Match Thread Coventry City at Gillingham Match Thread - Saturday 25th Aug (3 Viewers)

Otis

It's pretty quiet on here tonight considering we played really well and got a well deserved point, that should have probably been 3.

Where is everyone? ;)

ccfcway

It's pretty quiet on here tonight considering we played really well and got a well deserved point, that should have probably been 3.

Where is everyone? ;)

I wonder. funny how no new threads about how well we played, can we make play offs etc

CCFC_Charlie

Sounds like an improved performance today, shock horror as returning to basics and putting faith in the players that got here has paid off. Need to capitalise with a win against a weak Rochdale side on Saturday.

HerneBayGaz

Where is everyone? ;)

Driving back. And getting over excited about scoring from open play

The lads played well and unlucky not to bag all 3 points

SlowerThanPlatt

From the reports I’ve read sounds like Clarke-Harris was up for it today and put in a good performance. Hopefully Robins can keep getting a song out of him as I think he’s our best striker if he applies himself consistently

Otis

From the reports I’ve read sounds like Clarke-Harris was up for it today and put in a good performance. Hopefully Robins can keep getting a song out of him as I think he’s our best striker if he applies himself consistently
Always believed that JCH COULD be our best striker. He just needs to apply himself properly and stop tripping over daisies and being knocked over by the gentlest of breezes.

Londonccfcfan

Many positives.

Defence is looking strong. Burge a huge improvement.

The formation suited us better: 4-1-4-1.

I was really impressed by Shipley today and the shape he brings to the team. He has something.

Allassani looked very sharp when he came on. Looking forward to seeing Allassani and Jones on the same pitch.

And credit to Robins today. He was not afraid to make the changes even if it meant dropping many of the players he has bought to the club. Not every manager in our history would have done that.

So much more positive after today’s game, I thought we totally dominated the match start to finish barring a 5 to 10 min spell after they scored.

Robins practically changed half the team so glad we finally did.

The football played was really good , we looked so much more fluid man for man, but never the less the final ball or last shot was disappointing.

3 points would have been great but I’d certainly take a point and a good performance away from home. Now to back it up at home with 3 vs Rochdale.

Paxman II

So much more positive after today’s game, I thought we totally dominated the match start to finish barring a 5 to 10 min spell after they scored.

Robins practically changed half the team so glad we finally did.

The football played was really good , we looked so much more fluid man for man, but never the less the final ball or last shot was disappointing.

3 points would have been great but I’d certainly take a point and a good performance away from home. Now to back it up at home with 3 vs Rochdale.

We won't score 3 goals until we bring in a natural goal scorer to replace McNulty. I was hoping Chaplin could have been the answer because out of what we have none are going to be prolific in this league. We played well today, JH should have scored a brace at least. had McNulty been there he would have filled his boots today. And there in will be our problem until we solve it.
Next month actually looks harsh fixtures on paper for the most part so we best get that loanee in who knows how to finish! Do that and I would not bet against being in the hunt for the play offs.

Nick

Administrator
We won't score 3 goals until we bring in a natural goal scorer to replace McNulty. I was hoping Chaplin could have been the answer because out of what we have none are going to be prolific in this league. We played well today, JH should have scored a brace at least. had McNulty been there he would have filled his boots today. And there in will be our problem until we solve it.
Next month actually looks harsh fixtures on paper for the most part so we best get that loanee in who knows how to finish! Do that and I would not bet against being in the hunt for the play offs.
Like McNulty did for the first half of last season? He's gone.

Grendel

Clarke Harris scored a good goal and fve second chance was harder

Are you the idiot that phoned up on CWR?

Londonccfcfan

Small steps mate, after Scunthorpe we have been awfull all season till today some small shoots of optimism after today. We looked and played like a team for almost 90 mins.

Robins talked about identity, and today was much more like our usual selves (from last season).

My only disappointment was why Baka came on instead of Hiwula??

Nick

Administrator
Small steps mate, after Scunthorpe we have been awfull all season till today some small shoots of optimism after today. We looked and played like a team for almost 90 mins.

Robins talked about identity, and today was much more like our usual selves (from last season).

My only disappointment was why Baka came on instead of Hiwula??
It was too late for any of them to make an impact really.

Hiwula on about 75 to run at them and try to get in behind would have been good.

steve cooper

Looks like MR has been reading this forum and taken the advice of some of us. Hopefully we can go on from here and play a settled team and formation

GaryJones

On way back - just stopped off at Beaconsfield where we met up with another load of CCFC fans - overall view is we should have won so although chuffed we got a point I think this is tinged with some disappointment that we couldn’t claim all 3.
Positive signs are there for all to see so you shouldn’t see too many on here slagging off the team & management for a change!
Onwards & upwards!

Londonccfcfan

Looks like MR has been reading this forum and taken the advice of some of us. Hopefully we can go on from here and play a settled team and formation
Lol I hope so.

Kelly and J Jones, still to come back.

Now all of a sudden the wingers situation is so much stronger than last year.
Allassani does look a prospect. Scored pre season and scored 2 in under 23s.

Hobo

Full time. Deserved more than a point but at least we can learn from this hopefully.

Turning a corner can be a slow turning. Keep faith in everyone.

Hobo

Where is everyone? ;)

Hammered after Cov 55 v Wasps 14. I know it was basically their reserves but still a statement of intent and players playing with pride for the Cov badge.

Greggs

Where is everyone? ;)
In disbelief that last season's side did so well today. Who would have thought it hey? Obviously not Robins who has spunked a big budget on players, the majority of whom seem to be no improvement. 3-4 real quality players could have been added for all the money he spend on 13-14

Hobo

In disbelief that last season's side did so well today. Who would have thought it hey? Obviously not Robins who has spunked a big budget on players, the majority of whom seem to be no improvement. 3-4 real quality players could have been added for all the money he spend on 13-14

I love the way fans go from Robins has bought cheap to Robins has spunked a big budget.

Hobo

Yh 13-14 cheap players could have been 3-4 established ones

What 13 players? Hope you aren't counting acquisitions for the development squad? If the club is to grow it has to grow as a whole.

Name your 4 targets.

Otis

If there is a problem it's that he put them all in the side at once, i think they will all prove there worth as the season progresses
Exactly. Succinctly put and spot on.

I think we just blooded too many too soon and I noticed Bakayoko in his first game completely misreading other players' runs and playing the ball to an area he thought they were running into, but they weren't.

Users who are viewing this thread