Match Thread Coventry City at AFC Wimbledon Match Thread - Saturday 11th Aug (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Wasted free kick routine then, everybody goes up we try to play it short and it comes to nothing.

Within seconds they have a corner.

SlowerThanPlatt

Watching on Ifollow. Been all them, could really be 2 or 3 up by now. Bakayoko and Bayliss been only positives, we’re lucky to still be in the game

GaryJones

Thank fuck for half time - I need a break from this!

Mr Panda

Midfield needs to buck up it's ideas, a lot of second balls are being won in the area outside our box and they're just recycling it and getting more crosses in.

I think at some point it needs to be Kelly for Doyle if it continues like this.

Nick

Administrator
For all his efforts last season Doyle suddenly looks like a 37 year old, off the pace. Full backs are not naive at times. Bakayoko decent movement.

Doyle hasnt been involved at all, we need to stop playing to Bakayoka as if he is Biamou. He wants it in the channels or a one on one for pace with the defender.

Sky Blue Pete

Yep Doyle just keep saying lumping it forward. I’d be tempted to move Bayliss inside stink max up front and play Baka out wide right. Bayliss has height to compete in the middle. Really struggling with balls into the box

lifeskyblue

Sounds like we started ok. Then allowed them too much space wide. Hopefully cut out crosses and hold the ball up front a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
There are more problems than substitutions we are allowed

Biggest thing is cutting out their crosses, they are happy to pump it into the box from anywhere on the pitch and it is causing us all sorts of trouble.

Paxman II

Our full backs have been too exposed. We need to get the ball down and play, avoid their hoof tactic. Our central defenders have done well against it but we have to cut it out and pick the ball up more in the middle of the park. Slow them down. There is clearly still lack of understanding between players but we will improve with more minutes. mason good coming forward Stirling does not look comfortable.

Nick

Administrator
We getting done one side more than the other? Or they just launching it from wherever?

Anywhere, byline, halfway line or whenever they get a bit of space they just put it on the penalty spot.

Like last week Bakayoka is stranded as the central striker, Hiwula too left and Bayliss almost CM which leaves Sterling exposed.

larry_david

In league 2 you can probably get away with lumping it forward blindly but you can't now. Finally get a bit of a team passing move then it goes to Doyle who first time hoofs it blind. Did the same against scunny

Users who are viewing this thread