Council the real baddies? (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

Looking at the deal they are about to do with Wasps, it looks similar to the deal SISU claim they were about to do to take on ACL and pay off the £14.5m bank loan before the council pulled out.

I think the council are every bit as guilty as SISU in all this and CCC have let their personal vendettas lose the people of Coventry City a home and also any chance of future success.

Had they remained impartial throughout, I feel the club would have been in control of the stadium for a couple of years now and we would probably be in the championship with Wilson, Clarke, Moussa, Christie etc

skyblue1991

The council have now shown their true colours and are proving to be bigger cunts than SISU.

Cheers AL and the rest!

Evo1883

The council have always had a part to play in our demise , regardless of what people say

Senior Vick from Alicante

What we need to know is whether the council offered the same deal to SISU, if they have not then they need to say why! I also think this has a long way to run, why would Joy Sepalla just roll over and die? She has fought so hard to get the stadium why would you give up now? Also their could be further grounds for appeal as far as the JR is concerned with the way its all been handled, they have let the stadium go for less than they valued it whilst giving evidence to a judge. But the strangest thing for me is has any one wondered if Anne Lucas and Dot Cotton were separated at birth?

RFC

As I've said on many occasions previously the Council & their partners (or puppets on a string) have much to answer for and still more stings in the tale to come!

letsallsingtogether

Yes the Council do have a lot to answer for!
But does anyone seriously think that the Council would have got involved in the first place if they knew what was going to happen.
If our previous owners hadn't have sold Highfield Road and then went Cap in Hand to the Council and the Higgs then who knows where we would be now.

CCC/Higgs have obviously had enough of the whole situation and got rid off it to the Only serious bidder.
Sisu shout and ball all they like but do nothing bar say no one will speak to us are they really trying hard enough I think not.

Sisu have made no serious offer????? Joy has said she is happy with the Deal will not stop it???

There are other agendas here we will have to wait and see what the next chapter holds?:(

God Help Us...
On a brighter note 3-0 City tonight:D

Hobo

Lots of things can influence a football club or your business, but nothing like its owners. It is the owners who make the decisions and they have to overcome the difficulties that come it's way. So ultimately SISU have to take responsibility for what has happened to our club in recent years. That is not to say CCC hasn't been an influence. But the other teams we play each week influence our destiny also, but we don't blame them!

The SISU party line seems to be the Ricoh return is a short term deal, they are building their own stadium. CCC seem happy to do a deal with Wasps.

So it only seems like Coventry City fans are up in arms along with some Wasps fans.

Rob S

Yes the Council do have a lot to answer for!
But does anyone seriously think that the Council would have got involved in the first place if they knew what was going to happen.
If our previous owners hadn't have sold Highfield Road and then went Cap in Hand to the Council and the Higgs then who knows where we would be now.

CCC/Higgs have obviously had enough of the whole situation and got rid off it to the Only serious bidder.
Sisu shout and ball all they like but do nothing bar say no one will speak to us are they really trying hard enough I think not.

Sisu have made no serious offer????? Joy has said she is happy with the Deal will not stop it???

There are other agendas here we will have to wait and see what the next chapter holds?:(

God Help Us...
On a brighter note 3-0 City tonight:D

She put a deal that was better than this on the table 2 years ago and everyone lost it, started the "media war" and said that they'd sell to Sisu "when hell freezes over". I wish that she had kept trying the same thing over & over but you can see why she gave up on it.

How much council money has been wasted on PR people and lawyers in those two years? How much income to the city lost because the Ricoh hasn't been having football and the massive concerts it used to??

People complained that Sisu were distressing ACL to get it on the cheap. Seems like Wasps got it cheaper.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Looking at the deal they are about to do with Wasps, it looks similar to the deal SISU claim they were about to do to take on ACL and pay off the £14.5m bank loan before the council pulled out.

I think the council are every bit as guilty as SISU in all this and CCC have let their personal vendettas lose the people of Coventry City a home and also any chance of future success.

Had they remained impartial throughout, I feel the club would have been in control of the stadium for a couple of years now and we would probably be in the championship with Wilson, Clarke, Moussa, Christie etc

Absolute rubbish. The Judicial Review - impartially head, clearly showed where culpability lay.

Even since returning to the Ricoh, Tim Fisher, CEO of the football club, is still talking in terms of the new stadium, and the necessity for a freehold.

Against that backdrop, and in the face of being left with a white elephant, the council have seemingly done a deal that will prove in the best interests of the 98% of the City's population that don't go to games.

If you don't like the idea of a franchise team, rocking into town, by all means bleat on - I can understand where you are coming from.

But you really have to look to Mr Fisher and his declarations if you want to understand why we are where we are. And his tenure is the reason those players are no longer at the football club

Rusty Trombone

She put a deal that was better than this on the table 2 years ago and everyone lost it, started the "media war" and said that they'd sell to Sisu "when hell freezes over". I wish that she had kept trying the same thing over & over but you can see why she gave up on it.

How much council money has been wasted on PR people and lawyers in those two years? How much income to the city lost because the Ricoh hasn't been having football and the massive concerts it used to??

People complained that Sisu were distressing ACL to get it on the cheap. Seems like Wasps got it cheaper.

What was Joy's offer, and how is it better than this offer that we don't yet know all the details of?

Rusty Trombone

SISU didn't want to pursue that deal with Higgs though did they, and the bank wouldn't reduce the loan to how much SISU wanted to pay.

Astute

Was this the deal where they wanted to pay Higgs over 10 years without providing proof of funds or was it when Joy said she would give Higgs 2m for something that is worthless as they are a charity? And please let us know how much Higgs are going to get if the Wasps deal is to go through.

Astute

I don't think anybody is a "goodie" in all of this are they, all baddies.

We all know this Nick. But it seems as though some are trying to take the blame away from SISU and put it all onto CCC. And this is after SISU never putting any sort of offer in or negotiating.

Nick

Administrator
We all know this Nick. But it seems as though some are trying to take the blame away from SISU and put it all onto CCC. And this is after SISU never putting any sort of offer in or negotiating.

Who is saying SISU have done nothing and it is all CCC?

Nick

Administrator
Was this the deal where they wanted to pay Higgs over 10 years without providing proof of funds or was it when Joy said she would give Higgs 2m for something that is worthless as they are a charity? And please let us know how much Higgs are going to get if the Wasps deal is to go through.

So if the "reported" figures are correct, the £2m straight up wasn't far off for Higgs share was it?

sky blue john

I think we have the hysterical girls out in force today !
Its very funny how they have not accepted any facts of the JR !

Rusty Trombone

So if the "reported" figures are correct, the £2m straight up wasn't far off for Higgs share was it?

Doesn't appear more than £1m or so different. Wasn't that offer also reliant on SISU getting the loan reduced by the bank, which the bank wouldn't agree to anyway. Also neither Higgs or SISU wanted to proceed with the deal.

Grendel

That's because the judge got it wrong, world renowned expert in law Tim Fisher said so.

So you now disagree with the trust open letter do you. Sky blue John as well? My my.

spider_ricoh

We are all agreed that the club/ground situation is a total mess. The question is, who is to blame?

To answer that, just ask yourself who has acted reasonably and who hasn't. Any fair-minded person who takes their Sky Blues -tinted specs off can see that for the most part ACL/CCC have acted pretty reasonably, whilst SISU have acted like a complete bunch of bastards.

Nick

Administrator
We are all agreed that the club/ground situation is a total mess. The question is, who is to blame?

To answer that, just ask yourself who has acted reasonably and who hasn't. Any fair-minded person who takes their Sky Blues -tinted specs off can see that for the most part ACL/CCC have acted pretty reasonably, whilst SISU have acted like a complete bunch of bastards.

Quite simple, they are all to blame and all clearly in it for themselves.

What's everyone worrying about good old honest hedge fund Sisu are building us a shiney new stadium remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shy_tall_knight

Local Councillors and council officers struggled to maintain cordial relations with a hedge fund, although not surprising as they are from different worlds with vastly different objectives. It seems it got personal from both sides. the council and to a lesser extent Higgs were being sidetracked with the RICOH and IMO were happy to get rid so they could concentrate on the main purposes. SISU had burned bridges by their actions a deal was never likely, looks like WASPS were easier to deal with, form your own conclusions on that. Whilst I fear for my club and no doubt there was games played on both sides - SISU's strategy has backfired.

Grendel

The trusts open letter said that Tim Fisher is a world renowned expert in law. I doubt that.

Do you agree with he councils action? Sky blue John does.

Astute

Who is saying SISU have done nothing and it is all CCC?

So how many are having a go at CCC whilst trying their best not to mention or reply to anyone who mentions that Joy has stated that they are not interested in a lease of any sort for the Ricoh and are still saying that they are happy with their short term deal and will be building their own stadium?

Covstu

Local Councillors and council officers struggled to maintain cordial relations with a hedge fund, although not surprising as they are from different worlds with vastly different objectives. It seems it got personal from both sides. the council and to a lesser extent Higgs were being sidetracked with the RICOH and IMO were happy to get rid so they could concentrate on the main purposes. SISU had burned bridges by their actions a deal was never likely, looks like WASPS were easier to deal with, form your own conclusions on that. Whilst I fear for my club and no doubt there was games played on both sides - SISU's strategy has backfired.

I agree their strategy backfired but the councils 'fuck em' approach has put both coventry clubs at a huge detriment.

Astute

What reported figures? So how much will Higgs be getting?

Grendel

So how many are having a go at CCC whilst trying their best not to mention or reply to anyone who mentions that Joy has stated that they are not interested in a lease of any sort for the Ricoh and are still saying that they are happy with their short term deal and will be building their own stadium?

Because the current situation concerns if the council sell the ground to a consortium funding a rugby club from London - anything else at this present time is an irrelevance.

Users who are viewing this thread