST

Subs: O'Brien, Macdonald, Bim, DKE, Stevenson, Maycock, Beavon,

What we I think we will actually get .....

Burge GK
Grimmer RB
Davies CB
Hyam CB
Stokes LB

Baylis DCM
Doyle DCM
Shipley AT
DKE AT
McNulty AT
Bim. ST

Users who are viewing this thread