Match Thread Coventry City at Brighton and Hove Albion Match Thread - Saturday 17th Feb (7 Viewers)

oucho

Probably around 28k
This cup run will have filled the coffers nicely, given the price money on offer and the slice of gate receipts we'll get (from today especially). There where whispers lat in 2017 that we'd be running out of cash before May without some uptick in fortunes; as it happens, the cup run has given us a financial lifeline. It also makes you wonder where we'd be now without the 4 high profile games we had (Arsenal x 2, Spurs and Wembley) and the sales of Maddison and Wilson.

I just hope we get through today without any injuries, suspensions, or reasons to be downhearted before the next set of games against Lincoln, Mansfield, Luton etc.

Brighton 1

There's something about a match day that gives you hope, this should be a tonking given our recent form but "its a funny old game saint" and i think we can sneak it. 1-0 to city and Brighton to all report to the physio with stiff necks following our aerial bombardment. Houghton to ask Robins how much for Bayliss as they shake hands
Well air bombardment might be a plan.
Both Dunk and Duffy will not feature today and they are 6'4 and 6'3. The centre halves will be Goldson and Hunemier I imagine and they are shorter, Krul tho is taller than our first choice keeper tho.

Otis

Absolutely. Up until this am thought we would get a thumping. But now we are on the coach and heading south im feeling more optimistic. Hope springs eternal and a sneaky 1-0. PUSB

Just checked and there is no news of any chemical leak along your journey, but maybe the media haven't quite picked up on it and it hasn't filtered through.

For now, just go round the coach and make sure all the bottles have the lids screwed on tightly and that no-one has an open bottle of Tippex on the go.

Brighton 1

That's based on what Brighton fans at work have been saying.
You might be right but many season ticket holders do not go to cup games, a lot of my mates don't. Would be nice to see a nearly full stadium but I feel the pre -tendence might be more than the attendance, plus the travel from West on coast to Brighton is no trains.

oucho

I’m about to do a 4 hour walk along the cliffs in Cornwall. Should make it to a pub in st ives Just in time to stream before kick off.
Whereabouts in Cornwall?

oucho

Captain Dart

Only Arsenal, Everton & Liverpool had longer streaks

Had..
Spurs consecutive seasons since 78-9, 39 yrs.
Man Utd consecutive seasons since 75-6, 42 yrs.
Chelsea consecutive seasons since 84-5, 34 yrs.

better days

Also just arriving in Cornwall
Listening to discussion on the game with David Pleat on 5 Live. We are the featured game
Pleat praising our Academy team
Not impressed with the owners though

Johnnythespider

Just been up the Ricoh shops, there was a big rainbow over the stadium. Got in the car to come home and Mr blue sky was on the radio. Could it happen ?

Nick

Administrator
Barret on the right it seems, Haynes and shipley down the left.

Let's hope they give jch some service.

Interesting mc Donald drops to the bench

Users who are viewing this thread