Cov v Lions matchday thread (1 Viewer)

derbyskyblue

Hackers is a prick always has been and you guys lap it up he must be pissing himself at you
I'm sure he will be having a chuckle to himself no doubt, but ive never minded having hackers on here. At the end of the day he's just the same as us,ie , follows a shit team but does talk some sense....sometimes.

SkyblueCookie

On gmk and here Hackers as always been a knob, a leicester fan no less. we will rise again.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Thorn says we had 22 attempts at goal tonight. Really? Apparently that should e enough to win two games. So why can't we even manage 1?

Also used the old line "I can't fault te players efforts". We're you watching all game today AT?

And what about when he said you can't cut corners and we've been found out; or you can't sell all your players and not replace them?

scroobiustom

As a result of pathetic idiots posting on here, Newcastle have vastly improved in my expectation, used to think SCUMderland/ Newcastle rivalry was just a petty geographical one, now i've learned its because SCUMderland fans are cunts.

Well done for changing opinions and perceptions of your crappy club who no one gives the tiniest of shits about :claping hands:

Thorn says we had 22 attempts at goal tonight. Really? Apparently that should e enough to win two games. So why can't we even manage 1?

Also used the old line "I can't fault te players efforts". We're you watching all game today AT?

Regardless of the level, from the Ryman Leagues to the Champions League, you win games by having players, or even just a player, who knows where the net is. Football is a simple game and chances are useless without a proven striker.

Tad

Luckily for me football isn't my 1st sport of choice, but it's fast becoming a sport I don't care what so ever about. Support works both ways. I've been faithful to this club for many years now and I've seen nothing to convince me they deserve my support. Regardless if we stay up (I highly doubt it) I won't be going next season. I've lost all interest in this poor excuse of a club and its shady ways. We turn up, spend money, show support time and time again and all we get is poor excuses and poor teams roled out every season.

And the end of the day, fans are just customers whatever way anyone cuts it. And I don't think we're getting value for money.

I feel sorry for those who will still follow them, but luckily for me I have my other sport where I see passion, entertainment, skill and owners that give a damn. And win or lose, I walk away from the arena knowing they've tried there best.

Best of luck to you all.

Last edited:

Macca

you are indeed due your time in the third division. I hope its a long time and that you rot there. Well deserved. Cheats never prosper? well its taking 35 years but that payback is coming now eh!? GOOD

Not being funny mate but why all this plastic hatred. If you were that bothered you would have realised that we had our comeuppance as you view it after 24 years in 2001. You sick c-units who are happy to celebrate the illness of an old man will hopefully have something unpleasant happen to your club one day and when the rest of the land are wearing t shirts for you I ll be laughing my arse off. We re going down so what? As I said our real pain came years ago

Crikey, that mackem really holds a grudge. I remember that game in 1977, but has he forgotten that Bristol City was the other team. And would Sunderland have done differently? I think not.

I'll try not to take offence, Godiva, but people from Sunlan are definitely NOT Geordies. They hate us even more than they hate you and all other decent people.

Anyway, I'm very sorry to see you getting relegated (in all likelihood). Guess I've had a bit of a soft spot for you since the days of Killer Kilkline and Mickey Gynn and the last FA Cup final I enjoyed. Hope you return very soon and much stronger like Newcastle United have done in the past couple of years. ;)

Grendel

Andy Thorn's Sky Blue Army.

Anybody's sky blue army but thorns. So tonight he bleats on the radio what has happened from the summer is not down to him. Why stay then? This is the man who criticized the previous managers tactics and said he plays football. He will never ever manage another club again. Only sisu who by implication he says do not invest would have been stupid enough to employ a clueless boy scout to do a mans job. Goodbye and good riddance.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
And what about when he said you can't cut corners and we've been found out; or you can't sell all your players and not replace them?

I must admit my post was a bit premature as he did become very honest after I posted about the lack of support he has had. And I agree entirely with him. I was just expecting it to be the same old when I heard the line about effort. I admit I was hasty in posting a critical post of Thorn.

Not being funny mate but why all this plastic hatred. If you were that bothered you would have realised that we had our comeuppance as you view it after 24 years in 2001. You sick c-units who are happy to celebrate the illness of an old man will hopefully have something unpleasant happen to your club one day and when the rest of the land are wearing t shirts for you I ll be laughing my arse off. We re going down so what? As I said our real pain came years ago

I suspect the glee on Weirdside was just as great then, but the message board and social media culture was in its infancy back then. This is the first chance they have had to be keyboard warriors.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Crikey! I've just noticed the time! It's gone 10pm! Shouldn't all the Scumderland posters be in bed by now? It's school in the morning y'know!

Robccfc87

Luckily for me football isn't my 1st sport of choice, but it's fast becoming a sport I don't care what so ever about. Support works both ways. I've been faithful to this club for many years now and I've seen nothing to convince me they deserve my support. Regardless if we stay up (I highly doubt it) I won't be going next season. I've lost all interest in this poor excuse of a club and its shady ways. We turn up, spend money, show support and time and time again and all we get is poor excuses and poor teams roled out every season.

And the end of the day, fans are just customers whatever way anyone cuts it. And I don't think we're getting value for money.

I feel sorry for those who will still follow them, but luckily for me I have my other sport where I see passion, entertainment, skill and owners that give a damn. And win or lose, I walk away from the arena knowing they've tried there best.

Best of luck to you all.

You support a club because it's etched in your heart, the club needs fans who stick by them through thick and thin. You act like the club owes you something?
if you can just turn your back on them when the chips are down then maybe the club and it's proper fans don't want your support.
We are all gutted at all the things going on but not everyone is prepared to just stop supporting them.
PUSB now and forever more.

Macca

I suspect the glee on Weirdside was just as great then, but the message board and social media culture was in its infancy back then. This is the first chance they have had to be keyboard warriors.

Fair point, certainly had Internet myself then but appreciate the fact it may have not reached those parts. Anyway suffice to say that despite previously having a soft spot for Sunderland seeing the type of scum they attract wish only the worse for the club. Not wasting my time with any more responses

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
And to make matters worse.......... I've slipped even further down the Prediction League! :(
Can things get any worse?

Tad

You support a club because it's etched in your heart, the club needs fans who stick by them through thick and thin. You act like the club owes you something?
if you can just turn your back on them when the chips are down then maybe the club and it's proper fans don't want your support.
We are all gutted at all the things going on but not everyone is prepared to just stop supporting them.
PUSB now and forever more.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. When you pay for your ticket you expect to be entertained just as much as you would when you go and watch a gig or go to the cinema. I'm not taking about winning, I'm taking and value for money. I don't feel we are getting that at all. You say when the chips are down they need the fans more then ever. Well, I'm sorry but the chips were down when we fell out of the premier league and started to slowly get worse with no sign what so ever of getting better. A club is not just etched into your heart. It's developed over a variety of ways.

Last edited:

Robccfc87

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. When you pay for your ticket you expect to be entertained just as much as you would when you go and watch a gig or go to the cinema. I'm not taking about winning, I'm taking and value for money. I don't feel we are getting that at all. You say when the chips are down they need the fans more then ever. Well, I'm sorry but the chips were down when we fell out of the premier league and started to slowly get worse with no sign what so ever of getting better. A club is not just etched into your heart. It's developed over a variety of ways.

Ok let's have a vote, how many Cov fans will now stop supporting the club? It will be very few cos come the start of next season we will have the same inner hope that our club could, could just have a good season.
When you talk about value for money I attribute that to a broadband connection or a fuel tariff, my team is like my family, I fall out with them but I ultimately love them and would never walk out on them.
Can you imagine the look on my young lads face (who is a mad cov junior, and hero worships his team as if they were Barcelona) if I said to him: "sorry lad, I am not taking you anymore, crap value for money"??
He, as I, will support this club for as long as it exists.

Tad

Ok let's have a vote, how many Cov fans will now stop supporting the club? It will be very few cos come the start of next season we will have the same inner hope that our club could, could just have a good season.
When you talk about value for money I attribute that to a broadband connection or a fuel tariff, my team is like my family, I fall out with them but I ultimately love them and would never walk out on them.
Can you imagine the look on my young lads face (who is a mad cov junior, and hero worships his team as if they were Barcelona) if I said to him: "sorry lad, I am not taking you anymore, crap value for money"??
He, as I, will support this club for as long as it exists.

Your team? What team? They've constantly changed owners, players and managers. This club is a mere shadow of what it use to be. Saying a club is like a 'family' is just deluded. Youve brought into PR crap every club uses to pry money from people. There can only be a hand full of teams at the top of the table and if your cant do that, and face it we haven't looked capable in 10 years, then you at least give people another reason to go. Entertainment, skill, aggression, finesse; something! I take it back what I said earlier. We're not customers. We're more like investors. We give them time, money, support and what have we truly got in return over the last 10 years? A string of shoddy owners/managers, shoddy games and players.

We've been utter crap for years and it's finally coming round to bite us. Like I said, my main sport, win or lose I walk away from that arena knowing everyone at the club has given everything and I've got my money's worth. Can't remember the last time we had that from City.

Last edited:

Robccfc87

Your team? What team? They've constantly changed owners, players and managers. This club is a mere shadow of what it use to be. Saying a club is like a 'family' is just deluded. Youve brought into PR crap every club uses to pry money from people. There can only be a hand full of teams at the top of the table and if your cant do that, and face it we haven't looked capable in 10 years, then you at least give people another reason to go. Entertainment, skill, aggression, finesse; something! I take it back what I said earlier. We're not customers. We're more like investors. We give them time, money, support and what have we truly got in return over the last 10 years? A string of shoddy owners/managers, shoddy games and players.

We've been utter crap for years and it's finally coming round to bite us. Like I said, my main sport, win or lose I walk away from that arena knowing everyone at the club has given everything and I've got my money's worth. Can't remember the last time we had that from City.

It's the city I support, it's unfortunate we have had so much mis management but it wouldn't stop me supporting them, ever. If your Mother was a heroin addict would you not love her?
If you want to be entertained or see some return on your 'investment' then go support man united, where would any small club be if fans had your outlook?: Simple, there wouldn't be any, just because we were in the top flight for a long time doesn't give you the right to expect us to be successful.
Answer me this: if we are in with a chance of promotion next season are you going to stay away then?

Tad

Your analogy is just awful. How deluded are some people is they think a club is a family? A family is something that sticks by you through everything. A football club is a financially ran club created by business men/women. That’s all it is. Football clubs sell you merchandise and tickets for your money. Do you honestly believe they’d give a damn about you if you had no money? Your family would, a football club wouldn’t. There’s a huge difference.

If you want to be entertained or see some return on your 'investment' then go support man united, where would any small club be if fans had your outlook?: Simple, there wouldn't be any, just because we were in the top flight for a long time doesn't give you the right to expect us to be successful.

I’m not expected success. I’m expected to see some return on something me, you and everyone else has put money into. If we were in the position we are in now despite everyone at the club trying there best, then I’d happily accept we are going into league 1. We’re not though. For a good 10 years now we’ve had to hit the reset button almost every season and it’s just pathetic. All the money us fans give this club is being wasted on poor management and below average players. And I can’t see that ever changing.

Last edited:

covcity4life

your analogue is just awful. How deluded are some people is they think a club is a family? A family is something that sticks by you through everything. A football club is a financially ran club created by business men/women. That’s all it is. Football clubs sell you merchandise and tickets for your money. Do you honestly believe they’d give a damn about you if you had no money? Your family would, a football club wouldn’t. There’s a huge difference.

I’m not expected success. I’m expected to see some return on something me, you and everyone else has put money into. If we were in the position we are in now despite everyone at the club trying there best, then i’d happily accept we are going into league 1. We’re not though. For a good 10 years now we’ve had to hit the reset button almost every season and it’s just pathetic. All the money us fans give this club is being wasted on poor management and below average players. And i can’t see that ever changing.

go digital

Robccfc87

Your analogy is just awful. How deluded are some people is they think a club is a family? A family is something that sticks by you through everything. A football club is a financially ran club created by business men/women. That’s all it is. Football clubs sell you merchandise and tickets for your money. Do you honestly believe they’d give a damn about you if you had no money? Your family would, a football club wouldn’t. There’s a huge difference.

I’m not expected success. I’m expected to see some return on something me, you and everyone else has put money into. If we were in the position we are in now despite everyone at the club trying there best, then I’d happily accept we are going into league 1. We’re not though. For a good 10 years now we’ve had to hit the reset button almost every season and it’s just pathetic. All the money us fans give this club is being wasted on poor management and below average players. And I can’t see that ever changing.
But I do love this club so how can suggest I am deluded? Maybe it's a simple case of you and I having different mindsets

Robccfc87

But I do love this club so how can you suggest I am deluded? Maybe it's a simple case of you and I having different mindsets. I'm a stayer, you go see your other sport that brings you so much glee. (let's hope they keep you entertained enough for you pledge your support)
You mention the business side again and again I tell you that it's not the business I care about, it's the fact that it's my city's team in the sport I like the most, I was bought up with it, I will bring my kids up with it, to me it is a way of life. Ccfc forever and all that.
So if you can tell me that my love affair with City should come to an end simply because of poor business/management then you my friend are the one who is deluded.

Tad

Perhaps it's more of a personal thing then. I have been finding myself getting bored of football and finding other sports more interesting..time will tell I suppose...:thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread