Match Thread Coventry City at Gillingham Match Thread - Saturday 25th Aug (2 Viewers)

Westendlad

It's pretty quiet on here tonight considering we played really well and got a well deserved point, that should have probably been 3.

Where is everyone? ;)
Always been the same. Even in our top flight days, win and hardly a call on the radio phone ins but lose then meltdown !!

Paxman II

Clarke Harris scored a good goal and fve second chance was harder

Are you the idiot that phoned up on CWR?

I didn't say the chance he has was harder I just said he should have had a brace at least today. There were several times he was too slow to react where I beleive McNulty would have. He played well for the most part but as I said McNulty would have filled his boots today with the amount of opportunity that kept coming our way.
I still say we need a better finisher to replace McNulty.
And no Grendel I have never called CWR.

Nick

Administrator
I didn't say the chance he has was harder I just said he should have had a brace at least today. There were several times he was too slow to react where I beleive McNulty would have. He played well for the most part but as I said McNulty would have filled his boots today with the amount of opportunity that kept coming our way.
I still say we need a better finisher to replace McNulty.
And no Grendel I have never called CWR.
Callum Wilson might have scored some too.

McNulty forced a move, get over it

Warwickhunt

If McNulty had still been here as result of us not letting him leave he would have been the worse striker we had at the club and the hoards would have been slagging him off and also telling MR that his selections are fucking shite!!!

GaryJones

I tell you what - Clarrie Bourton or Ian Wallace would of stuck those in the back of the net! - Lol
upload_2018-8-26_10-36-46.jpeg

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Always been the same. Even in our top flight days, win and hardly a call on the radio phone ins but lose then meltdown !!

It kind of makes sense though. We play well and win there's not really much to say. "Well Clive, I'm really happy with the result and performance and felt everyone played well" Not really adding much to the conversation are you.

When we lose/don't play well everyone has their opinion why not so you get a debate and some people (not me - never done a phone in/text or whatever) really want people to hear their opinion on a wider scale. It's cathartic for some too - releases the anger and frustration.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Only listened on the radio but we sounded much improved with the different formation and players more familiar with each other. As someone else has put, I think a lot of the new players will improve but we've shoved too many in at the same time. Robins tried a revolution when he just needed an evolution of what he already had.

Ricketts

Only just got round to ploughing through this thread after the long travelling yesterday.

I was surprised less than 700 SBA on a sunny (except half time!) saturday when we took over 1000 to Blackpool on a Tuesday. Sunderland took 2300 last week and filled that end.

A vastly improved performance over Oxford, Plymouth and Blackpool. Very dissappointed not to be home with three points. Watched from by the dirctors box and their goal was good skill by List with Thomas caught out so fair play to them, but we had the better chances.

My Gillingham mate is more than happy with a point, as is their manager.

If we play like this all season we wont be far off. They try and play football, and it's against footballing sides we have most success.

Would have liked subs a bit earlier, Allassani for Thomas was right move, and looked like he will be good. With him and Jodi in the team we could be really exciting.

Great to see so many acadamy players in the team (5?) I don't think they had any.

DO NOT FORGET TO PAY YOUR DARTFORD TOLL CHARGE BY MIDNIGHT TONIGHT

oucho

Sounds like a positive enough day. A point should shut up the moaners for a little while.

Adge

Exactly. We need to stop obsessing over a player who didn't want to be here. He's not our player anymore so pointless saying what McNulty would or wouldn't have done.
Yep, which is why there is no need either for an ex player thread that seems to rear it’s ugly head every Saturday.

Paxman II

I think sometimes people miss the point or forget to read the wholepargraph!
I'm over McNulty Nick but the comparison is obvious. JCH is never going to be anything like prolific as McNulty became.
So as I said we needthat better finisher to replace what we lost! No doubt about it.

Grendel

I'm over McNulty Nick but the comparison is obvious. JCH is never going to be anything like prolific as McNulty became.
So as I said we needthat better finisher to replace what we lost! No doubt about it.

Clarke Harris isn’t and never has been his replacement - he’s a number 9 - robins prefers Andreu than another forward

better days

I suspect Reise Allassani is the best hope of being a prolific scorer from the current forwards
He got 15 goals in 27 games for Dulwich Hamlet last season and has already scored three in two games for our U21 side

Otis

Clarke Harris isn’t and never has been his replacement - he’s a number 9 - robins prefers Andreu than another forward
That's true. We've gone from Biamou and McNulty (or another combination) to just one up front in order to seemingly accommodate Andreu.

Hobo

If you’re facing in the right direction all you’ve got to do is keep on walking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes walking, but some expect us to be running or even sprinting.

AlansEyes

Yep, which is why there is no need either for an ex player thread that seems to rear it’s ugly head every Saturday.
The thing with that is, it's the same people that take great delight in pointing out when he hasn't scored that would also love it if he did score so they could say how we sold him on the cheap and lay into Sisu.

Rasputin

I was getting the impression you are concerned that we have not replaced MM adequently as opposed to pining for MM?

To be fair MM doesn’t have a great goalscoring record at league one level, so he may not have got that brace anyway !!!

I don’t think the MM deal was that bad for the club all round

Users who are viewing this thread