Coventry City chairman Tim Fisher misses out on bonus after Sky Blues fail to go up (4 Viewers)

dongonzalos

Just annoys me so much that we have become such a small time thinking club under this ownership.

Aims

Return to premiership = failed
Stay in Championship = failed
Return from division 3 = failed
Devalue ACL to buy it below value = half a job.

We have become a club that aspires to sell 5000-6000 season tickets.

If we build a new stadium our owners initially felt 12k should be our capacity.

We have become a club that now would lose a player in a straight battle with Bury FC.

We have become a club that does not go into a match verses Colchester fully confident of victory.

We have become s club that will not pay a transfer fee for a player.

This legal action to me snacks of absolute desperation. It is the last throw of the dice for SISU. I think it will follow the pattern of winning the hearing then again getting annihilated in court.

Then we may see JR2 follow the same route. I think for SISU they are massively associated with failure. Which could bring question on their global financial decision making hence the determination to get a victory in court and restore their reputation.

In the meantime run the club so the costs are minimal with minimal ambition and cling onto the court hearings.

In the meantime we as fans get see Wasps reap the benefits of the potential of the Ricoh. That most of us understand was there if the owners had just done business in a sensible manner.

125 million catering deals
20k crowds
No doubt a 30-40 million naming rights deal coming up.

All for around 20 million.

Didn't CCFC laugh their heads off when 21 million was quoted by Daniel Gidney many moons ago?

I look at Bradford and their current season ticket sales and understand the importance of owners who care passionately about the club itself and not other financial markets

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
Is this just based on what was said a few years ago about not being paid if we don't perform?

Is this just whipping up a bit of hatred before that court hearing? It's provocative, it gets the people going?

Whipping up hatred? Isn't it a good thing that the owners didn't pay him a bonus for failing to meet targets?

I would have thought it shows common sense on their part.

Nick

Administrator
Just annoys me so much that we have become such a small time thinking club under this ownership.

Aims

We have become a club that now would lose a player in a straight battle with Bury FC.

We have become a club that does not go into a match verses Colchester fully confident of victory.

This legal action to me snacks of absolute desperation. It is the last throw of the dice for SISU. I think it will follow the pattern of winning the hearing then again getting annihilated in court.

Then we may see JR2 follow the same route. I think for SISU they are massively associated with failure. Which could bring question on their global financial decision making hence the determination to get a victory in court and restore their reputation.

In the meantime run the club so the costs are minimal with minimal ambition and cling onto the court hearings.

In the meantime we as fans get see Wasps reap the benefits of the potential of the Ricoh. That most of us understand was there if the owners had just done business in a sensible manner.

20k crowds

Didn't CCFC laugh their heads off when 21 million was quoted by Daniel Gidney many moons ago?

I look at Bradford and their current season ticket sales and understand the importance of owners who care passionately about the club itself and not other financial markets

Christ, must be something happening at court soon?

Nick

Administrator
Whipping up hatred? Isn't it a good thing that the owners didn't pay him a bonus for failing to meet targets?

I would have thought it shows common sense on their part.

It is a great thing he didn't get paid a bonus for not achieving.

Were people expecting him to get a bonus and then it was changed?

dongonzalos

At least if fisher was targeted on getting some Ricoh ownership it kills the myth he had "moved on"
and wasn't interested if an offer was on the table.

Unfortunately that myth came from Joy Seppalla's mouth. Which I agree with you they were interested, however in a very bizzare and doomed to failure negotiating tactic. Repeatedly saying they had moved on.
You should ask Joy Sepalla and Tim Fisher why they said it.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Or you could spin the Sky Blues Talk account up in time for a court case :)

I see not much has changed still convinced the CET are waging a campaign against SISU and that posters on here are part of a inside job propaganda campaign

Do you disagree with anything I said?

Nick

Administrator
I see not much has changed still convinced the CET are waging a campaign against SISU and that posters on here are part of a inside job propaganda campaign

Just find it strange somebody doesn't come on here for months until now, just good timing ;)

As it is strange on any side, like when intheknow appears when Wasps news is released but strangely isn't too fussed about our Fixture against Fleetwood.

Grendel

I see not much has changed still convinced the CET are waging a campaign against SISU and that posters on here are part of a inside job propaganda campaign

Lucas has let you out the dungeon I see.

Hows the prep for the JR going?

Captain Dart

You guys are either drunk or have very bad memories. We spoke about this about a year and a half ago. fisher even stated that when he joined the board most of his wealth was put into this 'project'.
RR met SISU through Fisher and it was he who sanctioned the take over of the City. The owners of SISU backed Fisher, not the club, and the rest is history.
FFS everyone knows this.

That doesn't ring true, Fisher came onboard after the Orange Ken débâcle. I believe Fisher is attempt number two or three to make CCFC some sort of success.

1) SISU/RR/Onye
2) Ken Delieu, after RR backed out
3) Fisher/Arvo with new funds

Something like that anyway..

Captain Dart

AndreasB

Yes, he would have been very prophetic indeed to have predicted our council would have sold Coventry Citys stadium to a Rugby club from Buckinghamshire.

dongonzalos

If I was anything to do with the council. Regarding the JR. I would guess I wouldn't be that busy.
If they provide the same case. Ie just tell it as it happened. I think there are about 50 people out there who think they did anything wrong. It's clear those people are either the owners of SISU ( who probably don't even think the council did anything wrong) and a few die hard Cov fans that are pissed off over the Wasps deal they will automatically think the council did wrong. High court judges asked to give an impartial opinion......
Put yourself in the judges shoes for a minute

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Aims

20k crowds

The employment and then continued employment of Andy Thorn by that idiot Ken Delieu sums up Sisu's disastrous reign. Funny that you and your cronies actually agreed with Ken's decision at the time and his continued backing of a failure

bezzer

I've been following Coventry City for 42 years and I've NEVER been fully confident of any victory!!! After all, we're the team that can find a banana skin around every corner.

Sick Boy

Grendel mark 2 welcome

Due to the fact that we share opinion?

In that case your name came be 'sheep #643'.

Do you dispute the fact that you backed the mastermind that is Ken Delieu? At least, unlike most of us, you backed one of Sisu's decisions to the hilt.

dongonzalos

No not the sharing of the same opinion. It's the stylometry.

From the day we decided to give up and stop signing young talent was the downfall for me.

Sign your Dann's Westwood's and Fox's. Develop them sell them for profit use half that profit to sign the next one.

st john

The telegraph article seems very plausible to me, depressingly the wording "The Telegraph understands that – in light of the club’s failure to achieve promotion or secure any form of Ricoh ownership" says it all.

As I said in a previous post, plan A and plan B were two completely different routes, with different strategies required to make either succeed. They should have been two aspects of the same plan.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/56903-A-Tale-of-Two-Plans-–-A-Return-to-Plan-A

Moff

Grendel mark 2 welcome

Bloody hell so if Sick Boy thinks Thorn was shit he is Grendel mark 2.

That must mean there are a lot of Grendels out there, as I dont know if you realised that many of us thought Thorn was uselss too.

I know the thought of a lot of Grendel clones will scare you. ;)

Rusty Trombone

We wouldn't print it without knowing the facts behind the story. It's based on new information.

Cheers Simon, maybe I'm struggling a bit, could you highlight the new information. You mention he didn't get any financial bonuses, does that mean he received some non financial bonuses?

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
Cheers Simon, maybe I'm struggling a bit, could you highlight the new information. You mention he didn't get any financial bonuses, does that mean he received some non financial bonuses?

The new information, from my reliable sources, is that he wasn't paid his bonus.

He has received some salary though.

I can't give you specific numbers I'm afraid.

Grendel

The new information, from my reliable sources, is that he wasn't paid his bonus.

More importantly Simon are the rumours true that Dongle left his AT doll in the padded cell and is prowling the streets as we speak?

Nick

Administrator

Was he expecting it do you know? Was it a case of him checking his bank and seeing it not there?

Grendel

Was he expecting it do you know? Was it a case of him checking his bank and seeing it not there?

I think Simons not so much scraping the journalistic barrel as looking under it.

Surely more interesting stories exist - cat stuck up a tree for example?

Nick

Administrator
I think Simons not so much scraping the journalistic barrel as looking under it.

Surely more interesting stories exist - cat stuck up a tree for example?

Cat not stuck up a tree?

Although it would be funny if he expected his bonus and was buying a new range rover and had to cancel it because he didn't get the bonus.

I didn't win the lottery on Saturday, I knew I wouldn't. However if I got all the numbers and went to the Camelot office to be told my ticket was fake so I didn't win, I still wouldn't have won but would have a story.

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy

I'd imagine he was expecting it when he agreed to take on the the three-year plan. He probably wasn't expecting it as time went on. After all, he knew the targets he had been set.

Users who are viewing this thread