Council the real baddies? (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

That right was given up when CCFC moved out, broke the lease and liquidated I imagine. Still morally wrong though.
No. The right is separate from the lease. Hence why the council are having to use public money to pay off the charity.

covmark

It's not bullshit you cretin - or, if you think it is, explain why?

My view is predicated on the principle that the best outcome for the long-term revival of CCFC is for SISU to leave ASAP. And this deal makes this far more likely. Therefore worth supporting. You can't categorically prove that is bullshit - in fact, you are talking about of your arse.

Keep your worthless comments to yourself; adults are trying to have a serious discussion.

You want me to prove that this won't get rid of SISU. You're the one making these ridiculous statements. Surely you should be the one to prove that it WILL get rid of SISU. Moron, go and support someone else ffs.

mark82

Eh??? When did I say I wanted us to leave the Ricoh? It's our home and I want us to stay. In fact, I would boycott any new ground just as I boycotted Sixfields.

What exactly do you think will happen after Wasps get there hands on it? Not going to benefit the club is it?

italiahorse

Do you agree with he councils action? Sky blue John does.

You keep saying you disagree but offer no solution to this.

With Sisu not interested and moving the club out in 2-4 years what should CCC do.

You said that nobody else was interested and effectively because the stadium was worthless it should be given to Sisu.
It's not worthless so what should the council do ?

If it was your business here what would you do ?

SkyBlueCharlie

I won't spend too much time on a fruitless discussion with the SBT fundamentalist wing but if you look at all the Higgs case disclosures and the judge's summing up, the deal of £2m to Higgs, take on £14.4m loan, extend to 125-year lease & bring in AEG was the last one put forward. The big disagreement came when Sisu – after due diligence – deemed the Higgs' share worth £2m. That's where the deal breaks down.

Two years later, Higgs & CCC get £2.74m each, the £13.4m loan goes and the lease is 250-years.

Also in those two years we've had a ton of legal, PR & consultant costs – admins, JRs, "media war", "sell to Sisu when hell freezes over", appeals etc. The club played games in Northampton for just over a season. We had a year+ of no major concerts at the Ricoh.

If someone wants to argue that those two years were of any value to the businesses, council tax payers, fans of CCFC or anyone else apart from those highly-paid legal, PR & consultancy people, go for it. The crayons are over there and you can draw your opinions to your heart's content.

And now we've got a franchise club in the city that is going to swamp the one that has existed here since 1874 and it looks highly likely that the football club will have to build a new stadium elsewhere.

We stopped Sisu getting the Ricoh on the cheap by selling it to London Wasps on the even-cheaper.

Great deal all round really.
CCFC/
I won't send too much time with the Sisu fundamentalist wing but all of that began when CCFC/Sisu refused to meet their legal obligations, twice failed to even try to defend their actions in court... blah ,blah ,blah....seems you need your own crayons to colour in the new stadium which the nice Mr Fisher refused to say anything about last night.

covmark

What exactly do you think will happen after Wasps get there hands on it? Not going to benefit the club is it?

No, but using his twisted logic it will harm SISU, which can only be good for CCFC. Unbelievable.

Rusty Trombone

I won't spend too much time on a fruitless discussion with the SBT fundamentalist wing but if you look at all the Higgs case disclosures and the judge's summing up, the deal of £2m to Higgs, take on £14.4m loan, extend to 125-year lease & bring in AEG was the last one put forward. The big disagreement came when Sisu – after due diligence – deemed the Higgs' share worth £2m. That's where the deal breaks down.

Two years later, Higgs & CCC get £2.74m each, the £13.4m loan goes and the lease is 250-years.

Also in those two years we've had a ton of legal, PR & consultant costs – admins, JRs, "media war", "sell to Sisu when hell freezes over", appeals etc. The club played games in Northampton for just over a season. We had a year+ of no major concerts at the Ricoh.

If someone wants to argue that those two years were of any value to the businesses, council tax payers, fans of CCFC or anyone else apart from those highly-paid legal, PR & consultancy people, go for it. The crayons are over there and you can draw your opinions to your heart's content.

And now we've got a franchise club in the city that is going to swamp the one that has existed here since 1874 and it looks highly likely that the football club will have to build a new stadium elsewhere.

We stopped Sisu getting the Ricoh on the cheap by selling it to London Wasps on the even-cheaper.

Great deal all round really.

I recall that Joy's PA said that the due diligence wasn't actually completed, and that Joy valued the company at nothing. There was an offer of a £5.5m charitable donation (not the £2m that is often quoted), then an offer of £2m followed that.

Last edited:

spider_ricoh

You want me to prove that this won't get rid of SISU. You're the one making these ridiculous statements. Surely you should be the one to prove that it WILL get rid of SISU. Moron, go and support someone else ffs.

WHY, BECAUSE i WON'T WANT TO LICK TIM'S BALLS LIKE YOU?

covmark

It's not unbelievable...SISU are the enemy and we absolutely have to get them out of CCFC

How will this make them leave??? Surely it will do the opposite??? Who in their right mind will want to buy a 3rd tier club with no assets on a poxy 2/4 year rental deal??

RoboCCFC90

It's not unbelievable...SISU are the enemy and we absolutely have to get them out of CCFC

At what cost? Tearing down our Club? No thanks, I'd rather have Sisu then no Club at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

italiahorse

Guessing ?

Obviously it would be in there interest to keep the club here to maximise their profits.
They would be stupid not to offer the club preferential terms that would make it worthwhile staying.
With both clubs here it effectively cuts costs and these should be passed on proportionally.

I would hope CCC seek these type of assurances now as this is the only time to do it.

Just wait for the details and you might be pleasantly surprised !!!!

covmark

Guessing ?

Obviously it would be in there interest to keep the club here to maximise their profits.
They would be stupid not to offer the club preferential terms that would make it worthwhile staying.
With both clubs here it effectively cuts costs and these should be passed on proportionally.

I would hope CCC seek these type of assurances now as this is the only time to do it.

I admire your optimism Italia. I just cannot see how this is a good thing for CCFC. That's before we even go down the franchising of a rugby club argument.

bezzer

We may well have to come back to this at a later date. That is unless you want to share some 'insider' knowledge with us?

italiahorse

At what cost? Tearing down our Club? No thanks, I'd rather have Sisu then no Club at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope that once all options are taken away from Sisu they will move on. I suspect that CCC/HIGGS hope so too.
Just hope they realise this and do not try and build a new stadium in a vain hope to gain an upper hand.

Brighton Sky Blue

Guessing ?

We will be forever tenants if it goes through. Terms might be preferential but we will still be giving another business an extra wad of cash in the form of rent. The councillors and MP(s) who condemned relocating the club and now intend to do this to Wasps are doing so for the short sighted aim of bagging some easy cash.

The implications for rugby and football in the city will not be good.

italiahorse

I admire your optimism Italia. I just cannot see how this is a good thing for CCFC. That's before we even go down the franchising of a rugby club argument.

Always positive now my wrists have healed.

I think CRFC have also inferred that this could work ?
However I might be wrong as I only read the positive threads. Have Grendel and RFC stopped posting ;)

italiahorse

We will be forever tenants if it goes through. Terms might be preferential but we will still be giving another business an extra wad of cash in the form of rent. The councillors and MP(s) who condemned relocating the club and now intend to do this to Wasps are doing so for the short sighted aim of bagging some easy cash.

The implications for rugby and football in the city will not be good.

We will always pay rent, even in Sisu's new stadium.

WASPS will be paying rent to CCC (via ACL) for the next 250 years.

Nick

Administrator

How much rent will they be paying on top of the money to buy ACL out? (Genuine question). How much were ACL paying?

bezzer

According to BBC Midlands news, the Wasps consortium are paying £1m for the 250 year lease. They'e taking on the £13.2M loan and paying the council and Higgs Trust around £6m.

Nick

Administrator
According to BBC Midlands news, the Wasps consortium are paying £1m for the 250 year lease. They'e taking on the £13.2M loan and paying the council and Higgs Trust around £6m.

Seems a lot of news outlets are reporting these sorts of figures yet nobody seems fussed about a Children's charity losing out and being ripped off??? It looks like if the £5m for 50% went through the club would have been properly ripped off.

spider_ricoh

You are beyond help.

Just like CCFC with SISU in charge

No, because you like licking the councils arse.

What a splendidly grown-up comment

Disagree. We are predicting the future and my opinion of what will happen is different to yours. Who is right? We will see.

How will this make them leave??? Surely it will do the opposite??? Who in their right mind will want to buy a 3rd tier club with no assets on a poxy 2/4 year rental deal??

Nobody will want to buy it, but SISU will have to choose between selling for a quid and continuing to pump in millions with no hope of return. So they 'll take the former option.

Nick

Administrator
Just like CCFC with SISU in charge

What a splendidly grown-up comment

Disagree. We are predicting the future and my opinion of what will happen is different to yours. Who is right? We will see.

Nobody will want to buy it, but SISU will have to choose between selling for a quid and continuing to pump in millions with no hope of return. So they 'll take the former option.

Or they could just close it all down couldnt they?

wingy

Twenty years
Here's the question going through my mind
Why with this deal in the offing and all the associated furore would you invite the club back
When all you need to do is leave them where they took themselves off to and progress it with the fuss directed the other way
Something isn't straight forward around/about this

Grendel

Spider Ricoh should be ashamed - its obvious he is a troll who hates CCFC and its long suffering fans.

Either that or he is a deranged lunatic who has no concept of reality.

italiahorse

Twenty years
Here's the question going through my mind
Why with this deal in the offing and all the associated furore would you invite the club back
When all you need to do is leave them where they took themselves off to and progress it with the fuss directed the other way
Something isn't straight forward around/about this

Good point. Unless they really wanted to get CCFC back here before knowing that the FL would learn and not allow SISU to move the club again.

Users who are viewing this thread