Match Thread Coventry City at Mansfield Town Match Thread - Saturday 24th Feb (1 Viewer)

Adge

I didn’t go yesterday but was saying it before that 3 points was a must. Under the circumstances 1point with 10 men for 75 minutes is a good result. We need a point on Tuesday and 3 against Lincoln minimum though.

Warwickhunt

Just watched the highlights and have to say that the sending off was correct. You can see Willis grabbing the player by the waist and deliberately stepping across him, tripping him in the process.

There's not a complaint to be had by any of his fellow players, nor indeed Willis himself. Would be foolish to challenge that, as it would just result in a longer ban.

The JCH one is a bit odd. The Mansfield defender definitely dives into him, but JCH cleverly plays on that fact and stumbles forwards, seemingly before the contact and clearly looking for the penalty.

You can see JCH dragging his left foot behind him in order to tumble and go down easily.
If you watch the replay carefully Rose tried to bring the ball down but deflected it to Burge and would say Burge had it in his hands at the time Willis tangles his legs with Rose! To me it was a yellow at worst case

Covstu

It was a clumsy challenge but wouldn’t say he was on target to score there seemed to be more bodies in and around him although I have only seen it quickly. Free kick was a wicked deflection so I am okay with the point overall but we can only take these in isolation. The fact is that we need wins full stop to catch up with the pack

Otis

If you watch the replay carefully Rose tried to bring the ball down but deflected it to Burge and would say Burge had it in his hands at the time Willis tangles his legs with Rose! To me it was a yellow at worst case
Just watched it again, as I have merely been concentrating on whether it was a red and Willis clearly fouled him or not, which I think he patently did.

Thing is, upon watching it again, Burge is wrong footed, so there is every chance there that Rose would indeed get to the ball first.

I still say it's a clear red and I think it is pointless challenging it.

ccfcrob

Is it just me who thought we looked a much better team (even with 10 men) when he took Kelly off? Bayliss and Doyle worked brilliantly together. If that isn't a good enough reason to get rid of Sammy Clingan Reincarnate then I don't know what is!

gspotgaz

Is it just me who thought we looked a much better team (even with 10 men) when he took Kelly off? Bayliss and Doyle worked brilliantly together. If that isn't a good enough reason to get rid of Sammy Clingan Reincarnate then I don't know what is!

Some of our best form this season was the Doyle - Bayliss combo. I can’t see for the life of me this insistence on forcing Bayliss outside just to cater for kelly. It’s not as if kelly scores or creates much

ccfcrob

Some of our best form this season was the Doyle - Bayliss combo. I can’t see for the life of me this insistence on forcing Bayliss outside just to cater for kelly. It’s not as if kelly scores or creates much
He brings nothing but negativity. I honestly cannot see what he brings to the table. Would prefer to see Vincenti in there instead of him, and that saying something!

Adge

No. We were on top before the sending off. Kelly is the new scapegoat it seems
I’m not overly fussed one way or the other about Kelly and it seems just as Vincenti was the boo boy early in the season, Kelly is the boo boy now. Players like Kelly are ten a penny and when he has gone there will be another one around the corner. He got relegated with Leyton Orient so would fit nicely into the “losers” bracket with a few others.

Users who are viewing this thread