Council the real baddies? (2 Viewers)

Astute

The trusts open letter said that Tim Fisher is a world renowned expert in law. I doubt that.

Renowned expert in acting like an idiot more like.

Grendel

Do you agree with the actions of Joy?

Do you agree with the policing strategy of Harry Callaghan in the Dirty Harry series. Both are equally relevant.

Astute

Because the current situation concerns if the council sell the ground to a consortium funding a rugby club from London - anything else at this present time is an irrelevance.

There you go Nick. Everything SISU have said and done is of an irrelevance although they could have gone for the lease that Wasps are after.

Astute

Do you agree with the policing strategy of Harry Callaghan in the Dirty Harry series. Both are equally relevant.

And as usual you post something that is of total irrelevance whilst trying to make an irrelevant point.

Grendel

And as usual you post something that is of total irrelevance whilst trying to make an irrelevant point.

Pot Kettle Black

Astute

Pot Kettle Black

So what are you trying to say?

So CCC could have handled this all better. SISU should have handled it much better. And now we have Fisher contradicting what Joy said. You couldn't make it up........

mark82

Am astounded that some people seem to think that the council's actions here are reasonable. There would only be one reasonable response to this offer that is to the detriment of two of the city's sporting clubs. No.

Grendel

So what are you trying to say?

So CCC could have handled this all better. SISU should have handled it much better. And now we have Fisher contradicting what Joy said. You couldn't make it up........

I'm saying you should put your hands up and admit both sides are duplicitous, secretive and manipulative.

Ian1779

Am astounded that some people seem to think that the council's actions here are reasonable. There would only be one reasonable response to this offer that is to the detriment of two of the city's sporting clubs. No.

If we later find out that SISU are involved in the Wasps consortium - the same people will be spitting blood at the injustice of it all.

Rusty Trombone

If we later find out that SISU are involved in the Wasps consortium - the same people will be spitting blood at the injustice of it all.

I doubt it, I think a lot of people want SISU to buy at least a share in ACL, should have done it years ago. That's the best option for the club.

sky blue john

I'm saying you should put your hands up and admit both sides are duplicitous, secretive and manipulative.

Because it was proven in the JR ?
Remind me who ended up paying the costs because if what you are saying is true, wouldn't each party have paid their own costs ?

spider_ricoh

No one is interested in your opinion, you've shown yourself to be no fan of CCFC. Cretin

How have I shown myself to be "no fan of CCFC" ?

I wonder why I spend considerable time, money and emotional energy travelling to home and way games from London, and spend my time on the CCLSC committee doing work for them on an entirely voluntary basis?

Could it be that I disagree with your childish and pathetic view where CCFC are entitled to a free stadium and anyone who blocks this is a baddie? I love CCFC but hate SISU and what's bad for SISU is good for CCFC.

You're the cretin.

Nick

Administrator
Because it was proven in the JR ?
Remind me who ended up paying the costs because if what you are saying is true, wouldn't each party have paid their own costs ?
Surely there are more things than the jr, like the situation now? Talk about holding onto something.

spider_ricoh

But they aren't - your description applies to SISU only. The council are entitled to sell ACL to whoever they want - morally and contractually. So swivel on it.

covmark

How have I shown myself to be "no fan of CCFC" ?

I wonder why I spend considerable time, money and emotional energy travelling to home and way games from London, and spend my time on the CCLSC committee doing work for them on an entirely voluntary basis?

Could it be that I disagree with your childish and pathetic view where CCFC are entitled to a free stadium and anyone who blocks this is a baddie? I love CCFC but hate SISU and what's bad for SISU is good for CCFC.

You're the cretin.

Utter bullshit

RFC

Absolute rubbish. The Judicial Review - impartially head, clearly showed where culpability lay.

Even since returning to the Ricoh, Tim Fisher, CEO of the football club, is still talking in terms of the new stadium, and the necessity for a freehold.

Against that backdrop, and in the face of being left with a white elephant, the council have seemingly done a deal that will prove in the best interests of the 98% of the City's population that don't go to games.

If you don't like the idea of a franchise team, rocking into town, by all means bleat on - I can understand where you are coming from.

But you really have to look to Mr Fisher and his declarations if you want to understand why we are where we are. And his tenure is the reason those players are no longer at the football club

Might be a good idea to wait for the outcome of the appeal before you state the obvious as it stands at this moment.

Rusty Trombone

But they aren't - your description applies to SISU only. The council are entitled to sell ACL to whoever they want - morally and contractually. So swivel on it.

If I may interject, you are right, they can sell to who they want when they want, but I think a valid point is that a good deal doesn't need to be kept secret does it?

mark82

So, are you happy about it then? Even if it is at the detriment of the football club you claim to support?

RFC

We are all agreed that the club/ground situation is a total mess. The question is, who is to blame?

To answer that, just ask yourself who has acted reasonably and who hasn't. Any fair-minded person who takes their Sky Blues -tinted specs off can see that for the most part ACL/CCC have acted pretty reasonably, whilst SISU have acted like a complete bunch of bastards.

In your opinion but NOT MINE! PUSB!

covmark

So, are you happy about it then? Even if it is at the detriment of the football club you claim to support?

He's over the moon. The club may be fucked, but at least SISU aren't get their grubby hands on the Ricoh.

fernandopartridge

Now the council are circumventing the right of Coventry City to have first refusal on the 50% share in ACL. How can you defend this spider?
In your fantasy world of this forcing SISU to leave who is going to want to buy a homeless club with a short term tenancy with an indebted stadium owner (even more indebted than ACL?

Rusty Trombone

Now the council are circumventing the right of Coventry City to have first refusal on the 50% share in ACL. How can you defend this spider?
In your fantasy world of this forcing SISU to leave who is going to want to buy a homeless club with a short term tenancy with an indebted stadium owner (even more indebted than ACL?

I imagine the answer is that Joy has stated she doesn't want to get involved. Remember, the only people who say they want the club to leave the Ricoh are the clubs owners.

mark82

That right was given up when CCFC moved out, broke the lease and liquidated I imagine. Still morally wrong though.

Rob S

I won't spend too much time on a fruitless discussion with the SBT fundamentalist wing but if you look at all the Higgs case disclosures and the judge's summing up, the deal of £2m to Higgs, take on £14.4m loan, extend to 125-year lease & bring in AEG was the last one put forward. The big disagreement came when Sisu – after due diligence – deemed the Higgs' share worth £2m. That's where the deal breaks down.

Two years later, Higgs & CCC get £2.74m each, the £13.4m loan goes and the lease is 250-years.

Also in those two years we've had a ton of legal, PR & consultant costs – admins, JRs, "media war", "sell to Sisu when hell freezes over", appeals etc. The club played games in Northampton for just over a season. We had a year+ of no major concerts at the Ricoh.

If someone wants to argue that those two years were of any value to the businesses, council tax payers, fans of CCFC or anyone else apart from those highly-paid legal, PR & consultancy people, go for it. The crayons are over there and you can draw your opinions to your heart's content.

And now we've got a franchise club in the city that is going to swamp the one that has existed here since 1874 and it looks highly likely that the football club will have to build a new stadium elsewhere.

We stopped Sisu getting the Ricoh on the cheap by selling it to London Wasps on the even-cheaper.

Great deal all round really.

Last edited:

spider_ricoh

Utter bullshit

It's not bullshit you cretin - or, if you think it is, explain why?

My view is predicated on the principle that the best outcome for the long-term revival of CCFC is for SISU to leave ASAP. And this deal makes this far more likely. Therefore worth supporting. You can't categorically prove that is bullshit - in fact, you are talking about of your arse.

Keep your worthless comments to yourself; adults are trying to have a serious discussion.

spider_ricoh

it looks highly likely that the football club will have to build a new stadium elsewhere..

What's your reasoning behind this Rob? We have a perfectly serviceable ground built less than 10 years ago - we don't physically need a new stadium to play in, and surely there is a deal to be done on long-term tenancy (and possibly a shre of ownership in the future).

By comparison, there seems no justification for the expense of building a new ground compared with paying the rent at the Ricoh.

mark82

It's not bullshit you cretin - or, if you think it is, explain why?

My view is predicated on the principle that the best outcome for the long-term revival of CCFC is for SISU to leave ASAP. And this deal makes this far more likely. Therefore worth supporting. You can't categorically prove that is bullshit - in fact, you are talking about of your arse.

Keep your worthless comments to yourself; adults are trying to have a serious discussion.

Maybe not bullshit, but it is moronic. Can't you fuck off and support another club if all you want for them is to fail.

Users who are viewing this thread