Match Thread Coventry City at Mansfield Town Match Thread - Saturday 24th Feb (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City at Mansfield Town match, tactics and predictions :)

ajsccfc

I'm not one to cry too quickly, but another defeat here would feel like a death knell for the season.

Nick

Administrator
Robins needs to set his team up to go at them. We need to create more chances so I'd play Reid from the start with JCH up front with McNulty.

From what I remember Mansfield were no mugs at the the Ricoh and most things went through Hemmings and Rose was quite tricky.

JMD seems to have had a blinder in U23, on paper it would be great to have somebody creating from both sides and if he plays like he did against Stoke I'd put him in.

Mcbean

No not a must win - as we always lose those - its a - be good to win this one - big help for the final push - thought the boys looked more alive Saturday than the Stanley game

wingy

Robins needs to set his team up to go at them. We need to create more chances so I'd play Reid from the start with JCH up front with McNulty.

From what I remember Mansfield were no mugs at the the Ricoh and most things went through Hemmings and Rose was quite tricky.

JMD seems to have had a blinder in U23, on paper it would be great to have somebody creating from both sides and if he plays like he did against Stoke I'd put him in.
Shipley ,Vincenti on the bench, still to be convinced on Vincenti and JMD, but it could be a battle.
Bayliss or Kelly?

Nick

Administrator
Shipley ,Vincenti on the bench, still to be convinced on Vincenti and JMD, but it could be a battle.
Bayliss or Kelly?

It depends on Doyle, I'd much rather have Doyle doing the mopping up and then letting Bayliss go forward.

Irish Sky Blue

Despite the poor performances in many games this season, there have been only two league games where I felt we deserved to lose. One was the Accrington home game where we were easily beaten, the other was home to Mansfield where I felt they shaded it. (I wasn't at Morecambe). I think we will beat Mansfield this time. (However I always think we are going to win). My optomism this time is based on the second half performance of JCH. If he as like that we have a chance.

Otis

A draw would be okay I guess if we can then draw against Wycombe too.

Would at least leave us feeling a bit better about ourselves as a team. Only downside is we could then be quite a few points adrift of 7th.

SlowerThanPlatt

This game will have a bit of an edge to it. Robins weren’t best pleased with Steve Evans antics in the reverse fixture and there was also crowd trouble - add to that they’re in good form and we need to win to stay in touch.

Burge

Grimmer
Willis
McDonald
Stokes

Bayliss
Doyle

Shipley
Vincenti

Clarke Harris
McNulty

2 nil defeat unfortunately

Ricketts

Despite the poor performances in many games this season, there have been only two league games where I felt we deserved to lose. One was the Accrington home game where we were easily beaten, the other was home to Mansfield where I felt they shaded it. (I wasn't at Morecambe). I think we will beat Mansfield this time. (However I always think we are going to win). My optomism this time is based on the second half performance of JCH. If he as like that we have a chance.

You can probably add Swindon to that list, even though we won.

I also feel that JCH is the missing link, and am looking forward to ticking a new ground off the list and coming back with three points.

Irish Sky Blue

You can probably add Swindon to that list, even though we won.

I also feel that JCH is the missing link, and am looking forward to ticking a new ground off the list and coming back with three points.
Unusually for us this season, I felt we started strongly at Swindon and could have been 3 up before they took the lead. We were hanging on at the end though.

Paxman II

These are the fixtures where it's difficult to see us winning on current form but that form changes eventually and we are due that and a good second half at Brighton should have us set up and ready to go. Mansfield have been strong of late but they are due a poor game and think we may go and capitalize on the day provided we play to attack.
Think it could be like the Luton game away, where the unexpected happens.
1-3 City

Tommo72

21802346-55B9-4FE4-A0C2-F73E549D51C3.png Must only be dribs and drabs left of the allocation now, surprising given the initial 940 sold in a few hours.

From a Mansfield perspective...

no_loyalty

Burge
grimmer
haynes
willis
mcdonald

Doyle
Bayliss
Shipley

JCH
Ponticelli
McNulty

Mansfield 2 City 5

Exactly that team, just logged in to put that on here.
4-3-3 and go at them from the start, no dicking about playing for a point

no_loyalty

I'd be tempted for Reid instead of ponti

I'd give Ponti the nod just based on the impact he made when he came on against Brighton. If Robins goes 4-4-2 then I agree that Reid should start, to get crosses in for JCH to get on the end of

ccfcway

I'd give Ponti the nod just based on the impact he made when he came on against Brighton. If Robins goes 4-4-2 then I agree that Reid should start, to get crosses in for JCH to get on the end of

also for the fact that Ponti wants to actually play for the club

chiefdave

We've got to the point where losing at home can't be shrugged off. Have to win our home games now or we'll see a gap opening up.

Hopefully Doyle will be back. If he is will Robins persist with Kelly.

Users who are viewing this thread