Match Thread Coventry City at Brighton and Hove Albion Match Thread - Saturday 17th Feb (3 Viewers)

Johhny Blue

Before the Stoke game I said that we weren't good enough to win but maybe, just maybe Stoke were bad enough to lose. I don't think Brighton are.
Head says 3-0 and it doesn't matter what my heart says because it's a F*****in' liar.

runner

I just look at this game and am thankful it's in the diary ... as it means we won't be playing in the league ... which gives the players that are vital to our team, eg Doyle to name the biggest, time to recover ... as for the scoreline, can't see us getting more than one ... so likely to be 2 or 3 v 1 to Brighton ...

cov4theprem

Forecast: Sunshine and 9 degrees

Let’s just enjoy the day, back the boys, and be loud and proud. Whatever the result, we have fantastic support there and should make the most of it.
PUSB

Liquid Gold

I'll almost be pissed off if we play well. Will show the players have had eyes on this game while paying no respect to FGR and Accrington and throwing our automatic promotion hopes away in the process.

Londonccfcfan

We need it all to go pur way this game to have any chance. A dodgy early refereeing decision giving us a penalty with one of their players sent off would even it up a bit.

We need one of those games where we have two shots and both fly in, then backs to wall defending.

Paxman II

4 or 5 nil defeat to rub home our recent shocking form and confidence. The FA Cup could be our downfall when we should have concentrated on the league.
I would play most of our second string not risk injury to players we need for the upcoming league games.

Tommo72

I doubt they will be poor as in some ways there is less pressure on them to get a result, I think the score might be closer than many think.

Great_Expectations

Like most people realistically I thought we had no chance, but there was a slight slither of optimism that we could produce a shock. However, following the last few result, and even more so performances, that has disappeared.

Still, hopefully it’ll be a good day trip and a good night out in Brighton. I just hope it doesn’t turn nasty amongst our own fans if we are getting a thrashing.

I’m trying to hold out a tiny bit of hope we might at least score or frustrate them for 60/70 minutes, just to give us something to get excited about.

smileycov

Facebook User
I love the FA Cup, was excited about this match. But the last 3 results have kind of killed any joy. Rest the injured and walking wounded. Concentrate on the league now. I am sure whoever he picks will play there heart out for the shirt. 4-0 loss

pusbccfc

5-1 to Brighton. JCH to score a consultation goal late on to send the Sky Blue Army wild.

mark82

I fear a thrashing here. Would love the run to go on though. A win would do wonders for confidence going into a tough run of games.

Brighton 1

Hi all.
Just reading through this thread about our match.
Firstly congratulations on your cup run, and we also know about your off field problems, and can sympathise as we have had our fair share of mismanagement ourselves in the past.
I note that most of you are not very optimistic but if we play the same team as in the last round then our goalkeeper and all the back four will not be our normal defence. The midfield will be bench and perhaps one regular, our forward line might include on loan Ulloa, or the new signing Locadia, who is yet to play a game. The bench should be strong though.
We need to stay in the Prem if we can, and personally beating Palace in the last round was sweet enough for us.
The trains on the south coast are not running so many will give the game a miss, and for some reason many BHA season ticket holders, do not go to the cup games.
Most of us that are going do not feel any tension like on our Prem games and can just enjoy the day.
I hope you enjoy your day (though not too much) and if you are staying down I think you will enjoy Brighton.

Brighton 1

proper ray of sunshine aren't you. Maybe a new thread on how many goals they will score against us ?
If you look at BHA goals scored then you will see that we do not score many. It is improving but the team for Saturday will be different from the teams of late. I think you will do yourself proud and I really don't think a thrashing is on the cards. A narrow win will do me.

Users who are viewing this thread