Match Thread Coventry City at AFC Wimbledon Match Thread - Saturday 11th Aug (2 Viewers)

Esoterica

Anywhere, byline, halfway line or whenever they get a bit of space they just put it on the penalty spot.

Like last week Bakayoka is stranded as the central striker, Hiwula too left and Bayliss almost CM which leaves Sterling exposed.
That's where we lack a leader at the back too, need the back line 10 yards further up the pitch so they can't do that and it pushes the whole team up giving them less time to launch it accurately. Sterling has barely been higher than our own 18 yard box for most of that game.

Nick

Administrator
I do reckon we'll win this though. Get our foot on the ball and we'll cause issues.

We need to just open them up rather than hammering it forward. We are effectively playing 2 up front, one of them is on the left touchline for a lot of it.

PVA

Sterling shows nothing of this alleged wing back pedigree, seems afraid of the ball to me!

Not watching today so can't comment on his performance today, but I thought the same v Scunny. Looked reluctant to get the ball and run with it, which I thought would be a strength of his.

I think Grimmer deserves his place back soon.

Esoterica

In league 2 you can probably get away with lumping it forward blindly but you can't now. Finally get a bit of a team passing move then it goes to Doyle who first time hoofs it blind. Did the same against scunny
That's what happens when you know everyone around you is 2 yards quicker. You stop trusting your first touch. Hope Kelly is properly fit, not rushed back like he was last year at FGR.

Liquid Gold

We don’t look a team yet just a collection of players. Hopefully it will come but we’ve really struggled at times. Doyle’s passing is off and he doesn’t seem to be able to put his body on the line as he’s a yard behind where he should be.

Esoterica

Not watching today so can't comment on his performance today, but I thought the same v Scunny. Looked reluctant to get the ball and run with it, which I thought would be a strength of his.

I think Grimmer deserves his place back soon.
Barcham is lightning on their left wing, I wonder how much that played a part in Sterlings selection today

Nick

Administrator
When they fire a cross in, they have about 4 players causing trouble.

We put a cross in it's baka and about 4 of their defenders.

Nick

Administrator
Lucky then, looked a pen to me at the time, Will need to see it again

All came from Doyle being completely taken out of the game with ease.

Nick

Administrator
We have the ball on their goal line pretty much, we end up going back to doyle, back to Davies and then a bad pass and shit touch from Sterling gives them a throw on halfway.

Nick

Administrator
Good play from Baka out to Mason who puts a great cross in but as Baka had dropped deep to lay it off nobody to get onto the cross.

Nick

Administrator
Great ball from Bayliss, Baka chips the keeper who gets something on it but cleared

Ogogo put in a great tackle to start it

We need to play to get in behind as they cant handle it.

Nick

Administrator
Viveash talking to Hyam and Davies while the flag is fixed.

Going to be some added time for this, hopefully not in their favour :(

Nick

Administrator
Doyle keeps putting us under more and more pressure. He hasnt got the time or space to play the quarterback role he tries.

Users who are viewing this thread