Match Thread Coventry City at Gillingham Match Thread - Saturday 25th Aug (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Only issue is maybe the subs were a bit too late, they wanted to go for the win but Robins didn't want to.

Pointless making the change a couple of minutes from the end. JCH was injured for a good 10 minutes and was pointless him being on the pitch.

Could have gone in for the kill with some pace up front.

Paxman II

We should have won this easily in the first 45. That's the disappointment today. A missed opportunity for sure. We were by far the better team. 2 points given away tbh.
I'm happy we have looked good and competitive and I think the players will feel a lot better about themselves. However 3 points should have been ours.

chiefdave

Definitely an improvement but it would have been difficult for it not to be. The key now is to build on that.

Rochdale are beatable next weekend.

Paxman II

Good point. Sounds like it could have been 3, but a decent showing too must keave us feeling a lot more bouyant.
Otis i just watched it on ifollow. We were all over them playing good football for 80% of that game. I hope they feel disappointed they did not win it.
We so need a striker able to finish. JCH should have scored again and missed a sitter. His movement is poor around the final third.

DannyThomas_1981

Many positives.

Defence is looking strong. Burge a huge improvement.

The formation suited us better: 4-1-4-1.

I was really impressed by Shipley today and the shape he brings to the team. He has something.

Allassani looked very sharp when he came on. Looking forward to seeing Allassani and Jones on the same pitch.

And credit to Robins today. He was not afraid to make the changes even if it meant dropping many of the players he has bought to the club. Not every manager in our history would have done that.

GaryJones

Good display but “could of - should of” just about sums it up for me.
Promising signs tho

Marty

Massive improvement, they were terrible, smarter subs earlier and we would have won.

Sick Boy

Good performance today, a huge improvement on AFC. Could have been all 3 points if we'd taken our chances when we were well on top. A point was probably a fair result overall.

Pete in Portugal

A massive improvement on the Blackpool performance. I thought JCH had a good game, particularly in the first half. Andreu wasn't bad, but he seems to take an age on the ball and he often seems to pass or shoot rather weakly. Maybe he's still not match fit?

Evo1883

Much better today , not a lot to complain about really apart from the subs being a bit late .
On we go

Paxman II

"We have not got the money" to simply bring someone in, we must work from within says MR's. Surely he still knows we need a striker/finisher on loan at least?

Gazolba

I know statistics don't tell you everything but 26 shots today and only one goal must tell us something.
Peterborough had 11 shots today and scored 5.

Gazolba

<snip> Surely he still knows we need a striker/finisher on loan at least?
We have one - Ponticelli. He came on in the 88th minute!

Users who are viewing this thread