Match Thread Coventry City at Gillingham Match Thread - Saturday 25th Aug (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Slightly worried that Doyle is the only defensive midfielder at 37?

Nick

Administrator
Yeah from 40 minutes ago.

I hope not it's not like that deal we had with Arsenal for Akpom who seemed to disappear every few weeks!

Was the picture taken them or did he just post it then? Just checked, I don't think their youth teams have a game today.

Warwickhunt

So he is starting with 8 of the players that finished last season out by the look of it

chiefdave

Was the picture taken them or did he just post it then? Just checked, I don't think their youth teams have a game today.
He's posting about our game on twitter. He's a Chelsea player so surely not that unusual that he has some of their training gear.

Esoterica

Sticking with 4-2-3-1 means Robins thinks JCH is a good target player. He must've changed his game a lot since I last saw him play................... If not he'll be isolated.
The wording of the offal makes it sound closer to a 4-4-2:

'Michael Doyle captains the side and he is joined in the centre of midfield by Tom Bayliss.
Jordan Shipley keeps his place out on the left, with Luke Thomas on the other flank, having made his first start for the Sky Blues against Blackpool.
Tony Andreu comes back in to the side and he plays behind Jonson Clarke-Harris, who makes his first start of the season.'

Nick

Administrator
The wording of the offal makes it sound closer to a 4-4-2:

'Michael Doyle captains the side and he is joined in the centre of midfield by Tom Bayliss.
Jordan Shipley keeps his place out on the left, with Luke Thomas on the other flank, having made his first start for the Sky Blues against Blackpool.
Tony Andreu comes back in to the side and he plays behind Jonson Clarke-Harris, who makes his first start of the season.'

I thought it was a 4-4-2 from the lineup, just hope Andreu is near JCH to play off each other.

Fergusons_Beard

Doyle should have been rested on Tuesday.

At 37 he can’t possibly do 3 games in a week.

He’s been a big negative for me this season and Robins reluctance to leave him out very telling.

He’s heading for an injury and that’ll leave us well short in centre midfield-especially today with Ogogo not playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ccfcway

it is interesting that out of all the players we have signed this summer, the only two to make the starting line up today are the 2nd choice left back and a loanee

CCFCSteve

Attacking midfield, let’s hope it gels ! Not a massive fan of two holding midfielders at home but can understand a little bit more away against better teams so a surprise ogogos not in.

Time to step up boys !

Ps stating the obvious but desperately need a striker or two

Mr Panda

Nah it's been added to his Instagram 'story'...which the idea is you add live photos to and they stay for 24 hours.

Ash

That’s more like it. Thank fuck Robins was watching the same game as us on Tuesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warwickhunt

Agogo has got a tight hamstring in his right leg and not being risked

Sky Blue Harry H

I doubt it's that bald Otis
56eeb6de60f76b1de789c45e2a58eaf6--teamwork-quotes-groucho-marx.jpg

You think not ?

Esoterica

I thought it was a 4-4-2 from the lineup, just hope Andreu is near JCH to play off each other.
Another squad selection that raises as many questions as it answers with Sterling, Ogogo completely out. Be interesting to see how Grimmer and JCH respond to being left out recently.
I don't much fancy Doyle in a 4-4-2 in L1 at 37, if it is that set up.

Nick

Administrator
Attacking midfield, let’s hope it gels ! Not a massive fan of two holding midfielders at home but can understand a little bit more away against better teams so a surprise ogogos not in.

Time to step up boys !

Ps stating the obvious but desperately need a striker or two
We have about 4 on the bench.

ccfcway

Rob on CWR, "lets hope Robins goes the same way as Eric Black and is sacked after the Gillingham game"

:facepalm:

Nick

Administrator
Another squad selection that raises as many questions as it answers with Sterling, Ogogo completely out. Be interesting to see how Grimmer and JCH respond to being left out recently.
I don't much fancy Doyle in a 4-4-2 in L1 at 37, if it is that set up.

Especially if Bayliss goes wandering and gives the ball away.

CCFCSteve

it is interesting that out of all the players we have signed this summer, the only two to make the starting line up today are the 2nd choice left back and a loanee

Worrying that barring not signing a goalscorer I thought we’d had a decent summer recruitment wise !!! Saying that I’m not convinced either the formation or chucking them all in first/second game of the season helped either !

Johnnythespider

I would like to have seen Hiwula up front. Hopefully JCH will bag a couple and prove me wrong.

GaryJones

472974DC-026D-4117-B6BC-4B38FFA5B40D.jpeg Feeling confident right now - another good Cov turnout and the sun is shining FFS!

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread